forum

Worst Game You've Ever Played

posted
Total Posts
show more
The_Priest_In_Yellow
So faggots defending touhou in less than three pages.

Good job.
Rena-chan
I think it has to be that one game with the little girls shooting lasers at each other...
I can't remember the name, I think it started with T or something.
alvhin1903
Wipeout the Game. Althoughgameplay is good and graphics are, too. But the problem is the Sweeper. EVIL LAGS!!! >:
adam2046

Zekira wrote:

and that there are other bullet hells now that are rivaling the difficulty of Touhou
News flash, there are bullet hell games as hard as Touhou and they've been around for years.
Zekira
lol by 'now' I'm pertaining to 10 years ago.

Oh whatever lol, it's not like I play much nowadays
Bestelle

The_Priest_In_Yellow wrote:

Good job.
I didn't know they would be that faggy. I expected them just to talk about the worst games they played. Ah well.
The_Priest_In_Yellow

RL Link wrote:

Good job.
I didn't know they would be that faggy. I expected them just to talk about the worst games they played. Ah well.
Don't blame yourself, I was expecting more as well.
Rena-chan

Zekira wrote:

lol by 'now' I'm pertaining to 10 years ago.

Oh whatever lol, it's not like I play much nowadays
They were also around 10 years ago, though...
Topic Starter
Mogsy
Talk shit about Touhou, people get butthurt. Christ, take it like an adult, peeps (especially the people defending Touhou; some people have opinions, guys).

Anyway, back on topic. While I already mentioned the worst game I ever played, another contender is Shaq Fu (another obvious casualfag choice I know but still).
mm201
This is awesome
adam2046
I played Shaq Fu for about 5-10 minutes.
...I somewhat enjoyed myself.

Edit: So, I've had a good think about it and I either can't remember the horrible games I've played or I haven't played them because I don't like playing shit games.

So here's the two that stick out in my mind.

1942 for the NES
This would just be a mediocre game if the music weren't so fucking horrible. I mean, seriously, who the hell thought anyone would enjoy that? A series of seemingly randomly placed bleeps and bloops until it gets to a point where it plays something that's actually decent just to mess with you, and then we're back to the fucking bloops.

NSFW (Who am I kidding, your work mates probably won't even be able to recognize what any of this shit is supposed to represent...)

/NSFW

Custer's Revenge for the Atari 2600
Putting aside the subject matter of you walking across the screen to rape a native American woman who is...tied to cactus, this game is just piss poor.
Still, at least it has slightly better music than 1942.
awp

Mogsworth wrote:

While I already mentioned the worst game I ever played, another contender is Shaq Fu (another obvious casualfag choice I know but still).
I thought Shaq Fu was okay. I mean yeah, it was pretty bad, but it wasn't horrid. I have two fighting games for the Genesis: Shaq Fu, and Weaponlord. Weaponlord has some neat mechanics, but the difficulty is so grueling that I just can not enjoy it in the least.
James2250
looking at some of the games listed in this thread makes me want to go watch the videos the angry video game nerd did on youtube about them
(yes I have too much time on my hands sometimes) :P
Esupanitix
Glover for the N64. Made absolutely no sense and who would want to play as a discarded living hand throwing balls.
adam2046

WeegeevsWeegee wrote:

Glover for the N64. Made absolutely no sense and who would want to play as a discarded living hand throwing balls.
Glover was charming...
ra92m
Tetris - I miss it so much it became worse :<
0ouobatchy
Carnival games... my step brother made me play it with him and I nearly fell asleep.
KinomiCandy
Ghosts 'n Goblins makes me wanna break my keyboard.
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Crazy Hit Pokemon (PSX). It's bad. It's reaaaaly bad!
Pokebis
I once played this crappy clickbeat ripoff called "osu!"
Shit sucked.
The_Priest_In_Yellow
I hate picking shit like "the worst game evar" or "the greatest motherfucking CoD evar".
So here's aran five and I bet I'll remember some more shit in ten minutes that will make this list completely outdated.

5. The Thing.
Oh you motherfuckers why are you doing this to me hnnrgh. I know, games licensed off of movies are more often than not shit, but I couldn’t help getting excited about this because hey ! How could they fuck this up !

Well they found a way. Between awkward controls, stiff characters and boring enemies, you had to work against bugs and tedious fuse box "puzzles". Not to mention the horribly strained story.

4. The X-Files (Game).
I so wanted to love this. It's a fucking x-files game, how could you not succeed. Oh, it's a full motion video title on seven disks. Ok cool, I played Myst : Riven. While the game does offer… nnnnsome entertainment (mostly by being a prick to everyone), it quickly bogs down in "try everything on everything" and "sit there and watch". Some if not most of the acting is outright hilariously bad, I'm getting the feeling neither David Duchovny nor Gillian Anderson was particularly excited about acting for this thing. Another grand fault is that you only have one way to go in some moments of the game, while I do like linear, this takes it to the extreme. You more or less need to memorize the path you need to take in certain places through brute force trial and error until you get it right. Nice atmosphere though.

Oh and by all the neutron stars, can't you come up with a better title than "The X-Files Game" ?

3. Bible Adventures.
Sighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsigh.

2. Castlevania (Nintendo 64).
Why. Bad controls, bad camera. Horrible 3D, alright it was early 3D but it was still horrible to look at and poorly animated. How aim whip in 3D ? Maybe it's just that I prefer Castlevania in the 2D sidescrolling fashion, but oh gigahertz.

