forum

Automatic message with tips for newcomers

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +113
Topic Starter
Natteke desu
Hello fellas!
Since osu! popularity has grown and many people meet this game every day for first time, i think it would be logical to add an automatic message with links to FAQ and rules that will appear whenever user joins to the channel (from bancho to user obviously), also it would be cool if this message will appear every... four hours for example (as notification for the channel)
(yea-yea we still have gms but they are humans and can't watch the chat all day long)
Kobold84
Love this idea.
Seikatu
Nice idea.
Bara-
Yes
Hi Elvis!
*cough cough* Champion Steven (Daigo) *cough cough*
abraker
How about including a thing on the main menu that slides from the side (like options) that has that info instead of spamming the chat?

Rilene
Omg yes
- Marco -
Sounds great!
Surono
dem Nice!!!1
Vesrand
This messages will probably be ignored. I dont remember me reading any channel except PMs and multiplayer room channels since i started to play osu.
Rilene

Vesrand wrote:

This messages will probably be ignored. I dont remember me reading any channel except PMs and multiplayer room channels since i started to play osu.
But there are some percentages of newcomers will notice it, if there are special and obvious notification just for this one.
Brandiz
I remember how confused I was when I first started up osu! so from a beginners perspective I would really appreciate this.
NeVMiku
Or integrate osu! tutorial song into osu! and accessing it using a button?
Rilene

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

Or integrate osu! tutorial song into osu! and accessing it using a button?
Also be sure to include other modes.
Topic Starter
Natteke desu
bump because yes plz
Yauxo

abraker wrote:

How about including a thing on the main menu that slides from the side (like options) that has that info instead of spamming the chat?

I could imagine this being a thing
Sunkiss
yeah this is nice...
Pawsu
Sounds really logical, I like it.
Frozen_Rhythm
Would attract more new players in a simple way as these. Nice idea.
Adder
They should be able to learn to play by themself, this game is extremely easy, not like it has some really hard to understand mechanics, this game requires little to no intelligence, even a fly is better than you in reaction speed.
7ambda

Adder wrote:

They should be able to learn to play by themself, this game is extremely easy, not like it has some really hard to understand mechanics, this game requires little to no intelligence, even a fly is better than you in reaction speed.
If this is a meme, it's not funny.

osu! isn't easy to get into. Its concept is harder to understand than other game genres, and it's pretty unmotivating if you aren't willing to put in the dedication to get better.
Frozen_Rhythm

F1r3tar wrote:

Adder wrote:

If this is a meme, it's not funny.

osu! isn't easy to get into. Its concept is harder to understand than other game genres.
I agree with that F1r3tar.
abraker

F1r3tar wrote:

osu! isn't easy to get into. Its concept is harder to understand than other game genres.
Partially agree. The game itself is easy to understand, so it's not the game genre. I was clicking circles and gaining pp on day 1, having the basic concept of score, mods, and star rating. However the following are harder to understand and most involve online content: pp, skill approach, game settings, skinning, mapping, and online community. It took me around 6 months - a year to understand them and still don't understand some to 100%.
Luqanted

Kobold84 wrote:

Love this idea.
Topic Starter
Natteke desu
bump in case i still belive thats some nice feature to add
Slow-ru
Please, yes.
And for the greatest good, I'd love to see that system in our forums, cuz newcomers love to create new topics, and they're ignore "FAQ".
Mantis

Slow-ru wrote:

Please, yes.
And for the greatest good, I'd love to see that system in our forums, cuz newcomers love to create new topics, and they're ignore "FAQ".
This!