forum

O2i3 - Ooi [Game Edit]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Wafu

Fort wrote:

the story when osu + BG = serious business
So basically, you are saying that because you consider the reasoning stupid, it is not a deal. Everything what is part of map is serious business, or else we wouldn't have rules like "Don't use NSFW backgrounds" if background image didn't matter. I complained about hitsounds too, I don't get why'd you just skip it by answering other part of my post. It would be cool if the answer wasn't just "fun" or comparing to things that are not related, try to focus on what reasons were raised and raise your argument against them, jumping out of those arguments doesn't help.

Wafu wrote:

Putting "meme sounds" for hitsounds without any context is just not sane anymore and doesn't make the map more fun, but just more troll. Rather than focusing on funny hitsounds, maybe there should be more focus on sane and logical hitsounds. Replacing soft-hitfinish30 should definitely be done, it is very noisy and choppy. 01:44:528 - part sounds very messy when it comes to hitsounds.

Map quality is nothing big either, minimal relation to music and almost repetitive star patterns don't improve it much.
This was not adressed at all and that argument cannot be broken easily, you skipped it though. Making random hitsounds doesn't make sense, we don't need more maps full of memes for the reason I explained. The soft-hitfinish30 is just poor quality sound that should be replaced under any circumstances, it sounds really bad and you can notice it's choppy even during gameplay.

Xexxar wrote:

If you delete the notes and listen to the sections he pointed out on 25%, there are no 1/4ths present. What he pointed out is indeed correct.
Exactly. Hitsounds volume are not even related to it, the Fort's argument doesn't seem relevant here.

@others: I don't want to be a teacher here, but we should make serious discussion rather than calling people retards or gays. Unserious comments could go to Disqus, it really turns away the direction of the discussion.

PatZar wrote:

and if you think this a overmapped mapset/difficulty, then why the firetruck those guy got FC?? germany being germany
Timorisu was correct about some places and overmap has no relation to whether people can FC it, blaming it on Germany is non-sense. These arguments lead to nothing really.
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

Xexxar wrote:

PatZar wrote:

before commenting other maps, and if you want to commenting this map, you should comment this too https://osu.ppy.sh/b/727903 , wise thinking pl0x

and if you think this a overmapped mapset/difficulty, then why the firetruck those guy got FC??
clearly you dont know what you're talking about.

the beats that were pointed out are indeed examples of overmap and undermapping. Streams that do not exist in music are there, and streams that do exist in the music are not. Just because someone has gotten an FC makes no difference on whether or not this fact is true. Please inh the future refrain from insulting someone on the forums as this is not the place for that.

Fort wrote:

I don't hate you :(
I just think that a lot of stuff is pretty overmapped in the highest diff :/
it's overmapped because the hitsound volume too high, probably i hear 1/4s in there
If you delete the notes and listen to the sections he pointed out on 25%, there are no 1/4ths present. What he pointed out is indeed correct.[/quote]
ummm looks my speaker broken

Wafu wrote:

Fort wrote:

the story when osu + BG = serious business
So basically, you are saying that because you consider the reasoning stupid, it is not a deal. Everything what is part of map is serious business, or else we wouldn't have rules like "Don't use NSFW backgrounds" if background image didn't matter. I complained about hitsounds too, I don't get why'd you just skip it by answering other part of my post. It would be cool if the answer wasn't just "fun" or comparing to things that are not related, try to focus on what reasons were raised and raise your argument against them, jumping out of those arguments doesn't help.

Wafu wrote:

Putting "meme sounds" for hitsounds without any context is just not sane anymore and doesn't make the map more fun, but just more troll. Rather than focusing on funny hitsounds, maybe there should be more focus on sane and logical hitsounds. Replacing soft-hitfinish30 should definitely be done, it is very noisy and choppy. 01:44:528 - part sounds very messy when it comes to hitsounds.

