forum

[duplicate] Ghost Mode / Practice

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
TortlePancake
Practice Mode and Ghost Idea

here are my ideas please read thanks :D

Ghost Mode
A ghost will be compared to your gameplay. Like, if u press a local score OR a global score you can either choose Replay Button or Ghost Mode.In gameplay, another cursor appears in your screen, but the cursor moves according to the replay data, that way you can compare how the cursor moves between your gameplay and the replay data. just to be clear that you're viewing a replay but this time you can see your cursor and play the beatmap at the same time.
Practice Mode
in practice mode, osu will record the data every time you play a song, multiple cursors will show on screen, those cursors will play your previous attempts in that beatmap. Like in ghost mode, you can play with the replay (ironic) but it will be many of them.
Though ghost and practice modes are particularly the same, ghost mode focuses on the comparison between two gameplays, while in practice mode plays your multiple attempts on a beatmap, both are playing with the replay at the same time.

I found the idea on this video.
The video was made by NinjaVikingFun

EDIT:
Regarding ghost replays i found a similar topic HERE
My ghost idea might be rejected but i havent found a similar topic about Practice Mode (though it still sounds simillar :( )
Exa
This is rumored to be implemented with osu!next, nothing official though.

I would love to see that happening.
drum drum
Topic Starter
TortlePancake

Exa wrote:

This is rumored to be implemented with osu!next, nothing official though.

I would love to see that happening.
I havent heard of that yet

drum drum wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/301033 ?
Thought that I didnt found something more similar than that post xD, but would the practice idea still catch?
PieInOblivion
I feel that since I play with a long trail that this would cause me a lot of confusion on fast paced maps or high tempo small jumps as the trail would lighten up my entire screen and blind me. I think it's a cool idea but a question arises from this.

When in 'Ghost Mode', will PP be granted for completing a good map? Because if so then... I think this counts as a form of cheating :lol:
Plus, FL mode would be a fair bit easier then.

But I think this could be useful, coupled with replays being saved even if you die (Duplicate... yeah, yeah I know)
Topic Starter
TortlePancake

PieInOblivion wrote:

I feel that since I play with a long trail that this would cause me a lot of confusion on fast paced maps or high tempo small jumps as the trail would lighten up my entire screen and blind me. I think it's a cool idea but a question arises from this.

When in 'Ghost Mode', will PP be granted for completing a good map? Because if so then... I think this counts as a form of cheating :lol:
Plus, FL mode would be a fair bit easier then.

But I think this could be useful, coupled with replays being saved even if you die (Duplicate... yeah, yeah I know)
no, but logically speaking you are still playing the replay, its main purpose is to compare your playstyle and the replay

if you still couldnt understand it, imagine two cursors, one is being controlled by the replay data and one being controlled by you
drum drum
Bump the thread I linked

Practice mode has been requested and denied many times
PieInOblivion

TortlePancake wrote:

no, but logically speaking you are still playing the replay, its main purpose is to compare your playstyle and the replay

if you still couldn't understand it, imagine two cursors, one is being controlled by the replay data and one being controlled by you
No, I understand what you mean, but my argument is that a trail would be confusing in difficult maps, why would you want to 'compare play styles'? I still don't get why people wish to do this, it's not like, playing with a ghost at 220BPM will help you get better, if you can even follow 2 cursors at once.
Sandy Hoey
I don't think that a ghost mode would necessarily be that helpful. It concept reminds me of the time trials ghost in mario kart. It worked thee because you could take short cuts and change your routes to increase your time. For osu, showing a previous play will pretty much be exactly the as whatnyou are currently playing since it is not a race. I think it will just be distracting
Pawsu
Well, this is 8 months old, and it already got denied. No need to bump