Gamemode: osu!DIVA

posted
Total Posts
show more
- Marco -
Topic Starter
IamBaum

- Marco - wrote:

I think i broke osu! diva ;__; https://www.dropbox.com/s/5tmj7mxeunxug ... 0.osz?dl=0
Whoa that diff is intense... but your diff will also need the fixx of my program, i have no time atm, but i will try to to it this evening/night. Sry for that.

Btw i guess i forgot to mention that in the Mapping tutorial, i would recommend widescreen support in the Options, otherwise something from the borders won't be shown.
I still add it to the front page, i can reupload them after i fixxed my program, thx for your map. :)
- Marco -

IamBaum wrote:

- Marco - wrote:

I think i broke osu! diva ;__; https://www.dropbox.com/s/5tmj7mxeunxug ... 0.osz?dl=0
Whoa that diff is intense... but your diff will also need the fixx of my program, i have no time atm, but i will try to to it this evening/night. Sry for that.

Btw i guess i forgot to mention that in the Mapping tutorial, i would recommend widescreen support in the Options, otherwise something from the borders won't be shown.
I still add it to the front page, i can reupload them after i fixxed my program, thx for your map. :)
Ok then, i will wait for your program update \:D/
Mercurial
You're doing god's job.

Nicely done. Really hope it gets bigger and eventually gets native osu! support.
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Alright the Program has been Updated you will find the recent Update in the Changelog.

The Storyboard is now able to keep up with very fast BPM's:
Hatsune Miku - Gekishou should work perfectly fine now.
Hypernite Industries - Speedcore 300: There has been a major imrpovement here, but it only works for 99%, there are still about 3 notes during the song, where the Timing windows overlap and you see a false "Good". I guess Arrow Streams in 300 BPM can still somehow trigger this under rare circumstances.
I'll try to improve it further in the future, plz try to bear with this for now, sry.

Well but the creators still need to reupload them, cause they might want to recreate the storyboard more than once, to get a "better possible result".
- Marco -
Yavi_old_1
Great work IamBaum
I'll try to upload at least one/two of the upcoming maps with the new converter :)
If i found some problems, you will hear from me ^^'
Pereira006
Look really cool I just make my self

EDIThttp://puu.sh/k7y2O/d97927fd57.osz http://puu.sh/k7EUM/02b393b692.osz <- not sure is hard or Insane lol

I hope future, this diva should add feature "Grid Placements" because I wanna put my own placements, that thing exe look like make random then when I test play this mode, there some bad overlap, placements and hard read example this http://puu.sh/k7y8y/2347ab2e9c.jpg. so i hope you add this thing because I wanna make my own placements.

I really like this mode, I wish good luck and you really did good job
p.s: make hold "slider" is hard lol...
Topic Starter
IamBaum
@Marco - Added it to the main thrad.

@Yavi i'm looking forward to it :)

@Pereira i found another problem with my program, if there are several time points in a single kiai time, then the kiai notification will be reloaded for each time point, i will fixx it now.
Edit:
I added your diff also to the main thread, even though i still need to fixx the problem.
Erishtar
wp <3 love it
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Added a new Version of the program, to fixx the Kiai Time issue.
See the Changelog for full Details.
Cocoa Hoto
Do you guys know anyone that can singletap 200bpm deathstreams? I don't.
Well done, even though some gameplay mechanisms aren't there (but it's due to limitations on osu!mania already) like using both symbol keys and arrows to stream, the time bar which should be a progression bar and so on. The HUD also takes a lot of space on the screen.

Even though it's impossible to play properly, it's still addictive as fuck.
Topic Starter
IamBaum

_Fami wrote:

Do you guys know anyone that can singletap 200bpm deathstreams? I don't.
Well done, even though some gameplay mechanisms aren't there (but it's due to limitations on osu!mania already) like using both symbol keys and arrows to stream, the time bar which should be a progression bar and so on. The HUD also takes a lot of space on the screen.

