forum

Worst Game You've Ever Played

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ekaru
FFVIII isn't so bad that it belongs in this thread. If FFVIII is the worst game you've ever played then you need to play more games.
Ivalset
FF8 is a great game with some questionable design decisions. A lot of people that hate the game hate it for stupid reasons like "drawing magic is dumb".
Justykanna

Ekaru wrote:

FFVIII isn't so bad that it belongs in this thread. If FFVIII is the worst game you've ever played then you need to play more games.
I pretty much stick to RPGs like the Tales, Atelier and FF series and FFVIII doesn't beat any of em. =P

Ivalset wrote:

FF8 is a great game with some questionable design decisions. A lot of people that hate the game hate it for stupid reasons like "drawing magic is dumb"
I actually didn't mind drawing magic all that much. =S
tyrael6192
I enjoyed it :O I remember actually printing out a map of the draw points so I could get i think it was ultima magic to junction on squall... ahhh the good old days
Rantai
Triple Triad alone made the game better than several I can think of >_>
MoodyRPG
Mario is Missing (SNES)

THE WORST MARIO EVER, the history is a crap :(
laport

MoodyRPG wrote:

Mario is Missing (SNES)

THE WORST MARIO EVER, the history is a crap :(
have you played Mario's Time Machine (NES)?
awp
there is a chance the people quoting decent games in here as their worst just haven't played any actual bad games
Justykanna

awp wrote:

there is a chance the people quoting decent games in here as their worst just haven't played any actual bad games
Possibly.
I tend not to buy games that are rated low, with exceptions.
I know Atelier Iris 3 (PS2), Blue Dragon (XBox360) and Ragnarok (DS) were all rated as mediocre but I loved all three.
I read somewhere that people didn't like Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World but it's my 2nd favourite Tales game.
DoJu
From my poor memory, Alone in the dark (X360) is by far the worst game i have ever played, i almost regret getting 1000/1000 on that game D:
PROGUY
Not sure if I posted before but anyway...

IMO the first goes to the first Breath of Fire (NES/GBA). Crappy dialogue and story, and magic spells' power =/= MP cost.

Phantasy Star Universe (PS2) is second for how terrible it was for your party members to detect the enemies before attacking them. I had to literally run past through the waves just to get them swinging their blades, lol. Oh, and the final boss was so freaking easy.

Third goes to Final Fantasy X... for the main character design and unskippable cutscenes. Also the fact that when one "dies" and they still move afterwards (until they're sent away) is pretty gay. Don't get me started with the sequel.
Justykanna

PROGUY wrote:

Third goes to Final Fantasy X... for the main character design and unskippable cutscenes. Also the fact that when one "dies" and they still move afterwards (until they're sent away) is pretty gay. Don't get me started with the sequel.
Aw, the hate for FFX continues. =(
Not that I blame you for the reasons you listed, both very fair. I enjoyed just about every other aspect of the game so meh. =P
Sequel had some pretty terrible bits like the story but I really enjoyed the dresspheres (I'm a sucker for class systems).
tyrael6192
I fucking loved tidus omg like the first few hours when his whole life changes and hes like orz i dunno where im going aag# mn]'g[fhagm'[ maybe one day i can get back to zanarkand and some other amazing lines that i would quote if i could remember them ;_;

why people gotta hate

"Listen to my story... this may be our last chance"
Justykanna

tyrael6192 wrote:

why people gotta hate

"Listen to my story... this may be our last chance"
Good opening bit!
I remember my brother used to play, hours and hours, of blitzball. Watching him made me lol . =)
Alex311360
call of mother fucking duty
the campaign is OK
the zombies in black ops is ok
the multiplayer.. it makes me want to choke every little kid on there
until
they
stop
breathing
Mismagius

Kazuo wrote:

http://www.dollynho.com.br/jogo/
GOTY
Fixumi
I don't remember anymore, but I'm enjoying the reviewer of the bad retro videogames =D AGVN.
bagiaaa
RAGE

big size for such a crap, my time is wasted.
Mithos

Blue Dragon wrote:

Kazuo wrote:

http://www.dollynho.com.br/jogo/
GOTY
LOLLLLLLL
Cropzy
gaylo. COD. GOW
tyrael6192
NNNNNNECROMANCY LEVEL 5000

i don't understand why people hate games (read: hate anything) just because they're mainstream. I wouldn't say cod was a masterpiece in any sense of the word, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the game... playing with friends on lan, etc... there's a fun factor in the game and therefore i have fun playing it and can say that i've enjoyed the time i've put into it. that, for me, is more than sufficient to call it a good game.
Kuroneko-sHerald
Since this thread was "resurrected":

as far as I remember, the worst game I played was Hercules for Game Boy.
Arkuski
F-18 Thunderstrike for Game Boy Color

This game was so awful I can't even explain.
Rokk

Neo@lex wrote:

Earthbound, Super Metroid and pretty much every Megaman platformer.
Earthbound isn't bad. :|

No, seriously. Earthbound and Mother 3 were the most awesome games I have ever played in my entire life.

The worst game I've ever played is either Slender or some smiley First Person Shooter for the NES.
Unbr34k4bl3
Most i raged on was I wanna be the guy. Lawl
Ibaraki Miya
Some old game on sega that i don't even remember it's name anymore.
ZeroEightOne
Scary Maze Game.
Miracle Lotus
osu!
Phaeleh
Most likely Cheetahmen II on nes, never playing that game again thats torture >:(
[Maid] NekoRyo
pepsiman...on ps1.....
ztrot
E.T
Justykanna
Lunar Dragon Story. Oh the disappointment. =(
Blaziken
Speed Racer (Wii)
Kingkevin30
final fantasy crystal bearers (Wii)
hinamizawan
final fantasy crystal chronicles: echoes of time
pokemon dash / pokemon black
counter-strike (don't even get close to this piece of shit)
a megaman pc game
fsvgm777
Castlevania: The Adventure for the Game Boy. Why? Mainly because of the really horrible jumping. The game actually requires you to do some pixel-precise jumps at the end of Stage 1. Now, there are no bottomless pits at that particular part, but you have to do pixel-precise jumps later on as well, and those are above bottomless pits or instant-death spikes. I am not kidding. Furthermore, the game has a tendency to drop your inputs. You also lose your upgraded whip as soon as you get hit, which pretty much isn't present in other Castlevania games (in those, you only lose your upgraded whip when you lose a life). The only good part of this game is the music, which sounds really good for a Game Boy game released in 1989, in my opinion.
Lance

Justykanna wrote:

Lunar Dragon Story. Oh the disappointment. =(
Thank you for reminding me how horrible this was. This. A million times this.
Justykanna

Lance wrote:

Thank you for reminding me how horrible this was. This. A million times this.
My bad, it was called Dragon Song, now that I think about it.
But, oh my gosh... I don't even remember how I finished that game while remaining sane...
On the front: "From the original creators of Lunar: Silver Star"... Sigh.
whymeman
Did anyone say Superman 64 yet?

Oh yeah, Azure's Dreams......

It starts off nice until: A.) You re-enter the tower. -or- B.) You die then re-enter the tower.

Someone had no common sense on how difficult it should be at the beginning....
Pizzicato
black ops II campaign.
show more