forum

[Archived] SS/S/A Rank Profile Counter is Inaccurate

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tristan97
Problem Details:
Put simply, the counter for the number of SS/S/A ranks on a user profile is inaccurate.

I'll show specifically for my profile in terms of the A rank count:

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
As of this post. my profile tells me that in the osu!mania game mode I have 128 A ranks

In terms of the number of A ranks I have in the osu!mania game mode including autoconverts and high scores with mods such as HT, in game I count 116 A ranks.

On the beatmap search feature for charts that I have A ranks on on osu!mania, there are 98 songs, which accounting for the songs on which I have A ranks on two difficulties (and one song where I have three A ranks on three difficulties), the total is 116 A ranks.

I have been told by a fellow osu! player that qualified maps that were disqualified but never re-qualified count as a part of the total count. However, seeing that those maps are often never ranked, these A ranks loom around despite being A ranks on un-ranked charts, of which the counter does not keep track of.

Perhaps this is just a technicality, but considering some maps are qualified, dis-qualified, and never re-qualified, this leaves an issue of inaccuracy (which some players consider this to be a big deal)

The fix should be simple, do not count qualified maps towards this total counter considering they no longer give pp or maintain high scores (they are wiped when ranked) and to remove the inflated number of SS/S/A ranks from dis-qualified maps.

Thank you for your consideration.

osu! version: 20150901 (latest)
TheVileOne
These ranks would be removed when the leaderboard gets wiped anyways. It may take awhile to see the counts change.
blahpy
This doesn't apply to the original post, but something strange is indeed happening with the counters in some cases, and there are probably more where it will go unnoticed:

Trosk-

blahpy wrote:

This doesn't apply to the original post, but something strange is indeed happening with the counters in some cases, and there are probably more where it will go unnoticed:

It is already a known issue. t/344752