Side wrote:Hi for the M4M :vBest of luck!I'm guessing you're going for ranked so you can consider adding like a cool storyboard to it you know flashy stuffs to the 1/1 beat, pulsing, lights, etc. I think it would be a nice bonus and everyone loves a good storyboard
00:28:440 - I think you can add a note here to sort of immitate the "burst" you had at 00:24:748 (2) - which is also at the downbeat. Technically there's no beat or vocal playing on this tick specifically but that note adds a nice effect so I think having it there or here 00:32:132 - (as an example) would give it a bit of a consistent 2/1 or 4/1 rhythm pattern uh....damn I hope that makes sense xD Basically consider a note in those 2 spots to add a nice pattern. I'd prefer keep the symmetry
01:15:286 (3) - I think the slider head is meant to be a normal sample.
01:23:132 - Also think kiai would start on this green timing one :v
01:58:209 (1) - Would be nice if the spinner had a somewhat quick volume build up like that...thing :v
02:32:363 (3) - Add clap to head.
02:39:748 (3) - Add whistle like 02:32:363 (3) -
02:40:671 (1) - Clap to tail
03:02:825 (3) - NC here. in the previous two combos you had a 4/1 NC pattern and as a result forgetting it here threw the next few patterns out of whack lol. Like 03:06:517 (3) - would normally be NC and it would also be the upbeat which personally I don't think should share a pattern with 1 and 2 because they're the downbeat as in from a previous beat idk also hard to explain this. Music stuffs u know. idk, pattern wise seems fine T_T
03:13:440 (1) - Add clap or normal sample probably. Also since this part is pretty similar to 01:22:671 - I would probably consider adding a note like that there too (or removing it if spinner cooldown concerns you)
03:35:132 (2) - Remove whistle from tail to match 03:34:209 (1) - erm no, that follows dj sound of "I want you" that i used for the lyrics
03:42:979 (4) - Arguably you could still add clap here but its up to you. Depends on the effect you're trying to go for really.
03:44:363 (2) - Add whistle to the middle segment at 03:44:594 - like 03:45:286 (1) - and you do that on other similar sliders ofc.
03:50:825 - Increase volume to 80% to match the one at 03:28:671 - since you lowered it here at 03:50:363 - to do that little mute effect but the song goes back to the same volume so similarly so should your volume.
Note: I won't go into hitsounds on the other diffs as much because idk if you copied them over or not but I'd assume if they were not as consistent in this diff then you might wanna double-check the other diffs make sure all your stuffs and volumes are in the right spots :v
00:10:209 (1,2) - I'm not really seeing a pattern with the NCs in this intro. For instance in this quieter part it could easily be NCs ever 8/1 (every other downbeat) so if that's what you're going for I suggest switching the NCs around in those notes. If you did wanna have consistent NCs then you could also remove the NC at 00:12:979 (1) - as well. I won't touch on the NCs in case you did have a pattern in mind with these so I'd like to hear what you did if so erm i believe its fine, I'm ncing based on dowbeat and measures
00:12:979 (4) - Could probably have a whistle with soft addition to compliment that chamber-y instrument playing in the background like 00:13:671 (5) - does. Also you did it here 00:20:363 (1) - The instrument sound doesn't support
00:38:825 (1) - Blanket could be better :v
00:43:440 (1) - Missing whistle on tail. Ok for real now I won't go into hitsounds xD wuh, there no sound to support whistle
00:49:902 (4) - Missing whistle in the middle and clap in the tail....nvm I'll just point out hitsounds >_<
00:50:479 (1) - Maybe change to drum sample and add clap? Sounds kinda cool and I'm sure you can bring out that sound at the end of the spinner with some hitsounds :v
00:54:056 (2) - change to soft sample
00:55:440 (1,2) - From the looks of it the spacing is consistent in these parts by 1.1x so thats how it should be from 1 to 2 imo. Or at least so that it looks kinda even like this.
01:15:056 (3) - Missing clap in middle part.
01:23:132 - Suggestion: You can use the soft whistle to compliment the lead synth thing quite well for this section. Consider doing that since you're already mapping to the general beat with hitnormal and claps and whistles are pretty nice for these kinds of things.
01:45:286 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - Aww you could make a nice pentagon
01:51:748 (1,2) - Personally I dont like this. It's not really wrong but it just kills the 1/2 pattern. You could do like 1/2 mirrored sliders or something and keep the effect going. I wanted to show each of the beats tho? D: get more opinions here
01:58:209 (1) - Same comment about the increasing volume for a nice effect.
02:07:440 (1) - Curve the end node a little more to the right to do something like thisand keep the spacing kinda consistent I feel these are fine, imo look nice, and flow well
02:08:132 (2,3,4,1) - Maybe a bit picky but you could make clean triangles/diamonds with these without having to rework much :v ^
02:16:440 (4) - I think you could have a note here like you did at 02:16:440 (4) - which is kind of like the same section in the bar (in the 4/1 or big white tick u know). ? wrong timestamp
02:57:056 (5,1) - Move (5) to x:167 y:321 and (1) to x:232 y:259 so that you make a nice triangle thing with 5 and you keep consistent looking spacing with 1. Minor but looks nice :v
03:13:440 - Add note You have one at 01:22:671 (1) - Different rhythms there and here, so no
03:29:132 (2) - Move a bit to the left to be evenly spaced between 1 and 3.
03:57:748 (1) - Slider could look better.
