forum

Taiko World Cup : Last Man Standing - Single Player Edition

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nwolf

Original Banner by Dolphin

Introduction
Hello, and welcome to the Single Player Edition of Taiko World Cup: Last Man Standing. This time, Dainesl(?) and I will be taking the role of running the tournament. With the TWCLMS2 being a nice success we hope to focus on the core aspect of LMS even more this time: You, being the very best.

For those of you who are just joining us, let us explain what TWC: LMS - Single Player Edition is. It is a spin-off of the traditional Taiko: Last Man Standing, with a twist! Rather than being two teams trying to eliminate the other team by scoring better, you are playing alone. And you aren’t going to face a single player only - you will face several of them! Each player selects a song and plays normally, but the player who scores the lowest is eliminated, think of it like dodgeball!

We’re very excited and optimistic to see the best of the best competing in a new tournament style that shall bring fun to all participants, staff and players! Every player, every country, you are all invited! So with that said, we welcome you warmly and with open arms to the Taiko World Cup: Last Man Standing - Single Player Edition

List of Registered Players

Suggest your maps here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schedule

Statistics and Stage overview

Basic Stage Overview
(incredibly badly done) overview (outdated, it will give you a basic idea though)

Stream channel is here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map Pools

Tournament Staff:

Management and Organization: Nwolf and Dainesl
Sub-Management (Helpers/Creators): Lno
Mappool Selection: Nwolf, Lno and tasuke912
Referees: Nardoxyribonucleic, Acrith and staff
Referee's Role
Creates the room with an appropriate Match title - TWC:LMS SE 2015: [Round] MatchNumber
Save the link to the multiplayer history.
Set the match to Team Vs mode.
Remain host during all maps and use the multiplayer chat to take each player's requests.
Post mp link in Statistics sheet or internal group
Streamers: Chromoxx and Decon082
Statistics: Compiled by the staff

Tournament Dates:

Registration Period: September 12th - October 3rd (23:59 UTC)
Tournament Start: October 10th
Tournament End: October 31st/November 1st

Prizes:

First Place: 6 Months of Supporter and Profile Badge
Second Place: 4 Months of Supporter
Third Place: 2 Months of Supporter
Currently, these are projected prizes. I cannot make promises on behalf of the tournament management, but I hope this is what will be given.

Rules

Please read the rules carefully and thoroughly!
1. General Rules
1.1: The Taiko World Cup - Last Man Standing - Single Player Edition (LMS) is a single player tournament, with the aspects of knock-out rules, and a double elimination bracket-like system.

1.2: The maps for each round will be announced by the mapset selector in advance on the Sunday before the actual matches take place.
  • 1.2.1: There will also be a Hidden, HardRock and DoubleTime bracket, as well as a Tiebreaker bracket.
1.3: Match schedule will be settled by the Tournament Management.

1.4: If no staff or referee is available, the match will be postponed.

1.5: Use of the Visual Settings options are allowed.

1.6: If the Tiebreaker ends in a draw, another Tiebreaker will take its place. It will be kept a secret until a draw occurs.

1.7: If a player disconnects, then they’re eliminated from the game.
  • 1.7.1: Unless the disconnected player has a screenshot with their final score, or the server saved their score before disconnection, so we can compare it to the others.
    1.7.2: The second exception is when the player is disconnected at the beginning of the game, before the first 50 notes appeared. In that case, there will be a rematch.

1.8: Maps cannot be reused in the same match unless the game was nullified.

1.9: You will have 10 minutes after the scheduled time to be able to play. If you are not available after 10 minutes have passed you lose your match.

1.10: Lag is not a valid reason to nullify a map.

1.11: Unexpected incidents are handled by the tournament management.

1.12: Any modification of these rules will be announced.

2. Tournament Registration
  • 2.1: For a player to sign up, you must PM one of the Tournament Management.

2.2: The maximum amount of players is 64.

2.3: The Tournament Team involved directly with the map pool may not participate as players in this tournament. This does not include referees, streamers and commentators.

2.4: To ensure valid registrations, any registrations and changes will be checked.

[list:1337]2.4.1: You must specify your time zone (UTC+/-) and your current rank so your registration counts as valid.

2.4.2: Please have "[TWC:LMS SE]" in your PM title (with brackets).
2.5: All successfully registered and confirmed players will be registered.

3. Stage Instructions
3.1: The tournament will have two brackets: A winner’s a loser’s bracket.There will be a total of 4 stages in the winner’s bracket, a total of 5 in the loser’s bracket.

3.2: Every stage is a knock-out stage, which means that the losing players will either be eliminated from the tournament or enter the loser’s bracket (from winner’s down).

3.3: Round 1 matches are seeded by rank.

3.4: Winning condition: In all rounds, you need to knockout all players. The weakest player of every played map gets knocked out from the match (or lose a life). Only the last player(s) left will win the match.
  • - From Round 1 to and including Round 2/LRound 3, everyone has two lives.
    - From (L)Semifinals onward all players have three lives.

