forum

kors k feat. Yukacco - On The Beat (Akira Complex Remix)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shoutoshi
hyol xd niconiconitoshi you fckin degenerate. learn to smell your own farts befsore mapping another shit kors k map. hope this map goes from ON THE BEAT to IN THE TRASH you mole toed little boi. Go back to buliding your Great of Wall China to stop the Ethiopian invasion, ok Donald Trump?
anna apple
GET READY FOR A SHITPOST BOIIIS

Complex

1. 03:18:911 (6) - NC
  2. 04:49:353 (1) - I don't think it is necessary to NC this as it breaks the NCing you did for this section.

this map is god damn good as shit dude, hoyl fuck, but it could use some polishing up on patterns and such
Topic Starter
Voxnola

All rejected, fuck you
anna apple

Naitoshi wrote:

All rejected, fuck you
so when is it happening?
Side
Cuz I want kds Hi!!!

03:37:353 (1) - Move to x:210 y:148 cuz minor excuse and moves it a bit away from (2) so it doesn't look so cluttered.

Also bump OD to 7.5 maybe 8 :^(

I could nitpick more but maps fine tbh get it ranked or hoard favorites and get it loved thanks ;)
Topic Starter
Voxnola

FOR THE LOVE OF SHIT, WHY
HootOwlStar
They ask you how you are, and you just have to say you’re fine when you’re not really fine, but you just can’t get into it, because they would never understand.
Topic Starter
Voxnola
Okoratu
sorry to destroy your bn spree but im not a bn

but the map seems fine imo
Topic Starter
Voxnola
I'm just gonna shit my fuck Oko
UndeadCapulet
lets go
Monstrata
Complex

01:18:823 (6,1) - 01:21:647 (6,1) - Try and make the spacing between these transitions a bit different to indicate its a 1/4 gap between jumps instead of a 1/2 like 01:21:382 (5) - . A larger jump 01:24:470 (6,1) - like this is fine. As long as you can give some visual hint outside of NC'ing because that's not really reliable here.
01:35:235 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Im not really a fan of how linear this stream becomes. Like, it kinda loses its flow and aesthetic from earlier. Try and make this S pattern more curved?
01:50:764 (1,2) - Not really liking how the curve of 2 doesn't really follow the visual flow from 1. Try stacking the slider with 01:50:059 (1) - 's head. Similar sound for similar location could work here.
01:52:529 (2,3) - The sounds here are different from 01:52:176 (1) - because they have beats on the red tick too. I think you could try something different like kicksliders or something instead of using the same shape.
02:15:117 (2,3) - ^ 03:45:470 (2,3) - etc... if you apply
02:34:529 (1,2,3) - Not a good idea to do overlaps here. You are changing to a really different SV and that causes the slider to appear like it's on a different snap initially. If you overlap, it becomes even harder for players to tell that these are actually the same snaps as 02:34:176 (2) -
02:57:823 (1,1) - Really easy to break here due to the slider-tick at the end of 1. Can you arrange it in a way where it the player can play through the whole slider? Right now it benefits the player not to play it out, but the slider-tick creates breaks if they do.
03:19:706 (1,2) - Doubles instead? The red tick is the weakest beat here. Doublets are more interesting in terms of rhythm choice, and this map is all about non-standard rhythm choices. Would prepare the player for the doubles you use just after too.
03:54:294 (1) - Huh... weird slider design but okay i guess xd
04:05:470 (3,1) - Unless you're expecting players to singletap those 1/3's, this jump is going to be really sudden for players xP. Can you make it less drastic? I feel its a really easy place to break.
04:16:176 (4) - No NC?

