@iedesu : Fixed all, cleaned up things. Thanks!
Side wrote:Hi for the M4M :vBest of luck!I'm guessing you're going for ranked so you can consider adding like a cool storyboard to it you know flashy stuffs to the 1/1 beat, pulsing, lights, etc. I think it would be a nice bonus and everyone loves a good storyboard
00:28:440 - I think you can add a note here to sort of immitate the "burst" you had at 00:24:748 (2) - which is also at the downbeat. Technically there's no beat or vocal playing on this tick specifically but that note adds a nice effect so I think having it there or here 00:32:132 - (as an example) would give it a bit of a consistent 2/1 or 4/1 rhythm pattern uh....damn I hope that makes sense xD Basically consider a note in those 2 spots to add a nice pattern. I'd prefer keep the symmetry
01:15:286 (3) - I think the slider head is meant to be a normal sample.
01:23:132 - Also think kiai would start on this green timing one :v
01:58:209 (1) - Would be nice if the spinner had a somewhat quick volume build up like that...thing :v
02:32:363 (3) - Add clap to head.
02:39:748 (3) - Add whistle like 02:32:363 (3) -
02:40:671 (1) - Clap to tail
03:02:825 (3) - NC here. in the previous two combos you had a 4/1 NC pattern and as a result forgetting it here threw the next few patterns out of whack lol. Like 03:06:517 (3) - would normally be NC and it would also be the upbeat which personally I don't think should share a pattern with 1 and 2 because they're the downbeat as in from a previous beat idk also hard to explain this. Music stuffs u know. idk, pattern wise seems fine T_T
03:13:440 (1) - Add clap or normal sample probably. Also since this part is pretty similar to 01:22:671 - I would probably consider adding a note like that there too (or removing it if spinner cooldown concerns you)
03:35:132 (2) - Remove whistle from tail to match 03:34:209 (1) - erm no, that follows dj sound of "I want you" that i used for the lyrics
03:42:979 (4) - Arguably you could still add clap here but its up to you. Depends on the effect you're trying to go for really.
03:44:363 (2) - Add whistle to the middle segment at 03:44:594 - like 03:45:286 (1) - and you do that on other similar sliders ofc.
03:50:825 - Increase volume to 80% to match the one at 03:28:671 - since you lowered it here at 03:50:363 - to do that little mute effect but the song goes back to the same volume so similarly so should your volume.
Note: I won't go into hitsounds on the other diffs as much because idk if you copied them over or not but I'd assume if they were not as consistent in this diff then you might wanna double-check the other diffs make sure all your stuffs and volumes are in the right spots :v
00:10:209 (1,2) - I'm not really seeing a pattern with the NCs in this intro. For instance in this quieter part it could easily be NCs ever 8/1 (every other downbeat) so if that's what you're going for I suggest switching the NCs around in those notes. If you did wanna have consistent NCs then you could also remove the NC at 00:12:979 (1) - as well. I won't touch on the NCs in case you did have a pattern in mind with these so I'd like to hear what you did if so erm i believe its fine, I'm ncing based on dowbeat and measures
00:12:979 (4) - Could probably have a whistle with soft addition to compliment that chamber-y instrument playing in the background like 00:13:671 (5) - does. Also you did it here 00:20:363 (1) - The instrument sound doesn't support
00:38:825 (1) - Blanket could be better :v
00:43:440 (1) - Missing whistle on tail. Ok for real now I won't go into hitsounds xD wuh, there no sound to support whistle
00:49:902 (4) - Missing whistle in the middle and clap in the tail....nvm I'll just point out hitsounds >_<
00:50:479 (1) - Maybe change to drum sample and add clap? Sounds kinda cool and I'm sure you can bring out that sound at the end of the spinner with some hitsounds :v
00:54:056 (2) - change to soft sample
00:55:440 (1,2) - From the looks of it the spacing is consistent in these parts by 1.1x so thats how it should be from 1 to 2 imo. Or at least so that it looks kinda even like this.
01:15:056 (3) - Missing clap in middle part.
01:23:132 - Suggestion: You can use the soft whistle to compliment the lead synth thing quite well for this section. Consider doing that since you're already mapping to the general beat with hitnormal and claps and whistles are pretty nice for these kinds of things.
