forum

[invalid] Window Capture OBS Beta/Cutting Edge does not work

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bowzaa
Problem Details: Window Capture does not work in OBS on osu! Beta & Cutting Edge

My assumption is it's something to do with OpenGL/DX

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150909.15cuttingedge
osu! version: 20150904.8beta
Trosk-
That's probably happening because of the new renderer. Anyways, why would you use Window capture while you can use Game capture? It works perfectly on Game capture.
Topic Starter
Bowzaa

Trosk- wrote:

That's probably happening because of the new renderer. Anyways, why would you use Window capture while you can use Game capture? It works perfectly on Game capture.
Game capture does not have a chroma key, and does not work for fullscreen (which I prefer to play in), I probably should've showcased that as well. osu! doesn't even show up in game/window capture if I play in fullscreen.

Since Game capture doesn't have a chroma key, I opted for Window Capture, which meant I had to do borderless window. I really like cutting edge because I can tell there is noticeably less delay for me, but if I want to record anything then I have to use stable, which I can see noticeably more delay in.

Edit: This was marked invalid rather quick. I feel it's a at least a low priority issue...
Trosk-

Bowzaa wrote:

Game capture does not have a chroma key, and does not work for fullscreen (which I prefer to play in), I probably should've showcased that as well. osu! doesn't even show up in game/window capture if I play in fullscreen.
Game Capture DOES work on fullscreen. It won't appear on the OBS window until you go into the osu! window, since OBS can't show any image of the osu! window if it's minimized on fullscreen mode.

Just in case:
Topic Starter
Bowzaa

Trosk- wrote:

Bowzaa wrote:

Game Capture DOES work on fullscreen. It won't appear on the OBS window until you go into the osu! window, since OBS can't show any image of the osu! window if it's minimized on fullscreen mode.

Just in case:

All right, so I was wrong there, thanks for showing me :)

But what about for chroma keying? That isn't available in game capture so I have to use window, but window doesn't work on cutting edge, which is my primary concern since cutting edge responds a lot nicer than stable, even when recording