4. Match Instructions
4.1: A referee (or tournament manager) will create a multiplayer room at least 10 minutes in advance. Players must gather during this period.
  • 4.1.1: The room will be locked. The multiplayer invite will be sent to all players as soon as possible.
    4.1.2: Room settings are taiko, Head to Head, Win Condition: 'Score'. Room name must be "TWC:LMS SE 2015: MatchNumber"
    4.1.3: The players must occupy slots 1, 2, 3 and 4
    4.1.4: The setup at the start of the match must remain consistent throughout.
4.2: There may be up to two warm-ups per match. The maximum length is 3 minutes.

4.3: Map selection will alternate between every player selecting a map out of the map pool. Each player must use "!roll" once in #multiplayer to determine which player selects second/third/fourth. Highest score will mean second pick. The lowest ranked player will receive the first pick.
  • 4.3.1: The player may select maps out of the NoMod bracket freely.
    4.3.2: Maps may be only picked once per match.
    4.3.3: Selection out of mod-specific brackets is limited. Each player may only select one map from each mod-restricted bracket during the match.
    4.3.4: When a player is down to 1 life, this player receives the next pick. This player will have to skip his next pick in the !roll cycle unless he was the next to pick anyway to avoid them picking a map twice in a row.
4.4: In case only two players with one life each remain, the tiebreaker must be played.
  • 4.4.1: In case two players advance to the next round, the tiebreaker will be played when three players with one life each remain.

4.5: Results will be published via the Statistics page.

5. Mappool Instructions
5.1: There will be 1 mappool for Round 1, 1 mappool for Round 2, 1 mappool for the Semi-finals and a mappool for the Finals.

5.2: Each mappool consists of 5 brackets: NoMod, Hidden, HardRock, DoubleTime and Tiebreakers.

5.3: Each mappool consists of 20 maps in total.

5.4: Each mappool has one tiebreaker.
[list:1337]5.4.1: The tiebreaker will have free mod activated
5.4.2: Tiebreakers can be played without having mods activated. Mod-usage is optional. Only Hidden OR HardRock may be used.
5.4.3: In the freak event of a tie on the tiebreaker, the next stage’s tiebreaker will be played. In Finals, an announced tiebreaker will be played instead.5.5: The NoMod bracket will be played with no mods activated.

5.6: The Hidden, HardRock and DoubleTime bracket will be played with the respective mods activated.

5.7: The size of the NoMod bracket will be 10.

5.8: The size of the mod-specific brackets will be 3.

5.9: The mappool will be released about 1 week in advance of the match.

6. Scheduling Instructions
6.1: Each stage will be held on a single weekend, unless in very special cases in which we can make exceptions.

6.2: Matches may overlap.

6.3: Scheduling will be handled by the Tournament Management. Schedules and map pools will be released on the Sunday before the first matches of the actual stage. The Tournament Management will try to create the schedule to respect the participant's time zone.

If there are any questions about the rules, please either post in this thread, or contact a Tournament Manager privately!

One More Thing!

We will make sure to be 100% clear with all of the players. We will communicate with you! We're your friends, so don't be scared of us. :)

And most importantly: Have fun!
Lost The Lights
I'm in.
Catgirl
I have interest if I'm good enough to make it in.
Alepat
Go! is my revenge (?)
Grimbow
I'm game :oops:
Shinsekai-
i'm in :D!
OzzyOzrock
please note that to join you need to PM tournament management lol
Raiden
Interesting. Let's see how this rolls :D
Surono
GLuck for who want join thiz (maybe waiting some monster user?), im not professional again on Single Player *have nub retry 696969x* lol
MYRKUL
Mircu is in
DarkStoorM
Oh yeeaaah, I'm in.

xD
Ikkun
Cool
Midnaait
3.3: Round 1 matches are seeded by rank.
RIP Me
Topic Starter
Nwolf
play for fun <3
Garpo
It would be a good laugh to join and get kicked out during round 1 by some random 2k
Niko-nyan
have funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Topic Starter
Nwolf
Registrations are still open for a few days, register now before it's too late (please)!

Taiko is only a click away!
DarkStoorM
How many entries do you have so far? spoil pls
[-Kiro-]
Suicide time!
the_robot

DarkStoorM wrote:

How many entries do you have so far? spoil pls
On that same note, when will the player list be updated?
Jaye
Get haiped(?)
Topic Starter
Nwolf
still need 24 people
DarkStoorM

Nwolf wrote:

still need 24 people
So you have 104 peeps
Eiuh

Nwolf wrote:

still need 24 people
really hope that doesn't mean less than 24 people have registered D:
Eiuh
Topic Starter
Nwolf
no you are not screwed

All registered players can now be found in the doc! You still have time to sign up, so do that before it's too late! And if you have friends that might want to join, encourage them to do so!
Akiyama Mizuki
what am i doing with this pro tournament
pretty sure I'll drop soon lol

OzzyOzrock wrote:

can i be against bbj

pls let me go
OzzyOzrock
can i be against bbj
Jerry
The list of participants scares me
show more