Map quality is nothing big either, minimal relation to music and almost repetitive star patterns don't improve it much.
This was not adressed at all and that argument cannot be broken easily, you skipped it though. Making random hitsounds doesn't make sense, we don't need more maps full of memes for the reason I explained. The soft-hitfinish30 is just poor quality sound that should be replaced under any circumstances, it sounds really bad and you can notice it's choppy even during gameplay.

Xexxar wrote:

If you delete the notes and listen to the sections he pointed out on 25%, there are no 1/4ths present. What he pointed out is indeed correct.
Exactly. Hitsounds volume are not even related to it, the Fort's argument doesn't seem relevant here.
ok, looks i got much points here i'll pm ingame later to discuss something
IamKwaN
As mapper's request.
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

IamKwaN wrote:

As mapper's request.
thanks kwan :3
Natsu
Please change the BG, really, since QATs don't check maps people are doing anything they want and really hurt mapping quality. Anyways your reasoning behind the BG are invalid.

Why the HP is so low, 6 should be the minimun, I don't get why you always use a ridiculous low HP without a strong reason in your maps, if a low skilled player can't pass the map that's fine, you don't need to use a ridiculous settings to make them do a pass. You also don't need to use memes not related to the song for calling attention to your maps.

Also try to follow better the song, I know streams don't raise the star ranting as 1/2 screen jump does, but man you have alot of time mapping, try to follow the song better, yea there are situations were snapping is so weird that you need to use 1/2s or 1/4s, but this song beats are so clearly..., it don't have to be perfect, but do the best you can, in every map I see from you, I always see the same:1/2 jum spam ignoring the music to archive a 7 star map with such low hp so anyone can pass it by spamming keys, Xexxar complains are really objectively justified:

From 01:18:972 - to 01:34:528 (1) - is just 1/2 jump spam fest, that you can past it at any song with the same bpm and it will work the same

01:35:639 (1) - this should be a 1/2 slider

01:36:472 (10) - same

01:36:750 (1) - the beat at 01:36:889 - is so strong that the double repeat slider sounds super bad, if anything use 2 1/4 sliders

01:37:306 (6,7) - listen to the music again and notice that this doesn't fit it at all

01:38:486 (7) - what is this beat following?

and similar issues repeat in the full diff, there are some overmaped parts and alot of undermaped ones, I'd suggest you to do a full rework with rhythm, also this looks more as a jump practice map that something trying to fit the song IMO.
Hitsounds are ridiculous I totally agree with wafu, using silly memes without context shouldn't be allowed, it's fine to have fun, but also you should know where to stop with it.
Yuii-
Hitsounds are pretty cool, in my opinion. They are completely different from today's standards, that's for sure, but that doesn't mean they are bad or anything like that. They are not out of context, they are just different.
As for the gameplay, I really enjoyed the highest difficulty despite having some overmapped/overdone things. If you want an advice from me, you should re-take a look at Hyper and Advanced, there are some really inconsistent spacings you want to look at.

Good luck with further processing!!
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

Natsu wrote:

Please change the BG, really, since QATs don't check maps people are doing anything they want and really hurt mapping quality. Anyways your reasoning behind the BG are invalid.

Why the HP is so low, 6 should be the minimun, I don't get why you always use a ridiculous low HP without a strong reason in your maps, if a low skilled player can't pass the map that's fine, you don't need to use a ridiculous settings to make them do a pass. You also don't need to use memes not related to the song for calling attention to your maps.

Also try to follow better the song, I know streams don't raise the star ranting as 1/2 screen jump does, but man you have alot of time mapping, try to follow the song better, yea there are situations were snapping is so weird that you need to use 1/2s or 1/4s, but this song beats are so clearly..., it don't have to be perfect, but do the best you can, in every map I see from you, I always see the same:1/2 jum spam ignoring the music to archive a 7 star map with such low hp so anyone can pass it by spamming keys, Xexxar complains are really objectively justified:

From 01:18:972 - to 01:34:528 (1) - is just 1/2 jump spam fest, that you can past it at any song with the same bpm and it will work the same