01:45:286 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - Aww you could make a nice pentagon
01:51:748 (1,2) - Personally I dont like this. It's not really wrong but it just kills the 1/2 pattern. You could do like 1/2 mirrored sliders or something and keep the effect going. I wanted to show each of the beats tho? D: get more opinions here
01:58:209 (1) - Same comment about the increasing volume for a nice effect.
02:07:440 (1) - Curve the end node a little more to the right to do something like thisand keep the spacing kinda consistent I feel these are fine, imo look nice, and flow well
02:08:132 (2,3,4,1) - Maybe a bit picky but you could make clean triangles/diamonds with these without having to rework much :v ^
02:16:440 (4) - I think you could have a note here like you did at 02:16:440 (4) - which is kind of like the same section in the bar (in the 4/1 or big white tick u know). ? wrong timestamp
02:57:056 (5,1) - Move (5) to x:167 y:321 and (1) to x:232 y:259 so that you make a nice triangle thing with 5 and you keep consistent looking spacing with 1. Minor but looks nice :v
03:13:440 - Add note You have one at 01:22:671 (1) - Different rhythms there and here, so no
03:29:132 (2) - Move a bit to the left to be evenly spaced between 1 and 3.
03:57:748 (1) - Slider could look better.
00:17:363 (4) - Add whistle next note >.>
01:20:132 (7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - >_<!!!! HITSOUNDS!!! move all the whistles you have on the blue ticks to the white/red ticks
01:23:132 - Same comment as the hard regarding using whistles to compliment the synthy thing in this section. Also for the 2nd kiai ofc.
01:52:671 (1,2,3,4) - You can embrace your inner andrea and make this part kinda symmetrical looking like this :v errm not aiming for symmetry here :/
02:27:979 (2,3,4,1) - Maybe make this an evenly spaced thing?
03:10:902 (7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - >_> hitsounds. Same as the other thing.
03:13:440 (2) - Add hitnormal or clap and maybe space a bit to give it some intensity.
Overall diff is pretty straight forwards. I hope you can take a bit of time to really look over the hitsounds though there are a few I didn't mention or might have overlooked. Also I think this map would be so nice if it had somewhat cleaner patterns whether its things done via polygon or slider to stream or even eyeballing a good square/triforce pattern etc. A lot of straight-forward maps nowadays really pass for cool because of that so maybe also take a bit of time to adjust a few notes and fill it with consistently spaced patterns etc. Not that it's wrong this way but y'know, I'm sure you want it to stand out :3
BetaStar wrote:As requested-
- http://puu.sh/lkvFV/709439a896.png ?? seems fine on my aidmod
- 00:10:209 (3,1,2) - Rhythm is bit weird.. Try this: http://puu.sh/lkvQr/38a676b064.jpg / AND / NC @ 00:11:132 ermm i want to start off dense and build, since this part is soft
- Add circle at 00:17:363 ^
- 00:24:748 (2) - Remove. I don't really hear anything in the music for this note. really sound instrument sound here so no
- 00:43:902 (4) - Make this into slider instead. http://puu.sh/lkw6B/8178fa13ca.jpg nah, I's are shown by circle here,
- Add emphasis here (01:22:671) by placing a circle. (You did it here btw 03:13:440 (1) - )
- 01:29:363 (2) - Make this longer and start it at (01:29:363) http://puu.sh/lkwlW/1c3195be2e.jpg wot, i following "I" "want" "you" lyrics like other diffs but keeping it reasonably easy
- 01:44:363 (2) - ^ (Make it longer and start it at (01:44:132) http://puu.sh/lkwz4/89d4be4344.jpg
- 03:20:363 (2) - ^ start at (03:20:132)
- 01:36:979 (3) - One tick longer? http://puu.sh/lkwqU/55dff9b1fa.jpg I'd prefer keep like this to keep rhythms simple
- 03:27:748 (3) - ^
- 02:24:056 (3) - Change this to slider as you did it here (02:19:902 (3,1) - ) so it wouldn't a problem being there. Fits better with vocal. uhhh wuuuh the vocals are the strongest at 3 when she says "toniiight"
- 03:34:209 (1,2) - Change the second slider to longer, no-reverse head? http://puu.sh/lkxgj/06cfdba0ef.jpg no, and not going add note on red tick after , rhythms would be hard, also building up rhythms here
- 03:49:902 (2) - Strong beat at end of slider. Try shortening (half) that slider and put circle at the end. seems fine, the pattern would get ruined+claps are stronger and intuitive here
- 00:12:517 (4) - Change this to slider? The vocal is still going there. dense rhythms at first
- 00:25:902 (1) - I would like this to be Ctrl + G. Make make next object a touch further. uhhh nooo, the clap sound + shout needs to be emphasized
- 00:57:979 (2) - ^
- 01:44:594 (5) - ^ the spacing would be really big here
- 00:32:132 (2) - Not a big deal, but blanket just bothered me as every other blanket was nice.
