forum

Stuff that makes you cringe

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko
i dont know how people can buy alienware and not be self conscious about what a mindless consumer it makes them look like.
i can understand if you get one as a gift, i'd probably use it too in that case, but id at least run a clean install over the garbage that is windows 8 or windows 10 they come with
Topic Starter
kirueggy
shit the only reason why i ever bought one was because i was too lazy to make a gaming PC/actually find a normal laptop which was also well-suited for gaming so i just said fuck it and bought an alienware because at least it's capable of doing something
Renevant

kirueggy wrote:

shit the only reason why i ever bought one was because i was too lazy to make a gaming PC/actually find a normal laptop which was also well-suited for gaming so i just said fuck it and bought an alienware because at least it's capable of doing something
I think laptops are a different situation than the desktops. Alienware laptops have comparable prices to macbooks, which are much more popular. That doesn't mean they're priced reasonably, its just that you don't have too many options if you want something that can play anything. The desktops are probably way overpriced in comparison to building your own though.

I deleted my other post, but i basically have the situation Riince is talking about. I got the 18 inch laptop as a present with windows 8 (so its about as portable as a desktop..) lol. I then got a new SSD to boot to and removed windows 8 off the other HDD.
Vuelo Eluko
sorry i was referring to the desktops, i dont even agree with the idea of getting a laptop for gaming in the first place but if you did there aren't really options
deletemyaccount

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

sorry i was referring to the desktops, i dont even agree with the idea of getting a laptop for gaming in the first place but if you did there aren't really options
There *are* options, they are just really niche and demand a price premium.
Vuelo Eluko
but whats the point of HIGH GRAPHIX HIGH PERFORMANCE GAYMING on the go, there are tens of thousands of fun games you could play on a normal laptop that would run just fine like the one in my sig. you need to pay like 3-4x more for a laptop that runs games as well as a desktop equivalent..
chaee
Blatant disrespect for another person online in the form of shade. It's that passive aggressive bullshit that reeeallly cringes me the fuck out, and triggers my gag reflex.
Renevant

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

but whats the point of HIGH GRAPHIX HIGH PERFORMANCE GAYMING on the go, there are tens of thousands of fun games you could play on a normal laptop that would run just fine like the one in my sig. you need to pay like 3-4x more for a laptop that runs games as well as a desktop equivalent..
Im essentially using mine as a desktop. It doesn't move very much, because there's no way I'd bring that thing to school.
Unfortunatley, my home situation doesn't allow me to have a normal desk, desktop, and monitor, so I was pretty glad to recieve a laptop that could be as good as a desktop. Especially after having a shitty $500 laptop for 6 years.

In a normal situation though, yah, it's kinda pointless to get a "gaming" laptop unless you really need that portability for some reason.
GSG95

A Medic wrote:

Jarvis
everything on r/ThatHappened
Lapis-
people that havent even been a part of this community for a month making definitive judgments about the community based on #osu
Pituophis
Looking back at my previous posts.
chaee
The word "genderfluid" Shit makes me gag
Navizel

chaee wrote:

The word "genderfluid" Shit makes me gag
and all the dumblr buzzwords
A d r i a n
":v"
ridiculous maps like centipede
Aiona
the thought that I can't organise my study table neatly
Nameless

Tacobite wrote:

Please help, I went on /r/ThatHappened. I'm dying of a cringe attack at this very moment.
Gumpy
my face
Nameless

Gumpyyy wrote:

my face
Plane
The osu! community as a whole.
Navizel
so you even cringe to yourself
Shinobi
Looking back at facebook posts from a few years ago...
Ameth Rianno
Living in this world.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Seeing people reply to threads which has already concluded many months or even years ago.
GSG95

Nameless wrote:

Tacobite wrote:

Please help, I went on /r/ThatHappened. I'm dying of a cringe attack at this very moment.
i died
_sparky_
Looking back at my topics/posts from when I started posting in Off Topic.
Aomi
Nameless' sentences that end with 'frankly'.
Mercurial
This thread.
FuZ
The "Post you in real life" thread
-Seren-

Pituophis wrote:

Looking back at my previous posts.
Plane
Snip
Nameless

Aomi wrote:

Nameless' sentences that end with 'frankly'.
ya bloody w0t m8

GSG95 wrote:

Nameless wrote:

i died
Good luck in the afterlife.
fartownik

kirueggy wrote:

This thread is for things that hurt your sides. Quite literally
(try to keep it NSFW boys when posting lmao)

I'll start

holy shit this is absolutely horrible, I wish I never entered this thread

/contributing

A Medic

Ameth Rianno wrote:

Living in this world.
Yikes friend.