01:35:639 (1) - this should be a 1/2 slider

01:36:472 (10) - same

01:36:750 (1) - the beat at 01:36:889 - is so strong that the double repeat slider sounds super bad, if anything use 2 1/4 sliders

01:37:306 (6,7) - listen to the music again and notice that this doesn't fit it at all

01:38:486 (7) - what is this beat following?

and similar issues repeat in the full diff, there are some overmaped parts and alot of undermaped ones, I'd suggest you to do a full rework with rhythm, also this looks more as a jump practice map that something trying to fit the song IMO.
Hitsounds are ridiculous I totally agree with wafu, using silly memes without context shouldn't be allowed, it's fine to have fun, but also you should know where to stop with it.
looks this will be take several hours

Yuii- wrote:

Hitsounds are pretty cool, in my opinion. They are completely different from today's standards, that's for sure, but that doesn't mean they are bad or anything like that. They are not out of context, they are just different.
As for the gameplay, I really enjoyed the highest difficulty despite having some overmapped/overdone things. If you want an advice from me, you should re-take a look at Hyper and Advanced, there are some really inconsistent spacings you want to look at.

Good luck with further processing!!
yeah please somebody help with this because it's hard to check all my diffs one by one
Reddit

Natsu wrote:

Why is this an issue, and how does it hurt mapping quality when it isnt even related to mapping? last time I checked there are some anime tv size maps that have backgrounds from completely different animes and they were fine, Is this map from a something specific? No? then why is the current BG considered not appropriate? The artist of this song used a picture of a car with a pink background as seen here https://soundcloud.com/o2i3/o2i3-ooi-game-edit and the image Fort used for the map seems to fit better. No need to be so anal about tiny details that dont affect gameplay.
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

Reddit wrote:

Natsu wrote:

Why is this an issue, and how does it hurt mapping quality when it isnt even related to mapping? last time I checked there are some anime tv size maps that have backgrounds from completely different animes and they were fine, Is this map from a something specific? No? then why is the current BG considered not appropriate? The artist of this song used a picture of a car with a pink background as seen here https://soundcloud.com/o2i3/o2i3-ooi-game-edit and the image Fort used for the map seems to fit better. No need to be so anal about tiny details that dont affect gameplay.
im trying to go inside safe line now, so im trying to follow everything don't worry it's fine

if you still want to download the background 'll put this link later
Natsu

Reddit wrote:

Natsu wrote:

BG, Hitsounds, combo colors, objects, are all related to the quality lol.. anyways of course random anime bgs aren't fine too lol, isn't being anal is having a common sense.
Kaine
#bringbackstoryboardedhitsounds2k16
Monstrata

Fort wrote:

Timorisu wrote:

stop hating me

I don't hate you :(
I just think that a lot of stuff is pretty overmapped in the highest diff :/
it's overmapped because the hitsound volume too high, probably i hear 1/4s in there
I actually like your hitsounds, but this is not a good reason for overmapping, Fort. This is just an oversight from you for having your hitsound volume too high and mapping 1/4's that dont exist.
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah
okay so i've deciding this thing, with reason i have

1. fix BG
  2. i fix stream parts on 01:35:639 - in Game Over, and Extreme diff, i think the lower diffs is okay
  3. i didn't fix 00:55:639 - stream part and 01:04:528 - part because i've explained that part before and it have some offbeat 1/4 sound which support a stream
  4. i didn't fix 01:18:972 - part as natsu's saying because it will be affected by the map, it gonna be more red line 1/2 sliders if i do this, this means i have the purpose that im focusing to keep follow upbeat and downbeat in gameplay, and i think the melody will be auto followed than put melodical parts in here
  5. i put some 1/4s in 01:18:972 - as xexxar's mentioned
  6. i change 01:34:528 - part to a 1/4 sliders in Game over
  7. i didn't change 01:35:639 (1) - into 1/2 sliders because i think that sliders is okay since it has zero leniency for the sliders, looks okay for overmapping a bit for this diff (and since i put a kick sliders on 01:36:750 - it will be fine for this
  8. i fix soft-hitfinish30.wav as Wafu's mentioned, the quality is bad because i think i amplify that hitsound to much so it have low quality (i guess), now please check it if you still complain with that since my speaker is not perfect at all kind of sound like this
  9. end of fixes, nobody will complain now since i fix all things (i hope so)
now i can't update the map...
oh i can
Kuki
peace b with u
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