- 00:46:902 (3) - Make emphasis on vocal when she is saying "Na-". You should put slider head here instead. http://puu.sh/lkxLU/ffe7c2828e.jpg (You also emphasized similar part at (02:17:594 (3) - )
- 02:19:209 (3,4) - Rhythm is slightly weird on this one. Try making that first slider with reverse head and put a circle after that. http://puu.sh/lkyhQ/4d9729e8ab.jpg I wanted some variation here, and its not weird , the clicking on slider start on 3 and 4 despite being on red ticks is quite easy due to slider leniency
- 02:35:132 (1,2,3) - Try: http://puu.sh/lkynw/b9b2ac6169.jpg / If you dod / Change this too: 02:42:517 (1,2) -
- 03:20:133 (4,5) - I like these switched in terms of timeline placement. Slider -> Circle. this follows instruments+vocals better
- 03:57:748 (1) - Extend and start that at 03:57:517? http://puu.sh/lkyTh/4da30d868d.jpg following the instruments as music slows down
- Put a filler slider at 03:13:209 ? http://puu.sh/lkyA3/1743d91922.jpg
- Feels empty here at 00:09:979. Maybe put a circle there and stack it on top of next slider's head (You even did it here too 00:17:363 (5,1) - ) already explained in other diffs
- Start this slider at 00:15:748 (1) - ... / AND / put a circle at (00:15:979) http://puu.sh/lkzoN/f0d621ea70.jpg
- 02:06:979 (3,4) - Change these two with one slider to be more consistent with previous two rhythms / If you changed / This too 02:14:363 (3,4) - there a reason i made it different because the rhythms became intuitive
- 02:57:748 (2,3) - This blanket slightly bothers me haha
- 03:28:671 (7,1) - Switch place? Slider -> Circle
- 03:48:517 (5) - Half stack this on 03:48:979 (1) - and put one more reverse?
This song is really nice . Great map Tari~
are u sure i didnt see any of my suggestions applied ;w;
Tari wrote:@Gear : All Fixed
yes i am sure, some stuff are repeated in previous mods already
Gear wrote:are u sure i didnt see any of my suggestions applied ;w;
Tari wrote:@Gear : All Fixed
Fixed everything except ones with replies.
Cerulean Veyron wrote:Hello! A mod as requested~[> General <]
- - The 3rd Combo in the Insane diff is out of context with the first two diffs. Checking the difference in the .osu file could show the issue overall. But I can leave it here:Normal & Hard
- - I'm a bit worried about the metadata. Should it really be "ft. Selena Gomez"? or "feat. Selena Gomez" (regarding the album cover that might actually have the official data)? I'm not telling to change it. I just need clarification so to not make me feel anxious... better to use feat due to the youtube channel + consistency with others
- - Err... While checking the timing setup, I don't see you having custom normal sampleset hitsounds. So, I guess N:C1 and C2 might need to change to to Default. Not neccessary, they're just the naming of the sounds, nothing else. Renaming it would make no difference.
[> Normal <]
- 00:08:363 (2,3) - I thought you were using 1.0x spacing, and suddenly 1.1x spacing between (2) and (3). Was this on purpose?
- 00:11:363 (2,3) - Might look like the same as above, but vise versa.