Even though it's impossible to play properly, it's still addictive as fuck.
Yep it would be great to be able to implement those mechanisms, but well... maybe it will be possible one day.
I could neither create a progression bar, cause the Editor can't handle variables during gameplay, but well i'm still happy about the actual mechanisms that were possible to implement :)

Edit:
Added a new Map:
Junichi Masuda - Anistar City
Hard
Hono

Edit2:
Added another Map:
Iguchi Yuka - Platinum Disco
Easy
IamBaum
LTN_Akagi
i always wanted to play this good job so far on making this now i have a use of my controller for once other then sitting in one place collecting dust
keep up the good work
MapleSyrup-
Encountered errors when I used Storyboard Creator v 1.2 and 1.1 so i used v1.0.Beatmap cannot load properly
EDIT: I gave you the map with wrong metadata xD, here is correct https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3z17bhn1b9x5 ... ..osz?dl=0

Also found a problem with ARROW LNs https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3669400
Topic Starter
IamBaum

-BlueFire- wrote:

Encountered errors when I used Storyboard Creator v 1.2 and 1.1 so i used v1.0.Beatmap cannot load properly
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s3z17bhn1b9x5 ... ..osz?dl=0
I will try to recreate the problem later, but i will put it to the download list until then.
This diff seems more like Insane - Extreme, i'll try to get some kind of starrating in the future so that the diff spread will be a little more stable.
Thanks for the Map.
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Alright i reuploaded it with the new Meta data.

The reason that the Arrow LN's(Holds) don't work, is that they aren't supposed to exist. You can find that in the Mapping Tutorial in the first "Additional Information" Section, they are also the reason that the Versions 1.2 and 1.1 didn't work. The new .osu gets hitsounded by the program to create the storyboard hitsound triggers, but the program no longer detects these LN's so their hitsound part gets left empty and this caused the error.

Remove the Arrow LN's and they will work, i just tested it myself : )

Btw Adding mechanics like those Arrow Holds etc. are all discussable, it's fine if we get a little further away from the original game, this can't become a 1:1 clone anyway. So Feel free to make such proposals if there is anything that you think that could improve the mode any further.
Full Tablet
I think mapping Circle to the leftmost column in mania would have been a better idea, that way you can use 2 keys for circle (by binding the alternate key in 8K mappings).

That way you could play high bpm 16th notes more similarly to the original game (by alternating 2 keys, 1 key per hand) with circles notes (circles are the most common key for streams).
Topic Starter
IamBaum

Full Tablet wrote:

I think mapping Circle to the leftmost column in mania would have been a better idea, that way you can use 2 keys for circle (by binding the alternate key in 8K mappings).

That way you could play high bpm 16th notes more similarly to the original game (by alternating 2 keys, 1 key per hand) with circles notes (circles are the most common key for streams).
Hmmm i like the idea itself, but i guess it would be problematic for Joypad users (if we also focus the mapping on this aspect). As u know it's usually meant to alternate with the directional key that matches the symbol. Therefore it would be Right + Circle in the original Game, but you can't set the right Direction as additional (alternative key) as well. Therefore you would need to set it like "L1/L2 + Circle" or "LB + B (The LT trigger can't be binded atm), that would feel messed up.

The Original Project Diva games had been played with joypads, but i fear that joypad users would get a significant disadvantage over Keyboard users (Cause alternating there wouldn't be a problem). I wouldn't like to disencourage ppl from playing it with joypads.
Let's ignore the fact, that keyboard users already have a high advantage for multiple symbol streams.

I'd love to use this idea for a 9K setup, so that i could implement something like the stars, which you can use for your fast streams, they could be alternated between 2 keys (L1/R1 or LB/RB) for controller, then it would be possible to use it for joypads and keyboards alike. But regretfully we can't set an alternative key to 9K setups.
MapleSyrup-

IamBaum wrote:

Alright i reuploaded it with the new Meta data.

The reason that the Arrow LN's(Holds) don't work, is that they aren't supposed to exist. You can find that in the Mapping Tutorial in the first "Additional Information" Section, they are also the reason that the Versions 1.2 and 1.1 didn't work. The new .osu gets hitsounded by the program to create the storyboard hitsound triggers, but the program no longer detects these LN's so their hitsound part gets left empty and this caused the error.

