forum

Where to focus eyes on in osu!standard?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Darin on osu
Hello, I have been wondering where to focus my eyes when playing, focusing soley on the circles and ignoring the cursor, focusing on the cursor and using peripheral vision for circles, etc. I can't really focus on circles because it limits my peripheral vision and my eyes cant mive very fast on some maps like the left right jumps in Force of Wind. So, I've been wondering what is the ideal way to focus my eyes in osu!
ZenithPhantasm
Look at each circle and work out your eyeballs. Alternatively you could learn to use 730x400 res like me 8-)
Endaris
In the long term, quickly focusing each single note outside of streams is the best method to ensure that your aiming is consistent.
Following your cursor only makes sense if you have few to none experience with moving your mouse with speed and dedication. But you look like you have some so you should know where your cursor is at any point of time without focusing it.

The other method is what i call "the blank stare" where you're focusing the center of the screen and only move it to where most circles are/in which direction they're flowing instead of focusing out each single one. This method becomes more inefficient the more dense the map is in terms of circles and the occurence of shitmisses is also higher.

That being said, fast left-right-jumps are indeed very hard to focus on with your eyes but I can promise you that it gets better(and your periphery wider) if you play more.
Topic Starter
Darin on osu
Oh alright, thanks for the reply guys!
GoldenWolf
I try to always look at the next circle I'm about to hit if it's around ~AR9.3, below AR8.5 I tend to look 2-3 circles ahead, over AR9.8 I mostly look somewhere between the circle I'm hitting and the next one

I can't really read anything over AR9.8 though so feel free to dismiss that part
timemon
You should try to look at every notes on large jumps like cross screen zig zags. Disable follow points for more style points.
pandaBee
Don't look. Feel.
Synpoo
i stare at the center of my monitor
-Makishima S-
Easy to follow simple pattern - 1/2 circles ahead, moving my eyes right before cursor reach circle what i need to hit and "snap" my eyes on another circle.
Squares / stars - (bad reading habit, don't do this) - fast read how it follow, centre eyes on it so i can see all circles within pattern. I know i can thread square as "2 x linera jumps", same goes for star, it's just bad habit from old days of being noob garbage.
Rabbit jumps - follow each single circle, at ceratin bpm impossible for me, not enough experience
Poku
I see alot of people just tracking every single note and that's the way they do it,
I play on a full screen and I kinda just look at the screen using quarters, I really don't know how to explain it
but I got really comfortable with my tablet that if I look at a note i can just drag to it, I cant look at every single
note like other players, it hurts me eyes, just do what you already do, it is what you are most comfortable with :)
deletemyaccount
You could always try sitting further away from your monitor or reducing your resolution if you struggle to see the full playfield with your peripheral vision.

I personally focus on each circle or subsequent circles at the same time depending on approach rate.
Bakanowy
dont worry about focusing your eyes, it shall come!