forum

[resolved] Problem Connecting to bancho

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
beaudilla
I have been having a problem where if i try to connect to multiplayer it says "Multiplayer will not work unless connected to bancho" this problem happened about a day ago when i logged on and tried to play multiplayer. i can still play solo but where it shows my account info my account picture wont show. also if i click view my account through osu it says user not found. If anyone can help it will me very much appreciated :)

Accont picture missing
https://gyazo.com/fb1dcf3e1ad1b07485da4ad3736290e0

User not found
https://gyazo.com/ee76329a1227663b8ad6d176b4252457
Trosk-
That happens because you are not actually connected to Bancho.

Log out, enter the username and password again and see if you are able to connect to the server.

If you can't make sure that your firewall or antivirus are not blocking osu! from connecting to Bancho. Disable them and try to log in again.

If after that you are not being able to connect, maybe you are experiencing a routing issue. Open the cmd (Win+R -> type "cmd"), type "tracert cho.ppy.sh", press enter and let it end the trace route. If on the results you have a really high ping or any timeout, then that's the cause of the problem. And if in the end this is the cause of the problem, there isn't anything we can do about it, since it's a problem from your ISP, and it will most likely be fixed by itself.
Topic Starter
beaudilla

Trosk- wrote:

That happens because you are not actually connected to Bancho.

Log out, enter the username and password again and see if you are able to connect to the server.

If you can't make sure that your firewall or antivirus are not blocking osu! from connecting to Bancho. Disable them and try to log in again.

If after that you are not being able to connect, maybe you are experiencing a routing issue. Open the cmd (Win+R -> type "cmd"), type "tracert cho.ppy.sh", press enter and let it end the trace route. If on the results you have a really high ping or any timeout, then that's the cause of the problem. And if in the end this is the cause of the problem, there isn't anything we can do about it, since it's a problem from your ISP, and it will most likely be fixed by itself.

would a really high ping be considered 90-100ms?
Trosk-

beaudilla wrote:

That's actually normal.

So, you are not getting any timeout? Did you try to disable the firewall and antivirus already?
Topic Starter
beaudilla

Trosk- wrote:

beaudilla wrote:

That's actually normal.

So, you are not getting any timeout? Did you try to disable the firewall and antivirus already?
well i disabled firewall and it does this for about 2 minutes then signs me in as a guest
https://gyazo.com/4ba3b122466a8a2381ce7c87339fff15
idk how to disable antivirus but i know its on so thats still on
also i didnt get a timeout
Trosk-
I know this sounds simple, but did you try to restart your PC and router? Some people who were being stuck on the login screen (the loading circle) fixed it by just doing that.
Topic Starter
beaudilla

Trosk- wrote:

I know this sounds simple, but did you try to restart your PC and router? Some people who were being stuck on the login screen (the loading circle) fixed it by just doing that.
well i reset my router and pc but it still doing the same thing.
abraker
Who is your ISP (internet provider)?
Topic Starter
beaudilla
what do you mean
abraker

beaudilla wrote:

what do you mean
Hold that thought because there has been a recent influx of people getting sudden disconnects and reconnects. Wait a bit (maybe a week?) for the problem to be resolved. If it is not resolved by then, feel free to pick up the topic.
Topic Starter
beaudilla

abraker wrote:

beaudilla wrote:

what do you mean
Hold that thought because there has been a recent influx of people getting sudden disconnects and reconnects. Wait a bit (maybe a week?) for the problem to be resolved. If it is not resolved by then, feel free to pick up the topic.
i have two accounts on my compter i logged into my other one and osu was working fine. so i logged into my original account and osu was working again. idk if this was that allowed osu to work or maybe i had to wait but thanks to everyone who took time to respond to my post! :)
daffaarth846
i have turn off the firewall but is cant log in to osu
Death

daffaarth846 wrote:

i have turn off the firewall but is cant log in to osu
You can also probably add a rule/exception for osu! in your firewall instead of completely turning it off.

Also, please take a look at the dates on threads to avoid bumping stuff that is really old. This thread happens to be 3 years old.
lalatima
RUN OSU UPDATER AND SIT AND WAIT AND STILL WAIT :V
Death

lalatima wrote:

RUN OSU UPDATER AND SIT AND WAIT AND STILL WAIT :V

Death wrote:

Also, please take a look at the dates on threads to avoid bumping stuff that is really old. This thread happens to be 3 years old.

Please make a new thread if you are having issues.