Remove the Arrow LN's and they will work, i just tested it myself : )

Btw Adding mechanics like those Arrow Holds etc. are all discussable, it's fine if we get a little further away from the original game, this can't become a 1:1 clone anyway. So Feel free to make such proposals if there is anything that you think that could improve the mode any further.
Ah, I see. I didnt see the additional information in the mapping tutorial lol. Also I think it would be more fun if there are arrow holds especially if it is during kiai time or during an exicting part of the song.
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along
Harbyter
really good!

i'll try to map some song if i have time :) :) :)
CharlisMadCut
wow, that's really nice Baum ! :)
Cocoa Hoto

someone should map this with the background video
:^)
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Hmm i will think about those additional mechanics regarding Arrows.

Rori Vidi Veni wrote:

Also I had an idea for alternate noteskin: PS symbols and arrows replaced with card symbols. Square→Heart, Triangle→Diamond, Circle→Club and X→Spade. Single notes are black with coloured rim and double notes are all coloured(maybe with a D in them for double, but I think would look better without it).
You are free to create your own skins for this mode, all osu!DIVA Elements are inside the SB Folder in the skin. Just replace them for those Cards, i can also upload those skin variations to the main thread afterwards.
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Update:
The following Map has been updated:
Tsubaki - Kyun Kyun Tamaran Inaba-tan
Insane
-BlueFire-

A new Map has been added:
SPYAIR - Samurai Heart
Hard
Iambaum
Bunnrei
Really cool project! :)

I already made two maps, will send when I upload.
MapleSyrup-
Topic Starter
IamBaum

-BlueFire- wrote:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uened1lcm68723p/NicolArmarfi%20-%20Wiosna.osz?dl=0
A map i made in a few seconds xD
Ahh i played it and i see why that song can be made real quick but... you should say something like: "puuh i worked for hours on this, finally it's finished after all this work..." that sounds better even if it was a lie xD
I really like that song, it kinda makes me feel nostalgic. Thanks for all your work on those maps : )

Ster wrote:

Really cool project! :)

I already made two maps, will send when I upload.
I just tested them, well they are way too hard to play for me, but they had been fun to watch with Autoplay, thank you :D

Added 3 Maps:

NicolArmarfi - Wiosna
Hard
-BlueFire-

Tatsh - Reunion
Extreme
Ster

07th Expansion - rog unlimitation
Extreme
Ster
MapleSyrup-

IamBaum wrote:

Ahh i played it and i see why that song can be made real quick but... you should say something like: "puuh i worked for hours on this, finally it's finished after all this work..." that sounds better even if it was a lie xD
I really like that song, it kinda makes me feel nostalgic. Thanks for all your work on those maps : )
No problem ;) I really like making these maps( even though im too noob to play them) ;w;
Also if I said it took me hours to make that map, it would be very embarrassing lol
Spy
Awesome work.
Tsuya04
Just wow Baumi, just wow! :3
OzzyOzrock
One of the best things someone's made for osu! haha.
Bramble
I sincerely hope that this gets further developed to be playable more like the real DIVA games, and that peppy will consider making it a real gameplay mode ^^ I'm pretty good at Project DIVA myself, I have perfects on all of the extreme diffs in F and F2nd (including DLC songs) c: Regardless though this thing sounds amazing, I can't wait to try it out!
Hybrid Frost
WOHOOOO!!! NEW GAME MODE :) This game is getting better and better and its getting FUN!!! I really wish I knew this game when i was highschool but anyway its not too late but NICE GAME MODE!!! CONTINUE THE WORK :)
richardfeder
Great! Any plans to make it a real Gamemode?
Harbyter
here my first o!d song lol

dunno what diff is, i think is a hard maybe

t/367138
Topic Starter
IamBaum
Thanks everyone :)

richardfeder wrote:

Great! Any plans to make it a real Gamemode?
There hasn't been any talk regarding that yet : )

Harbyter wrote:

here my first o!d song lol

dunno what diff is, i think is a hard maybe

t/367138
I'm neither sure if it's Hard or Insane, so i guess it's fine to call it either for the moment.
Thanks for your map, i added it to the Thread.
-taufikkun-
Can i play this with my PS2 Controller ??
Topic Starter
IamBaum

-taufikkun- wrote:

Can i play this with my PS2 Controller ??
Yep that is possible, if you can plug your ps2 Controller into your computer :)
Just activate the Joypad support in the Options.
show more