forum

[duplicate] Comment section on profiles.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Dromadan
What title says.
Fenneca
Why not just message them? This seems like it would like just sit there and gather dust for most players, and anything you could say about the 1% of players that would get any comments has likely already been said on the forums or on the comment section of the maps they've played/made.
Bara-
Why?
Rilene

Baraatje123 wrote:

Why?
Probably some real userpages like in Steam or Enjin.
Piine
Sounds horrible seeing people would end up leaving crappy messages on your profile to clutter and troll. (and if mods were handle the power to delete them, it would double moderation and if given to the players to handle, the same thing would be effect.)
7ambda

Baraatje123 wrote:

Why?
Why not?
abraker
As close as it comes right now is this. Definitely not an ideal choice, I know.

However if this is implemented, there should by an option whether commenting is enabled or not. If a player is already getting shitposts or cyberbullied in the inbox, then this would just escalate it.

Fenneca wrote:

Why not just message them?
Honestly what is wrong with this option? I see this request as invalid until I get a good argument against this.
Granger
PMs are... well, private. Profile comments are a good place to chat at if you're open to (or want) others to join in without invitation. Mostly for stuff that does not warrant a own thread and is way too chatty for the Neither interresting nor funny thread in OT. (Plus, for some reason most people seem to think that OT is for shitting in... which it is not... so if you want less shitposting, theres a possibility.)
Stefan
p/1715106 I don't think that will happen. Marked as duplicate.
Topic Starter
Dromadan

Fenneca wrote:

Why not just message them? This seems like it would like just sit there and gather dust for most players, and anything you could say about the 1% of players that would get any comments has likely already been said on the forums or on the comment section of the maps they've played/made.
Because comment boxes on profiles are a common thing on almost every social network. Steam uses it, as well as Origin.
They can be fun as well as annoying for some, so i think an option to disable the comment box would also be great or just for Mutual Friends.
Stefan
I guess we can go with the argument that osu! isn't a social network but an online game. While Steam or Origin are social networks, more or less.
Luvdic

Stefan wrote:

I guess we can go with the argument that osu! isn't a social network but an online game. While Steam or Origin are social networks, more or less.
But online games exists solely to socialize.

Else, why the need to make online games? Just stick with offline games then.

Edit: Kinda offtopic: Although this could be implemented with even more socializing addons, such as the possibility of "following" your favourite mappers and players (come on, let´s get over with the idea of having to add these people as friends just for the sake of stalking them), the very much needed osu! clans, etc etc etc. I guess that what I mean is that osu! could use well with a big bundle of new social interactions to help players be closer than ever!
Topic Starter
Dromadan

Stefan wrote:

Xanandra wrote:

But online games exists solely to socialize.

Basically this, online games make you interact directly with other people want it or not, so it makes you socialize.
Also this might be marked as duplicate but it isn't completed. We're still discussing about whether this request should go in or not, right?
Rilene
If integrating osu! with enjin would be nice, as if it had comments, wall posts and user banner (but not userpage like on osu!) as if enjin was specially made for gaming.

This is a example of how enjin profile looks like, just suggesting an alternative.
Topic Starter
Dromadan

Sirade wrote:

If integrating osu! with enjin would be nice, as if it had comments, wall posts and user banner (but not userpage like on osu!) as if enjin was specially made for gaming.

This is a example of how enjin profile looks like, just suggesting an alternative.

Doesn't look bad at all, i like it.
Bara-
Why not post this in the thread Stefan linked, instead of this marked request?
Stefan
Following by Baraatje's post above you should do that as long it's not marked as invalid.