00:17:363 (4) - Add whistle next note >.>
01:20:132 (7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - >_<!!!! HITSOUNDS!!! move all the whistles you have on the blue ticks to the white/red ticks
01:23:132 - Same comment as the hard regarding using whistles to compliment the synthy thing in this section. Also for the 2nd kiai ofc.
01:52:671 (1,2,3,4) - You can embrace your inner andrea and make this part kinda symmetrical looking like this :v errm not aiming for symmetry here :/
02:27:979 (2,3,4,1) - Maybe make this an evenly spaced thing?
03:10:902 (7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - >_> hitsounds. Same as the other thing.
03:13:440 (2) - Add hitnormal or clap and maybe space a bit to give it some intensity.
Overall diff is pretty straight forwards. I hope you can take a bit of time to really look over the hitsounds though there are a few I didn't mention or might have overlooked. Also I think this map would be so nice if it had somewhat cleaner patterns whether its things done via polygon or slider to stream or even eyeballing a good square/triforce pattern etc. A lot of straight-forward maps nowadays really pass for cool because of that so maybe also take a bit of time to adjust a few notes and fill it with consistently spaced patterns etc. Not that it's wrong this way but y'know, I'm sure you want it to stand out :3
BetaStar wrote:As requested-
- http://puu.sh/lkvFV/709439a896.png ?? seems fine on my aidmod
- 00:10:209 (3,1,2) - Rhythm is bit weird.. Try this: http://puu.sh/lkvQr/38a676b064.jpg / AND / NC @ 00:11:132 ermm i want to start off dense and build, since this part is soft
- Add circle at 00:17:363 ^
- 00:24:748 (2) - Remove. I don't really hear anything in the music for this note. really sound instrument sound here so no
- 00:43:902 (4) - Make this into slider instead. http://puu.sh/lkw6B/8178fa13ca.jpg nah, I's are shown by circle here,
- Add emphasis here (01:22:671) by placing a circle. (You did it here btw 03:13:440 (1) - )
- 01:29:363 (2) - Make this longer and start it at (01:29:363) http://puu.sh/lkwlW/1c3195be2e.jpg wot, i following "I" "want" "you" lyrics like other diffs but keeping it reasonably easy
- 01:44:363 (2) - ^ (Make it longer and start it at (01:44:132) http://puu.sh/lkwz4/89d4be4344.jpg
- 03:20:363 (2) - ^ start at (03:20:132)
- 01:36:979 (3) - One tick longer? http://puu.sh/lkwqU/55dff9b1fa.jpg I'd prefer keep like this to keep rhythms simple
- 03:27:748 (3) - ^
- 02:24:056 (3) - Change this to slider as you did it here (02:19:902 (3,1) - ) so it wouldn't a problem being there. Fits better with vocal. uhhh wuuuh the vocals are the strongest at 3 when she says "toniiight"
- 03:34:209 (1,2) - Change the second slider to longer, no-reverse head? http://puu.sh/lkxgj/06cfdba0ef.jpg no, and not going add note on red tick after , rhythms would be hard, also building up rhythms here
- 03:49:902 (2) - Strong beat at end of slider. Try shortening (half) that slider and put circle at the end. seems fine, the pattern would get ruined+claps are stronger and intuitive here
- 00:12:517 (4) - Change this to slider? The vocal is still going there. dense rhythms at first
- 00:25:902 (1) - I would like this to be Ctrl + G. Make make next object a touch further. uhhh nooo, the clap sound + shout needs to be emphasized
- 00:57:979 (2) - ^
- 01:44:594 (5) - ^ the spacing would be really big here
- 00:32:132 (2) - Not a big deal, but blanket just bothered me as every other blanket was nice.
- 00:46:902 (3) - Make emphasis on vocal when she is saying "Na-". You should put slider head here instead. http://puu.sh/lkxLU/ffe7c2828e.jpg (You also emphasized similar part at (02:17:594 (3) - )
- 02:19:209 (3,4) - Rhythm is slightly weird on this one. Try making that first slider with reverse head and put a circle after that. http://puu.sh/lkyhQ/4d9729e8ab.jpg I wanted some variation here, and its not weird , the clicking on slider start on 3 and 4 despite being on red ticks is quite easy due to slider leniency
- 02:35:132 (1,2,3) - Try: http://puu.sh/lkynw/b9b2ac6169.jpg / If you dod / Change this too: 02:42:517 (1,2) -
- 03:20:133 (4,5) - I like these switched in terms of timeline placement. Slider -> Circle. this follows instruments+vocals better
- 03:57:748 (1) - Extend and start that at 03:57:517? http://puu.sh/lkyTh/4da30d868d.jpg following the instruments as music slows down
- Put a filler slider at 03:13:209 ? http://puu.sh/lkyA3/1743d91922.jpg
- Feels empty here at 00:09:979. Maybe put a circle there and stack it on top of next slider's head (You even did it here too 00:17:363 (5,1) - ) already explained in other diffs
- Start this slider at 00:15:748 (1) - ... / AND / put a circle at (00:15:979) http://puu.sh/lkzoN/f0d621ea70.jpg
- 02:06:979 (3,4) - Change these two with one slider to be more consistent with previous two rhythms / If you changed / This too 02:14:363 (3,4) - there a reason i made it different because the rhythms became intuitive
- 02:57:748 (2,3) - This blanket slightly bothers me haha
- 03:28:671 (7,1) - Switch place? Slider -> Circle
- 03:48:517 (5) - Half stack this on 03:48:979 (1) - and put one more reverse?
This song is really nice . Great map Tari~
@Gear : All Fixed
@George : All fix except jumps on hard