- 00:12:979 (4) - Add a whistle on head? It seems that you've already added on 00:20:363 (1) - which is similar to this part.
- 00:33:286 (3,4,1) - Sorry for being picky on spacings at this phase. But, is it intentional that you've made a sudden 0.9x spacing here? I'm just curious...
- 01:18:517 (3,4) - You could possibly move these two much above, and a little left, for a wide view in gameplay. Sth like this would explain better:
- 01:45:056 (3) - Whistle? You've added one on 01:30:286 (3) -.
- 03:37:440 (3,1) - I've asked the people in #modhelp that this overlap doesn't look great, as I didn't agree with their reasons. My opinion is that this Normal diff is the easiest one in the set. Somehow, it requires visibility for beginners to play this map. So why not?
- 03:38:825 (2,1) - Optional objective: This tiny overlap is barely noticeable in gameplay... or can be seen easily. I might prefer splitting it up. But if you'd like to keep it, it's up to you.
- - A neat diff, overall. Keep it up!
[> Hard <]
- 00:12:979 (1) - So... Why a drum finish here? There's no rides or strong hits at all. Could've replaced it to whistle instead.
- 00:24:748 (2,3) - Might look better if it's based to 1.0x spacing in-between these two sliders.
- 01:00:286 (3,4,1) - I prefer (4) and (1) having a jump instead of the current one. Simply just for the downbeat, which is probably the new track. For here, I find it better if I did this, the movement to 4 is a bit more natural.
- 01:32:132 (5,1) - Generally in Kiai times, you emphasize white ticks with increased spacing previously on the similar part of the song track. Like on 01:24:748 (5,1) - , so why not doing the same thing here? I think adding too many jumps would cause difficulty spike, so I want to leave this be
- 01:47:132 (1,2,3,4,5) - Optional objective: No wonder this complete formation while stacking might end up being weird. It'd look really strange during gameplay, if you'd like to try by testing this. You would want to move circle (1) more closer or a little bit to right and up.
- 02:33:286 (1,2,3) - Well, this might look fine. But from the previous rhythm 00:57:286 (1) - differs here. So why not the emphasis at least? It's like, you're mapping one for vocals, and one for the background music. I think its okay, I wanted to emphasize the downbeat here and last beat of 02:34:209 (4) - so rather keep, try something new
- 03:09:286 (5,6,7,8) - The rest were about 2x spacing away. But on circle (7), it's 1.8x. I suggest increasing it for a small consistency.
- 03:20:825 (6,1) - I can feel this one should deserve a jump for the strong downbeat landed here. It plays better at this way. I think it would create a difficulty spike, so I rather keep jumps low here
- 03:57:748 (1) - If you're actually following the fade out, then it's fine. But I mostly listen to the vocals since it's way more hearable. So you might want to start the slider on 03:57:517 - , if you mind. I think white tick sound is more prominent here, so I'd like to keep
[> Insane <]
- - I got some opinions from #modhelp that they testplayed a little bit of this. Probably AR8 was too slow for circle appearance in gameplay. I'm not the one suspects this, but I just wanted to share a few opinions from others. So, if you may mind increasing AR about +0.3 or +0.5? Not too high, because it is never enough on AR9. Just don't reach at that point.
- 00:54:056 (2) - Is this mistakenly adding drum clap? If so, just readjust Additions to Auto for the custom clap you have.
- 02:11:132 (1,2,3) - I don't think this part fits a triplet, since the song didn't even hit it once at this part of song track. So you may remove circle (2) for it's sake. , I think its fine, the triplet has nice emphasis on the next sound.
- 02:49:902 (1) - This is the only extended slider that it's tail snaps on 1/8. Since almost all of them are snapped to blue ticks as 1/4, I recommend changing this.
- 03:00:171 (5) - This circle (5) is kinda out of place for a cool triplet, that's potentially great for this place. How about moving it a little low and right? Or at least, base it on 0.7x spacing for a good balance.
- - Obviously an excellent diff! Didn't found anything major, but it's great anyway!