[]

Interesting song. Allows for some very unusual rhythms that you rarely ever see in ranked maps nowadays. I don't really have any major concerns about this map. Some 3/4 patterns like towards the intro and outro seem a bit hard to read initially, but I think because of the nature of the song, players will naturally be more careful and aware of their rhythm. Call me back when you're ready then! Also, if you have metadata, would you mind linking it in your reply, thanks!
Topic Starter
Voxnola
Monstrata mod

Monstrata wrote:

Complex

01:18:823 (6,1) - 01:21:647 (6,1) - Try and make the spacing between these transitions a bit different to indicate its a 1/4 gap between jumps instead of a 1/2 like 01:21:382 (5) - . A larger jump 01:24:470 (6,1) - like this is fine. As long as you can give some visual hint outside of NC'ing because that's not really reliable here. I changed the first one to make 6 closer to 1, but I feel the second one has enough left velocity to just flow into 1
01:35:235 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Im not really a fan of how linear this stream becomes. Like, it kinda loses its flow and aesthetic from earlier. Try and make this S pattern more curved? I agree, that part of the stream deviates from its original premise. I change stream to be more curvy there

01:50:764 (1,2) - Not really liking how the curve of 2 doesn't really follow the visual flow from 1. Try stacking the slider with 01:50:059 (1) - 's head. Similar sound for similar location could work here. It was like this at first, but I changed it because I really like the cursor movements I can pull off from circle to slider. Something I couldn't pull off it was how it was originally
01:52:529 (2,3) - The sounds here are different from 01:52:176 (1) - because they have beats on the red tick too. I think you could try something different like kicksliders or something instead of using the same shape. I think the hitsounds and repeated motions are enough to emphasize the beats. I'd like to remain strictly 1/2 there
02:15:117 (2,3) - ^ 03:45:470 (2,3) - etc... if you apply
02:34:529 (1,2,3) - Not a good idea to do overlaps here. You are changing to a really different SV and that causes the slider to appear like it's on a different snap initially. If you overlap, it becomes even harder for players to tell that these are actually the same snaps as 02:34:176 (2) - I think this is a nice transition moment for the overall concept. The approach circles are close enough and the ar is high enough to where the player can read it just like the other transition 00:41:588 -
02:57:823 (1,1) - Really easy to break here due to the slider-tick at the end of 1. Can you arrange it in a way where it the player can play through the whole slider? Right now it benefits the player not to play it out, but the slider-tick creates breaks if they do. This is like the major complaint I've received from anyone about this map, unfortunately these sliders are a big part of the map's premise and there are much worse ones than this. It's something I can't really change because of the individual map's fundamentals >~> I really like the fast snapping and impact/hitsound slider flow though

03:19:706 (1,2) - Doubles instead? The red tick is the weakest beat here. Doublets are more interesting in terms of rhythm choice, and this map is all about non-standard rhythm choices. Would prepare the player for the doubles you use just after too. Hell yeah, edgy af
03:54:294 (1) - Huh... weird slider design but okay i guess xd Hell yeah
04:05:470 (3,1) - Unless you're expecting players to singletap those 1/3's, this jump is going to be really sudden for players xP. Can you make it less drastic? I feel its a really easy place to break. Yeah I understand the concerns here. This is probably the part that most will miss on, but I think players will do well on it if they alternate it tbh xd
04:16:176 (4) - No NC? Nah, we're still in wub mode. The other part wasn't nc'd either

[]

Interesting song. Allows for some very unusual rhythms that you rarely ever see in ranked maps nowadays. I don't really have any major concerns about this map. Some 3/4 patterns like towards the intro and outro seem a bit hard to read initially, but I think because of the nature of the song, players will naturally be more careful and aware of their rhythm. Call me back when you're ready then! Also, if you have metadata, would you mind linking it in your reply, thanks!
Thank you for modding Monstrata, I appreciate it!
important snapping changes pointed about by UC: 01:27:117 (1,2) - and 03:20:059 (1,2) - should be 1/8 , not 1/6 (confirm)
04:45:824 (3,4,5,6) - first instance had to be a circle, second had to be a slider, rhythm changed to this
03:26:059 - stream changed cause I was pretty sure it looked like fucking ass
03:57:264 (2) - Akira Complex what the FUCK
added two hitsounds (6th customs)

I think the best source of the meta data for the song is here http://korsk.jp/event/gathering2014/
The official name that they advertise just has the mix names on it. (Original Mix), (Akira Complex Remix), etc.
The name that others advertise it as is the current name. Which makes more sense.
http://shop.attackthemusic.com/track/on ... plex-remix

https://soundcloud.com/akira-complex/ko ... plex-remix
at least the soundcloud came through for the title.

