forum

[duplicate] Bringing ranks into the game

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
The Wicked Eye
So i was thinking we should have ranks into the game like you know how in other games like CS:GO or LoL you have divisions Bronze Silver Gold etc. We could acquire these ranks by playing with other players on a new multyplayer mode called Ranked or something like that were only people that are a certain lvl and above could play. Also we could choose if we wanted to play in a team match or head to head with someone else and the winner gets points with every win or loses with every defeat... And make it so equaly skilled players get to play together and not like a rank 1 player against a rank 100 player. I think that it would be pretty nice to have a competitive mode other than the single player one and it could help people get better faster at the game. Please tell me your opinion. Sorry if someone else has already suggested that i can't check the entire forum.
Gumpy
I believe it has been requested and denied before.
t/338578
t/336955
Shohei Ohtani
The main issue I have with this is that it works for league because theres no real other way of determining skill. A k/d ratio or W/L record means nothing, really, so thats how they do it.

Osu! has a way of ranking players with pp, which is a little more effective because while there is still the issue of pp farming (just look at my ctb rank :P), its still a decent guideline for gauging the skill of a player.

Plus, multiplayer isnt the focus of the game. League is a multiplayer based game, so it makes sense to have a multiplayer based ranking system. Osu! Is based moreso on individual accomplishment (even owc is literally just a bunch of dudes playing a map at the same time with no team interaction), so a singleplayer ranking system works better.
drum drum

Gumpyyy wrote:

I believe it has been requested and denied before.
t/338578
t/336955
those aren't denied they're just marked duplicate
the threads that aren't:
t/297359
t/114299