- 03:54:517 (T) - Kiai could end because the high song stop there then going down kiai already ends here o.o
- 00:15:748 (3) - this rhythm is similiar in 00:08:363 (2), I wonder why you didn't add whistle in begin, look like missing from you style
- 00:50:363 (3) - missing clap the sound beat and vocal there, like you did other parts
- 03:13:902 (1) - missing Finish in begin
- 00:20:363 (1) - this shouldn't remove NC, as you style you didn'tt put NC in 00:12:979 (4) -
- 00:30:979 (3,1) - my view this blanket is off, not same as before like 00:17:594 (4,1) -
- 00:55:440 (3) - this should be put NC because you style, this part you put NC ever 2/1 example this sound rhythm in 00:55:440 (3) - is same as 01:02:825 (1) - and that part you did NC but in 00:55:440 (3) - you didn't NC, I feel you style is inconsistency not all rhythms are same notes, some combo last longer than others, but for this i want to keep because create really short combo length
- 00:59:132 (3) - ^ same need NC
- 01:36:979 (3) - (nazi) need grid 1 left to align with 01:36:056 (1,2) -
- 01:48:979 (1,2) - could improve curve ? this slider don't look curve, look like parallel
- 02:21:286 (3,4) - inconsistency spacing -0.05
- 02:46:209 (3) - NC same explain before 00:55:440 (3) - i prefer keep cause of patterns
- 03:00:979 (1,2) - you sure wanna keep that because blanket is off
- 03:01:902 (2,3) - ^ same
- 03:02:825 (3) - missing NC same explain before would create really short, and pattern here is good for keeping nc
- 03:06:517 (3) - ^ same
- 03:21:286 (1,2,3) - the shapes is different why don't make sames places points? this could improve gameplay
- 03:23:132 (3) - ^ same
look nice but NC, you style is bit inconsistency
- 00:50:363 (5) - missing clap, same happen in normal
- 03:13:902 (1) - missing finish in begin
- 00:10:209 (1,2) - I don't know why 1.00x, could 1.2?
- 00:11:825 (3,4,1) - all thing this spacing isn't should 1.2x?
- 00:15:748 (3,4,5) - incosnsitency spacing
- 00:23:132 (3,4,5,6) - ^ same I don't feel song is down or high, just quiet and don' know why there rnadom spacing
- 00:25:209 (3,4) - why 1.00x ? could 1.10x
- 00:22:209 at 00:53:132 - just saying you spacinng are difficulty to understand because can see there lot random spacing, I mean you can make jump or anti-spacing but if you doing make Normal spacing you could pick only one 1.10 or 1.20, example 00:23:132 (3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4) - I don't feel there song high or down, 1.10x or 1.20x could fit there, the spacing could little need more work IMO, not only this part, there more parts need fix, there more 00:54:517 (3,4,5,6) - , 00:56:825 (4,1,2) - , 00:59:132 (1,2,3,4) - and many more.
- 02:12:056 (1) - remove NC here because there lot parts like this you didn't NC example in 02:04:671 (3) -
the play look nice but spacing could need more work that what I did explain this is not Insane
- 03:10:902 (7) - repeat sldiers missing add sampleset normal, the beat is there
- 03:13:902 (1) - missing finish in begin
- 00:16:671 (3) - could improve curve ?
- 00:17:594 (1) - ^ same
- 00:21:056 (2) - when SV change huge slow could NC here IMO
- 00:31:209 (6) - could move 2 right because this triangule 00:30:748 (4,5,6) - need better symentric, that (6) look near with (5) but too far (4)
- 00:45:517 (4,5,6) - need better symentric triangules
- 00:47:132 (4) - I wonder why you didn't CtRL+G because this make good flow with 00:47:594 (5) - and before note, this really fit with song, vocal start high here imo
- 00:58:440 (5,6,7,1) - could you make this better symentric like this http://puu.sh/lz4mj/3567a7dca7.jpg ? or use you own this could be nice symentric
- 01:04:671 (1,2,3) - keep 1.20x ? dunno why anti-spacing
- 01:41:594 (1,2) - look very near but in 01:42:056 (2,3,4) - too far, maybe this 01:41:594 (1,2,3,4) - make jump spacing ?
