13.43%
Vitamin A
0.00%
Tits or gtfo
25.37%
Total votes: 67
Topic Starter
mekadon_old
Discuss. I prefer contacts; glasses seem to be messier. Performing surgery is expensive. Vitamin A is for lame people orz. Besides, contacts have sharingan some cool lenses IMO...
damn if I had a computer right now I won't write this on my phone :(
adam2046
I'm a glasses person because I don't like putting things in my eyes. Also they make me look intelligent.
Although I only use my glasses for playing PS3 and looking at things that are quite far away.
The_Priest_In_Yellow
Glasses.

Surgery is too expensive and intrusive.

Contact lenses are too expensive (especially so given I need them custom ordered) and intrusive, while also needing routine maintenance and care, if you're not talking daily use lenses, which don't correct what I've got.

Vitamin A. LoooL.
0_o
I got glasses when I was 7, and wore them until my 15th birthday when I got contacts. I wore them fairly regularly until a month or so ago when I actually found a pair of glasses that I really liked, so now I mostly wear glasses.
Topic Starter
mekadon_old
Depends though. I wear glasses during pointless occasions. I wear contacts in front of my family to make them shut their piehole off but whatever. Yes, contacts do need tight cleanliness and proper maintainence as well as proper care on wearing it, but using it is an alternative for those people who look ugly wearing glasses. I actually agree contacts costs more than glasses, the good thing is you can customize the design you want. Life-wise and price-wise, glasses win, but contacts in mainly for people who want to have their "natural" look
The_Priest_In_Yellow
I think I'll go with actually seeing and not having to pay extra (on a regular basis nonetheless) for a rare type of aberration, before I go for how I actually look.
Cuddlebun

mekadon wrote:

Depends though. I wear glasses during pointless occasions. I wear contacts in front of my family to make them shut their piehole off but whatever.
it may just be the ESL but what does that even mean

anyway I wear glasses because I am paranoid about things near my eye. I cannot even put on eyeliner due to my intense fear of things approaching my unprotected eyeballs. Also my glasses have bitchin' frames which start conversations which I did not foresee when making my purchase but is an added bonus. They were originally Transition lenses but sadly the Transition has faded and they are now just permanently yellow lenses which also start conversations.

maybe someday if I have a lot of money I will consider surgery but probably not
Derekku
I'm slightly near-sided, so I really only need to wear glasses in class (like a huge lecture hall where the board/screen/etc. is a mile away).
Doomsday
I wear glasses pretty much all the time (even though in my photos here I'm not wearing them, which makes little sense). I'd consider contacts if they weren't so expensive.
DeathxShinigami

Doomsday wrote:

I wear glasses pretty much all the time (even though in my photos here I'm not wearing them, which makes little sense). I'd consider contacts if they weren't so expensive.
What he said. Every single bit of it is true to me.
Azure_Kite
I'm supposed to wear reading glasses. Medium long-sighted or something. But I usually don't unless my eyes feel sore.
Rena-chan
Glasses, glasses everywhere.
Pokebis
My eyes are better than average, so I don't really have much of an issue.
They have been straining recently with too much screentime, but I can solve it by closing my eyes for a minute and looking at objects far away. Occasionally I'll go outside and do something to rest my eyes since they're made to move around and adjust constantly.
Daru
My glasses tend to distort things, and they're the ones I usually wear.

When I do end up wearing contacts, though, everything looks bigger (because my glasses curve things slightly fisheye-style), and I'm always surprised by how big my computer monitor or TV looks. Of course, I'm more used to glasses, and I can adjust them if something is slightly out of focus. With contacts, I have to live with something being out of focus, and it's a real pain when I'm playing online and can't find out whether that little movement was a sniper or a background animation because it's slightly blurred.
RemmyX25
I've worn glasses since the 5th grade in grade school. I've tried wearing contacts for a while but they seemed more trouble than they are worth, in my opinion.

Besides, i look better with glasses on anyways.
rust45
Glasses, I have had them for a while and my vision is pretty much crap so I need to wear them all the time. I did get contacts but it really seemed too troublesome to use and I'm used to wearing my glasses.
Gabi
i like beautiful girls with glasses, because when they take them off they become even more beautiful
Zekira
Well I was on glasses for... 5 years?

Yeah, somewhere around that timeframe, and now I'm using contacts.

Must agree that they are expensive,
but today's contact lenses are really durable.
The challenge of using contact lenses is actually not the expense,
well, technically it will be the expense,
but it is indirectly affected by the fact that it's not that easy to take care of these.

Contact Lenses of today are plastic and are really small. They are VERY FRAGILE.
On the first year of using contact lenses I think I spent around one and a half eyeglasses worth of
contact lenses.
But now, this current pair I'm using has lasted for as much as 6 months now. Just takes a lot of time getting used to.
I would also like to note that it's incredibly difficult to put on contact lenses on your first months.
Yes, using contact lenses is very much serious business.

3 pairs of contact lenses here (6 lenses) usually cost around 700-1000 PHP, which is around 14-20 USD.
Bestelle

Gabi wrote:

i like beautiful girls with glasses, because when they take them off they become even more beautiful
I prefer it if the girl keeps said glasses on. <3

Anyway, I wear glasses. At least I used to, until they went missing and I haven't gotten a new pair since. Been dealing with my shit vision for a long while now.
Remco32
I wear my glasses in the weekends, and my contacts outside of the weekend + when I go outside.
This is my third year wearing contacts, and I still like them. It sorta feels like cheating God when you can see clearly out of the sudden without putting on a pair of glasses.

Zekira wrote:

Contact Lenses of today are plastic and are really small. They are VERY FRAGILE.
Mine are not. The are really flexible and don't feel like plastic.
Claudia_old
I wore glasses since I got them in maybe 4th-grade ish, but for my birthday this year I got contact lenses.

Terrifying at first to put them in, but I looked totally different [in a good way]. Not to mention the peripheral vision and I hadn't gotten a new glasses prescription in years.
Zekira
Actually I'm not sure what material they're made of.

They're flexible like you said, though, but I find that the easiest wreckage of these that I experience is that they get cracks and eventually break apart, just like brittle solids...
Claudia_old
Well, all contact lenses are different.

Mine are Acuvue Oaysis, they're really thick and stay hydrated. They don't scratch, rip, etc.
Although, I throw them away every 2 weeks.
Remco32

Zekira wrote:

Actually I'm not sure what material they're made of.

They're flexible like you said, though, but I find that the easiest wreckage of these that I experience is that they get cracks and eventually break apart, just like brittle solids...
Unless I would use a pair of scissors, I'm pretty sure mine won't break.
The_Priest_In_Yellow
There are both rigid and flexible lenses, or at least were. Most lenses today are made out of silicone hydrogel, to have them breathe and preserve moisture better. I bet you can guess why etc.

I would like to know what kind of prescription Zek has, ie. aberration and the type of lenses (day/week/month replacement) material etc.

Zekira wrote:

But now, this current pair I'm using has lasted for as much as 6 months now.
Because this sounds oh so wrong to me.
show more