forum

O-Rings

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ikikaera
So, after 2 years of osu! I've gotten to the point where even my neighbors complain about the mashing.
I'm using a ducky shine 3 with black switches. Really love the feeling of bottoming out and having a loud clack, but seems like I'll have to get O-rings.

I'd only need it for the sole purpose of making it quieter and I'd still like to keep the feeling of the keyboard ''as natural as possible'', any recommendations?
Oh, and I'd only use it for osu!. Typing on it isn't too loud.
Neliel
Its not a big difference. I use O-rings and my kb is still noisy.
Topic Starter
Ikikaera

Deadlyneliel wrote:

I mean, anything that makes my neighbors not glare at me with sleep deprived eyes could help, I guess.
ZenithPhantasm

Ikikaera wrote:

Deadlyneliel wrote:

I mean, anything that makes my neighbors not glare at me with sleep deprived eyes could help, I guess.
Stop using a mech
Topic Starter
Ikikaera

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Stop using a mech
Not possible. After buying my first mech, I actually developed a romantic feeling towards it.
I'm certainly not abandoning my sweet little ducky.

I'm actually considering getting a 2nd mech with red switches. I already have blacks and a numpad with browns.
Daborgia
Put some Cottonwool ( Watte ) under your buttons :) The most noisy thing is when slamming the button down to the bottom of your kb^^
Topic Starter
Ikikaera

Daborgia wrote:

Put some Cottonwool ( Watte ) under your buttons :) The most noisy thing is when slamming the button down to the bottom of your kb^^
That does sound interesting. I should try that one day, but it'd probably make the tapping feel really weird and unresponsive.
Infevo
A substantial amount of db also comes from the surface your kb is placed on. Some wooden desks enhance the clacking volume. You might want to consider placing a soft mat under your keyboard as well.
Noobsicle
i think this would be more natural feeling, although the more natural it is, the less dampened it is imo
i couldn't find it through amazon.de

also

Infevo wrote:

You might want to consider placing a soft mat under your keyboard as well.
do this
Topic Starter
Ikikaera

Infevo wrote:

A substantial amount of db also comes from the surface your kb is placed on. Some wooden desks enhance the clacking volume. You might want to consider placing a soft mat under your keyboard as well.
Yeah, I put a towel under my keyboard a long time ago. It's still way too loud because I have to tap with quite a lot of force to actually be somewhat fast.

Noobsicle wrote:

i think this would be more natural feeling, although the more natural it is, the less dampened it is imo
Thanks for the link. I'll try looking for similar or the same ones somewhere else.
ZenithPhantasm

Noobsicle wrote:

ty
GoldenWolf
Or don't play at night
Topic Starter
Ikikaera

GoldenWolf wrote:

Or don't play at night
The time of the day doesn't really change the volume of the clacking.
My parents would still bark into my room every few minutes.

Oh well, I ordered 40A ones. Let's see if those are fine.
GoldenWolf
Change your parents and neighboors, ez
Karuta-_old_1
not much to say other than training yourself not to bottom out the keys
Topic Starter
Ikikaera

Karuta- wrote:

not much to say other than training yourself not to bottom out the keys
Not bottoming out feels horrible, though. I have no clue how anyone could play without bottoming out.
usa
The level of noise will mostly be the same, just the clacking noise when you bottom out will be dulled.
Also, your fingers are going to get fatigued faster because the impact when you bottom out will be harsher.
Not to mention, the bottoming out distance will be shorter, so it might take some time to adjust.

Padding your window and door crevices might be a better idea, unless your walls are made of paper then nothing can save you kek
Topic Starter
Ikikaera

usa wrote:

The level of noise will mostly be the same, just the clacking noise when you bottom out will be dulled.
Also, your fingers are going to get fatigued faster because the impact when you bottom out will be harsher.
Not to mention, the bottoming out distance will be shorter, so it might take some time to adjust.

Padding your window and door crevices might be a better idea, unless your walls are made of paper then nothing can save you kek
Ah, thanks for the information.
Although, my stamina is the best thing I have, I won't even feel slightly exhausted even if I play a 1 hour 200 bpm map without a single break. So that won't be a problem.
I'm relatively quick to adjust to changes as well, I think I might get used to it, especially since it'll only reduce travel time by 0,2mm.
And since I use blacks, bottoming out is the main source of the noise. And I have to bottom out with more force, the faster the map is.
Glad I got a ducky. Pretty sure a razer, or other keyboards with cheap switches would've had at least 20 broken keys by now.