- 03:11:132 (x) - Where notes ? the beat is there
- 03:57:748 (3) - Missing NC you did NC in hard, just follow you style be consistency
The plays and mapset look nice but NC in normal you style are bit inconsistency hope you recheck and spacing in hard are random... I feel need fix more spacing, but is up to you
Any question or you don't understand my english ask me in-game will explain better
pm me when you done and I will see :
- 00:15:517 - You could add a circle here to be more consistent with 00:08:132 (1,2,3) -
- 00:25:671 (4,1) - Didn't particularly like this flowbreak because it doesn't really emphasize much in the music. no flow break, the downbeat here is strong, and so i changed the direction to show that.
- 00:40:556 (7) - Sounds overmapped to me. Actually, if you made 00:40:209 (5,6) - into jumps instead, it would compliment the bell sounds here pretty well. Not overmapped either, I'm using triplets to emphasize the strong downbeat after.
- 01:08:363 (1,2,3) - Make the spacing even here? Slightly uneven.
- 01:20:479 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Generally, starting a stream on a blue tick just won't play well xP. Polarity reasons, and also because it's just uncomfortable. Since 01:20:479 (1) - is NC'ed, people will automatically assume this begins on the white tick, and from my experience, telling 1/4's apart on any AR under 9.3 is really difficult. I would remove 2 of the 1/8 repeats and start the stream on the white tick instead since it would play a lot more naturally.
- 02:02:594 (3,4,5) - Ctrl+G'ing sounds better imo. Those sliders play really well on white ticks. uhm i prefer how it is currently, its really passive clicking due to slider leniency
- 02:11:248 (2) - I don't think this overmap is that necessary.
- 02:11:594 (4,3) - Fix this stack. xd
- 02:20:132 (6) - I actually really like your kicksliders haha. You could use more of them. They are a more fitting way to integrate 1/4's here imo, without feeling overmapped. erm i like variation , so some kick sliders + triplets is better
- 02:21:286 (3,1) - Stacks xdd. I think osu has something against slider-end to slider-end stacks xP.
- 02:59:825 (4,5,6) - b-b-but... 02:59:940 - 03:00:402 - There are very clear 1/4's here. but 03:00:171 (5) - I can't hear anything xP.nah, i wanted to introduce 1/4s here, and I'm consistent with them, there definintely weak 1/4 (some stronger) beats in this entire section.
- 03:04:325 (8) - Same. I would move this note on timeline to 03:04:094 - . Because thats where an audible 1/4 actually lands.
- 03:10:902 (7,1) - I think it's better to have even spacing here. I would remove one of the 1/8 repeats, and make the spacing here more even. But yes, starting the stream on a white tick is much more enjoyable!
- 03:22:902 (6,1) - i don't really like this anti-jump xdd. They're pretty lame during jump sequences because what ends up happening is the player breaks momentum because of the much lower spacing. i would Ctrl+G 03:22:671 (5,6) -
- 03:28:440 (6,1) - Make this more spaced! 288|188 could work, it makes a linear pattern with 03:27:748 (3,5) -
- 03:37:671 (7,1) - Same as earlier about the anti-jump. 03:37:902 (1,2) - Ctrl+G plays really well for me, and fits the music cuz of the pitch increase.
- 00:57:979 (2) - 1/2 slider + circle on 00:58:440 - seems better for me xP. Idk I don't really enjoy 1/2 repeats when the slider-end maps to something strong. You can stack the circle on 00:58:671 (3) -
- 01:13:902 (1,3) - Would look nice if you blanketted them.
- 02:06:517 (4) - NC this. Consistency with like 00:26:825 (3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3) -
- 03:34:671 (3,4) - Ctrl+G'ing this plays really nicely. Adds some extra spacing variance and emphasizes 03:34:671 (3) - . naaaah lets keep the diff same difficulty..
- 00:15:748 (3,4) - Idk if you care, but this is 1.10x spacing instead of your usual 1.00 (Applies here too: 03:27:748 (3,1) - )
- 01:31:440 (2,3,1) - Spacing is kinda off, can you make this more even? 01:24:056 (2,3,1) - Here too, though to a lesser extent.
- 02:30:979 (4,3) - Stack these properly, since it's important to this pattern heh.
Call me back!