UPDATED
Nao Tomori
fine
Shiirn
fwiw i think the map's way better now so yeah you do you
Monstrata
02:57:823 (1,1,1) - These could still be smaller. Right now you're sacrificing playability for the sake of some emphasis that will still be there even if they are arranged in a simpler manner.
03:03:470 (1,1,1) - This is already a lot better since theres a lot more slider leniency with which to make the jump:

Well, i guess technically you can release past 02:58:176 - and still get 300

Other than that, metadata looks fine,
_handholding
I want to mod this but I also don't want to die ><
Topic Starter
Voxnola
I've tested this many times to see if I just wasn't getting something, but I still came to the conclusion that that specific jump plays like the ones before it from the same section and the previous section. I guess my reasoning for why I will keep it in its general form is that if the player is playing that one like they did the others, they shouldn't break on it at all. I am very confident that it doesn't majorly effect the playability of the map at that specific point. Though I did put the objects closer to match the spacing between the objects from the last slider jumps because #justtinyconsistencythings.

f-bomb counter for this thread: 19
↓fuck this guy↓
anna apple
this is f*ne
UndeadCapulet
please die bor <3
Shoutoshi
suggestion: can you make the diff name "Let's dance...in the trash". if that would be fine :3
Monstrata
Bubbled!

Future reference: hitsound checker might say sliderslide2.wav is unused, but it is actually used on some sliders. 00:54:647 (1) - for example.
Karen
placeholder'd
UndeadCapulet
aa
Side
on the mars
Topic Starter
Voxnola
Side please
_handholding
kiai times are kind of boring. Low spaced, long sliders with a slow SV in the climatic part of the song. You could have at least spaced them out a lot more to add more to the gameplay
Topic Starter
Voxnola
nah
you don't get it lol
UndeadCapulet

Naitoshi wrote:

nah
you don't get it lol
anna apple

Naitoshi wrote:

nah
you don't get it lol
Did you just say boring? exucse me? do you think you have the right to just say what ever you want whenever you want just because you don't have a solid foundation of what mapping is. DOn't just go around talking smack to my name like that dude or I'll have to hold you down and suck on you...
Yohanes
qualified
Zero__wind
Mod from my queue

Red: unrankable issues
Purple: highly recommend to fix

General
clear.

Let's Dance
00:52:882 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - dividing these circles into groups of 3 like this seems to fit the music better imo 00:52:882 (1,2,1) - in a comboset while 00:53:147 (2,1,2) - in another as there's keyboard sound at 00:53:147 - and 00:53:411 -
00:54:117 (1) - maybe stop this slider at 00:54:470 - as there's an obvious keyboard note on that red tick? also it will make the next jump to 00:54:647 (1) - friendlier. same for the other similar ones like 00:59:764 (1) - in the latter parts if you agree
02:01:000 (3) - maybe add a whistle? sounds good imo
02:41:588 (3) - NC for consistency
02:45:823 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - same as 00:52:882 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - , if you're not gonna change the shape, change NC usage at least
03:28:706 (3,4) - why not use a 1/4 slider to have a jump at 03:28:882 (1) - instead like 01:35:764 (7,1) - ?
03:54:294 (1,2) - lmao these nodes

probably all
call me back
UndeadCapulet
will smile this weekend
edit: smiled
Nao Tomori
not one, not two, but FOUR bns for the mapping GOD naitoshi himself

ok not 4 3 bns and a qat but same thing
Voli
placeholder
Arphimigon
placeholder
Not_Zippy
[placeholder.tmp]
diraimur
anna apple

PLACEHOLDER

[]
Karen
Let's Dance
  1. 01:34:882 (5,6,7,8,1,2,1) - mind avoiding these overlappings? http://puu.sh/utFHh/32a53ff83a.jpg this works too
  2. 01:37:353 (1,1,1) - 03:30:294 (1,1,1) - feels more like 1/4 sliders but it's up to you
  3. 01:50:059 (1,1) - i know your idea here but the spacing is just tOO far because 01:50:764 (1,2) - they're sOO closed
not even a mod

placeholdered for bubble#2
show more