1. Two Worlds.
I know this isn't an old game either, but I think it more than qualifies. I don't know what it is, it just bores me to death. I've tried playing it about ten times now and I have yet to complete more than two quests. There is just something about the game that makes it utterly unplayable, not even for laughs. The horse controls like a drunkard, a drunkard on speed when you try to gallop. The graphics aren't really that bad, not really that good either, just really uninspiring. Voice acting is… okay, I guess. Sounds is pretty nice, gameplay not horribly broken.

It just falls into that category of games that are just so generic that they cease to exist. Two Worlds feels like a chore to play, I think that's what I'm aiming for, a game should never feel like a chore. Nothing redeems this title. The X series (X : Beyond the frontier – X2 : The threat – X3 : The Reunion) may be tedious to play, but it never feels that way. Where those games shine, this title fails and is quickly forgotten.
adam2046

4. The X-Files (Game).
I watched my brother play through this ages ago. I think I had more fun than him.
awp
I am one of the few people on the planet who enjoyed Castlevania for N64 but I apparently won't pay 11 dollars for it
Bestelle
I actually enjoyed that game myself. Well, I only played through 2 stages. I'm assuming it gets worse?
The Triumvirate
Metal Slug 4 and Earthworm Jim 3D
gat1toneku

gabrielwoj wrote:

Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing.. Much people says it's a bad game...
IT'S FRICKIN AWESOME!!@!@!@!@!
Thanks for remaking my thread, another version!

Well, Big Rigs is the worst game evar
that game is fuckin win
FruitWarrior
worst game i ever played is "Mickey mouse and the magical mirror" its gaaaayy, does everything for u =.=
James2250

awp wrote:

I am one of the few people on the planet who enjoyed Castlevania for N64 but I apparently won't pay 11 dollars for it
10 year or so ago I actually found it pretty enjoyable, the camera wasn't great but I got used to it for the most part (these days I prob wouldn't like it as much)
D:
Behon
Batman Forever for SNES. Its suckiness became such a running joke between me and my brother that I got it off eBay for $5 and gave it to him as a prank birthday gift a decade later before giving him the real present, just to see the reaction. When he saw it, he silently lowered his head and buried it in his hands.
FabledArc
I'll admit I liked Castlevania on the N64 back in the day, but not enough to play it. Now days it nice to indulge in the nostalgia it brings, stopping just short of the hedge maze.

The worst game I ever played though was Malice for the PS2 (multi-console game). Yes, played through. I got to the credits of that mediocre mess. It was all hyped up, but ultimately sucked. You play as demi-god Malice, out to do...something. I think get her powers back. So you have to go through some linear worlds, no backtracking allowed (you miss those "heart pieces" and they're lost forever), death is a slap on the wrist and it's easier to just reload the save file instead of wasting half an hour returning to life, and everything gets dull after 10 minutes. Oh, and the final boss? Same pattern over and over and Malice does barely any damage to it. Yeah. Fun. :/

As for the ending...
SPOILER
Malice stands on the cracked ground of the final boss' arena as it becomes filled with flora. She turns to the gamer and says: "Don't call me Mother. Just call me Malice!" Sound of weapon hitting something.
Roll credits, which I think could be accessed from the main menu. Can't remember much more than that except for a farting mushroom mutant, the ability to float, shrinking, and a level where you had to sneak by crows, the minions of the big bad.

I'd put down a few more, but chances are I've blocked them out.
[DG2L]YungYeezy
Pokemon SoulSilver/HeartGold

-Stupid non-creepy Lavender Town music
-Lyra=Big hat girl obsessed with marill
-D***ed Pokethon
-Xero-
Starcraft

Serious Answer: Gauntlet Legends (It's just bad. You have to run against your enemies to deal damage...
Cuddlebun
s' kinda hard to answer since I've never really played a game I didn't like--I'm a fairly good judge of games that I'll like before I buy them.

That being said, one of the only games I felt unsatisfied after finishing was Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland or whatever that terrible game on the GBA was. I guess it wasn't bad, but I did not feel very accomplished after I beat it.

Tilt n' Tumble was just hilariously bad/frustrating, though.
adam2046

Cuddlebun wrote:

That being said, one of the only games I felt unsatisfied after finishing was Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland or whatever that terrible game on the GBA was. I guess it wasn't bad, but I did not feel very accomplished after I beat it.
:(
That game was cool.
Yoichi Sturmhimmel
I HATE Fullmetal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy. It was about three hours long, and half the story was told to you. The most f**king annoying minigame in the history of minigames was in this game. The minigame was to tap the bottom-left corner followed by the bottom-right corner, then the left etc. It took me a whole hour to complete this minigame (e.g. 33% of the story) and in the end, someone else had to do it for me, because I couldn't move my hand that fast. The story wasn't even any good, so worst $15 game ever.
rust45

Yoichi Sturmhimmel wrote:

I HATE Fullmetal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy. It was about three hours long, and half the story was told to you. The most f**king annoying minigame in the history of minigames was in this game. The minigame was to tap the bottom-left corner followed by the bottom-right corner, then the left etc. It took me a whole hour to complete this minigame (e.g. 33% of the story) and in the end, someone else had to do it for me, because I couldn't move my hand that fast. The story wasn't even any good, so worst $15 game ever.
Wait, you bought a licensed game?
Azure_Kite
Dual Sympathy did suck, yes it did. Good thing I try before I buy.
Yuzeyun
TOCA Race Driver 2. It's impossible at the second championship. The first is a little easy but the second with WTF cars... >:(
And games that the "Joueur du Grenier" and I played.

(the Joueur du Grenier is the french AVGN :) )
Two_old

Azure_Kyte wrote:

Tip: movie/tv show-> game always sucks
WhoAteFred

Two wrote:

Azure_Kyte wrote:

Tip: movie/tv show-> game always sucks
I had fun with Spider-Man 2 on the PS2. That game didn't suck.
show more