forum

[Archived] Cursor doesn't work properly anymore

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wii2ZeeBro
So I'm actually one of those player that play on the mouse pad on the laptop as the navigator.

Anyways, one time I was just playing osu! when the laptop's battery died (probably because I played for too long >_>), when I restarted my laptop and went on osu!, my cursor isn't able to move while tapping anymore. I read the FAQ and disabled the raw input, but of course, it did nothing. Any idea what happened?

Also my laptop instantly updated Windows the moment I turned the laptop back on... Not sure if that's the reason why for such issue...

osu! version: 20150901 (latest)
VeilStar
This is usually caused by a feature commonly referred to as palm rejection.
You should be able to turn it off in your trackpad driver/software.
Topic Starter
Wii2ZeeBro
Okay, cool, that worked! But now every time I hit a note, my cursor slows down for a second and then goes back to normal speed which really messes up my aim.

Let me just emphasize that this ONLY happens when I hit a note. When I randomly move and tap, the cursor is fine.
TheVileOne
Does it slow down when you drag? Something else may have enabled on your mouse pad that could have caused this perhaps.
Topic Starter
Wii2ZeeBro
Yes, that may be the problem. Unfortunately, I have no idea what it could be that causes my cursor to such action...

Edit #1: I'm actually gonna try reinstall windows first before [strike]crawling into a corner and cry
coming up with any other solution. I'll report the results once I done so.[/strike]

Forget about this, I got a tablet and its working perfectly fine now :P

But thanks for your help guys!