forum

[invalid] Client Perfomance, fixed post

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pyon
*created a new post since the other was marked as invalid*

Problem Details: I want to know if osu has increased the horsepower because previously i had over 2000 fps, but since probably 1 year ago my fps has been dropping every update. Is that normal?

Fps on stable: from 350 to 900. (900 being on clean screen)
Fps : Beta / CuttingEdge = 400 to 800 (same)
Fps 2012 client : 1500-3000 (1500 being crowded screen with all mods, normally around 2500 fps while playing)
Fps 2010 client : same as above.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

fixed my post on peppy response
SPOILER
* Old client has no background (fill rate is HUGELY lower).
* New client has spinner visible (fill rage is HUGELY higher due to 3-4 layers being drawn).
* New client has hit error graph visible.
* New client has frame graph visible (HUGE OVERHEAD).

Nowhere have you said whether both are running exclusive fullscreen.

Here is both fixed situations

Full screen not borderless (They were previously)
Same resolution
Same effects
No spinner
Both without background
No hit error graph
No frame graph
Same skin, as minimal i could find.
Almost same spot of the song

Old client :

New client :

osu! version: 20150826.9beta
peppy
- beta is old code (and also a WIP). use cutting edge.
- nothing here says you aren't running the newer one in compatibility mode or it is configured differently in some way.
- autoplay code have changed drastically and should not be used for benchmarking.
- impossible to tell whether both backgrounds are not drawing. if one is drawing but the other isn't, that's a huge fill rate difference
- you still have 700+fps, which as above the point of me even giving a response.
Topic Starter
pyon
Cutting edge.
Not in compatibility mode, configured same way
SPOILER
old client config

new client config

This time no autoplay used, both using background this time
SPOILER
old client

new client

finally about the fps, im a bit clueless, i just wanted to point it out, if 700 fps is huge, take down while im online and im usually hitting the 350 to 400fps mark
issue starts when i start streaming where input lag starts to hit off, im probably on an outdated machine and i will have to update sometime soon, but still i believe something must be wierd. If im not mistaken it all started back then when smoke got added, i played on the 2000 fps range, then started decaying to 1000, now i dont have these numbers anymore. If something comes to my mind are video card drivers, if anything.
Sorry for posting i was told to ask here when i asked at #help
peppy
350-400fps is still playable and input lag should not be noticeable (if it is, something else is wrong with your system).

400fps to 700fps is the difference of 1ms in processing time per frame.
700fps to 1800fps is the difference of 0.9ms in processing time per frame.

Both of these changes are negligible.