Kuki wrote:

peace b with u
peace :)
sdafsf
one more thing you should really fix are these sliders 01:44:528 (1,2) - why are they mapped the same way as these 01:45:083 (3) - it seems so out of place and for a ending section of a short song so anti climatic. the i-i vocals are clearly 1/2 while the a vocal is 1/1. this was pointed out before but since you didnt add it in your changes list i point it out again
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

sdafsf wrote:

one more thing you should really fix are these sliders 01:44:528 (1,2) - why are they mapped the same way as these 01:45:083 (3) - it seems so out of place and for a ending section of a short song so anti climatic. the i-i vocals are clearly 1/2 while the a vocal is 1/1. this was pointed out before but since you didnt add it in your changes list i point it out again
well i can assume this as mapping improvement, so we can try haha
Te Amo
How do people see all these problems, when i play qualified maps almost everytime they seem ok to me.
sdafsf

Te Amo wrote:

How do people see all these problems, when i play qualified maps almost everytime they seem ok to me.
in editor they are pretty clear to see
sdafsf

Fort wrote:

sdafsf wrote:

well i can assume this as mapping improvement, so we can try haha
i dont think you understood what i meant... i meant to make every i-i sound in this section a jump and every a sound a 1/1 slider.

if you understood but made it this way anyways excuse me the sliders just seem so random mostly.. its very inconsistent rn
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

sdafsf wrote:

i dont think you understood what i meant... i meant to make every i-i sound in this section a jump and every a sound a 1/1 slider.

if you understood but made it this way anyways excuse me the sliders just seem so random mostly.. its very inconsistent rn
did you update the map, mister? :^)
sdafsf

Fort wrote:

sdafsf wrote:

did you update the map, mister? :^)
i did but i feel like these are still out of place:
01:45:639 (1,2) - should be 1/2
01:46:195 (3,4) - should be 1/1
01:47:584 (6) - should be 1/2

not part of what i mentioned before but i feel like this could be 1/2 as well 01:52:861 (1) -
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

sdafsf wrote:

i did but i feel like these are still out of place:
01:45:639 (1,2) - should be 1/2
01:46:195 (3,4) - should be 1/1
01:47:584 (6) - should be 1/2
yeah im doing that cuz for variety, but okay then no problem

enjoy the new pattern :)

about 01:52:861 (1) -, i think it's better with 1/2 sliders because yeah maybe some light density notes can make the pattern comfortable for that, so i didn't change
sdafsf
im really sorry that i havent put this into a proper mod in the first place but i still have some thoughts on this map. ill put all the rest into one last proper mod again sorry :?

mod
00:24:250 (4) - make this one 1/4 tick longer maybe the sond is pretty long
00:25:917 (2) - undermapped there is a sound on the red tick
00:28:417 (1) - make this two kicksliders
00:38:972 (1) - this slider end is too audible to not be klickable imo maybe blanket the triplet and put a circle blanketed with this 00:39:806 (4) -
00:39:250 (3) - make this slider 1/4 shorter to make this slider end clickable
00:42:861 (5) - maybe make this a kickslider + circle instead again sliderend very audible
00:43:972 (1) - put two stacked circles instead of slider. again sliderend very audible
00:46:750 - map this white tick with a slow 1/2 slider the white tick has a strong audible beat and the sldier would fit the sound you didnt map too something like this
01:04:806 - this is though (i know this was mentioned before but pls...)
01:07:028 - ^ i get that youre trying to map the 'chi' sounds here but at some combos you even mapped all the beats so this is very inconsistent (01:04:528 (1,2,1) - here you didnt. 01:05:639 (1,2,3,4) - here you did. 01:06:750 (1,2,1) - here you didnt again but 01:07:861 (1,2,3,4) - here you did again...
01:10:083 (1) - undermapped for a top diff but that kinda okay i guess...
01:11:472 (1,2,3) - if you map these sounds why not map the whole section from 01:11:195 - to 01:13:417 -
01:16:750 - spinner?
01:26:472 (3,4,1) - map the blue ticks with kicksliders or even a stream
01:31:750 (6) - make this a kickslider + circle again audible red tick
01:35:083 (1) - two stacked circles
01:37:861 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - no idea why

