Aqo

When is someone going to do something about this
Kitsune-kun
when gabe stops forcibly removing hands

i mean osumania 4k is only for emulating ddr right

7k is only an unfair disadvantage for 4k players anyway
Topic Starter
Aqo
there's actually a lot more 7K diffs than 4Ks overall but most of them are lowdiffs and buweh who even plays those anyways. I saw 4K players complaining there's no real hard 4Ks and that's a thing too but idk we need more 7k
Hestia-
This is misleading. Your picture for ranked maps over 5 stars shows maps that are for standard.

There are 8 ranked maps for 4k over 5 stars.
There are 0 ranked maps for 5k over 5 stars.
There are 0 ranked maps for 6k over 5 stars.
There are 37 ranked maps for 7k over 5 stars.
There are 3 ranked maps for 8k over 5 stars.
There are 0 ranked maps for 9k over 5 stars.

If anything 7k is overmapped; we need hard maps for everything other than 7k.
ovnz
why are you talking about overmapping ? this doesn't even exist and it isn't the object of this thread. and there are no autoconverts over 5 stars (well maybe one or two, I can't check that right now but still a very low number).
There are a lot of hard 7k charts going for rank but due to the ranking system being bullshit, ranking these is really hard (trust me...). And there is an even bigger number of hard 7k charts not even going for rank for the same reason.
>kek
Hestia-
By overmapped I meant the relative amount of 7k hard charts to other keys not the charts themselves. I want more hard 7k maps too but the amount of them is disproportionate to other keymodes, which I thought was the point of the thread. How could the first picture show almost 200 results when there are only 48 maps over 5 star? It must be counting other modes too. I agree that the ranking process could be improved but this isn't evidence or even a suggestion of what to change.

As for autoconverts over 5 stars I can only think of like Identity Part 4, and Pipe Dream and Comic Sonic on 8k. But I think the picture counts non-mania maps so autoconverts wouldn't matter and there are not over 100 of them.
Tidek
What

There is "39" in 2nd picture. I have all ranked maps : /

Frustrating is that you have to only play 7k if you want to be high in ranking. Honestly, we need more very hard 4/5/6/8(7+1) instead of 7k because it has already a lot compared to other keymodes lol.
Topic Starter
Aqo
shhh you're ruining it ;w;
Evening
conspiracy
Todestrieb

Tidek wrote:

Honestly, we need more very hard 4/5/6/8(7+1) 9k instead of 7k because it has already a lot compared to other keymodes lol.
9k deserves more love. :(
Kamikaze
^ so does 8k
Full Tablet
Bobbias

Full Tablet wrote:

Ranked autoconverts over 5 stars

There are more 8K, 6K and 9K autoconverts over 5 stars than osu!mania ones.
Nobody cares about autoconverts, but that does illustrate the lack of maps in those key modes.

There are two main problems here:
1: The ranking system is retarded and makes ranking hard maps extremely difficult.
2: Very few people are actively supporting key modes other than 4k and 7k.

I don't believe that either of those modes are 'overmapped' by comparison to the other key modes, but rather that there simply aren't enough people supporting the other key modes. We need more ranked maps with hard difficulties period, and it doesn't matter which key mode they're in.

I remember warning people that with the ranking criteria only requiring 2 diffs and restricting one of them to being an easy diff, that we were going to end up with a large number of easy maps that are only playable for newcomers. And look what's happening with 7k right now.
Kitsune-kun

Aqo wrote:

there's actually a lot more 7K diffs than 4Ks overall but most of them are lowdiffs and buweh who even plays those anyways. I saw 4K players complaining there's no real hard 4Ks and that's a thing too but idk we need more 7k
memeing not actually serious
abraker
It has already been established that mania is having a map deficit in certain aspects. Can the people complaining just start mapping and move on?
Tidek

abraker wrote:

It has already been established that mania is having a map deficit in certain aspects. Can the people complaining just start mapping and move on?
The problem is that people got butt hurt because they CANT make a hard map without overmapping, poor mappers : /

Shots fired, have fun.
Shoegazer
I don't think you really need to dump to make hard charts anyway. There's more than enough songs that could make hard charts.

(sun)

It's moreso the fact that people who can make hard charts just don't want to make easier charts, which explains the lack of charts in the upper end.
Halogen-

Tidek wrote:

abraker wrote:

The problem is that people got butt hurt because they CANT make a hard map without overmapping, poor mappers : /

Shots fired, have fun.
"overmapping"
lenpai

Shoegazer wrote:

It's moreso the fact that people who can make hard charts just don't want to make easier charts, which explains the lack of charts in the upper end.
Also some people only want to make a single interpretation (or difficulty) of a song.
ovnz

abraker wrote:

lol do you really fucking think that the lack of mapping is the issue here? yeah ranking a chart is so easy i swear
Tidek

Ovnize wrote:

abraker wrote:

lol do you really fucking think that the lack of mapping is the issue here? yeah ranking a chart is so easy i swear
Just checked your profile, you never tried to rank any map except one where you just gave up for no reason and you modded ONE osu!mania map, really, we have a big guy here who know everything about ranking maps.

Of course, ranking charts isnt easy, but the problem is that like Eze said, a lot of ppl are too lazy to make easier difficulties and they are lazy to go throught the ranking process (because they think that their maps will be ranked suddenly after 2 days).

Definitely ranking harder things these times isnt that hard like it was 1-2 years ago, definitely BNs are a lot more open for harder things, just look on empress, maniera, achromat and many many more.

So stop complain and move your f**king ass and map.
Halogen-
honestly, easier difficulties are hardly the issue for some people - I don't think I'm speaking alone here, but the process of hitsounding is really goddamn annoying; I personally don't see why it's a requirement, but I don't question it because that's one of the differences from other games I've played and this one. In my opinion, if you want to optionally go ahead and add a different level of interaction by creating pseudo-keysounded/actually keysounded sections, that's really neat. More power to you for wanting to do that.

I could safely say that if it wasn't for the fact that I had to do hitsounding for every difficulty, I'd probably be a lot more active in ranking maps; I'd also be willing to say that other mappers would probably be less adverse to trying for rank as well.

Note that I'm not complaining about the process, as it is an opinion, but... at least see it from the perspective of someone that opposes yours.
Tidek

Halogen- wrote:

I could safely say that if it wasn't for the fact that I had to do hitsounding for every difficulty, I'd probably be a lot more active in ranking maps; I'd also be willing to say that other mappers would probably be less adverse to trying for rank as well.
Just saying that there is a tool which can help with basic hitsounding (just to make it rankable) that you dont have to hit sound every difficulty manualy, but only one of them. Check [AyanoTatemaya] userpage.
Halogen-
The fact that there needs to be a "tool" for mitigating this task, and that it even has the potential for being automated goes to show that the process of hitsounding is rudimentary, monotonous, and in most cases, just flat out boring. Such a tool existing doesn't eliminate the issue, it just gives an opportunity to circumvent it.
show more