just my thoughts since this was accepted by bns im not sure how much you actually need to map the music and how much the patterns just need to play well... i really like the map though :D
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

sdafsf wrote:

im really sorry that i havent put this into a proper mod in the first place but i still have some thoughts on this map. ill put all the rest into one last proper mod again sorry :?

mod
00:24:250 (4) - make this one 1/4 tick longer maybe the sond is pretty long
00:25:917 (2) - undermapped there is a sound on the red tick
00:28:417 (1) - make this two kicksliders
00:38:972 (1) - this slider end is too audible to not be klickable imo maybe blanket the triplet and put a circle blanketed with this 00:39:806 (4) -
00:39:250 (3) - make this slider 1/4 shorter to make this slider end clickable
00:42:861 (5) - maybe make this a kickslider + circle instead again sliderend very audible please i want rest time
00:43:972 (1) - put two stacked circles instead of slider. again sliderend very audible looks slider can be better in here
00:46:750 - map this white tick with a slow 1/2 slider the white tick has a strong audible beat and the sldier would fit the sound you didnt map too something like this
01:04:806 - this is though (i know this was mentioned before but pls...)
01:07:028 - ^ i get that youre trying to map the 'chi' sounds here but at some combos you even mapped all the beats so this is very inconsistent (01:04:528 (1,2,1) - here you didnt. 01:05:639 (1,2,3,4) - here you did. 01:06:750 (1,2,1) - here you didnt again but 01:07:861 (1,2,3,4) - here you did again... im doing 01:05:639 (1,2,3,4) - because 01:06:333 (1,2) -. im doing 01:07:861 (1,2,3,4) - because 01:08:417 (1,2,3,4) - , there is no sound like 01:06:333 (1,2) - in 01:04:945 (1,2,3) - and there is no sound of 01:08:417 (1,2,3,4,5) - in 01:07:167 (1,2,3) - . inconsistent?
01:10:083 (1) - undermapped for a top diff but that kinda okay i guess... consistency, trying to be consistent
01:11:472 (1,2,3) - if you map these sounds why not map the whole section from 01:11:195 - to 01:13:417 - im trying to warn player about this slider m8 01:13:417 (1) -
01:16:750 - spinner? nop, that's unnecessary
01:26:472 (3,4,1) - map the blue ticks with kicksliders or even a stream
01:31:750 (6) - make this a kickslider + circle again audible red tick looks this is really fine and well played in game
01:35:083 (1) - two stacked circles 01:33:972 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4) - this is enough
01:37:861 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - no idea why

just my thoughts since this was accepted by bns im not sure how much you actually need to map the music and how much the patterns just need to play well... i really like the map though :D
thanks
red = denied :)
AncuL

sdafsf wrote:

Te Amo wrote:

in editor they are pretty clear to see
smh we are not playing in the editor

anyways a bit for game over and extreme diff
01:40:639 - until 01:41:958 - try to reduce the volume into 60% or so. my ears are dying
[Mahua]
toon
ayyy lets make this ranked
Down
Game Over
01:38:417 (6,7,8,9,10) - Missing hitsounds?
Zyl
300 Favs + Unrank

+2 Stars :)

YOU CAN DO IT FORT!!
Topic Starter
Ciyus Miapah

Zyl wrote:

300 Favs + Unrank

+2 Stars :)

YOU CAN DO IT FORT!!
N E V E R - G I V E - U P

update ancul x down mod