forum

osu! UK Tournament 5

posted
Total Posts
show more
Loctav
Unlocked upon request. Refrain from posting crap here, else we have to issue punishments.
Topic Starter
Lapis-
We've reached 128 players, so the bracket draw will be this Saturday at 4PM BST. Make sure to tune in to find out who you'll be playing. (It'll be posted in the thread after)
TehDragonGuy
God damnit, an hour too late :*( Oh well. Good luck to all those entered, I'd like to see somebody small win it this time.
will1b
I'm almost sad all the copypasta got removed, that was a key feature of this thread to me. Ah well, was fun while it lasted.

Interesting to see the data, definitely. I'll probably get absolutely dominated within a round or two, but ah well. It's worth a shot, even just for the fun. And I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun.
vidya
sign me the FUCK up 👌👀
Jerome
deleted
Valentine
Good luck to everyone! I look forward to going out in the first round ;_;
Jenny
- awaiting the splashing waves of hatred regarding the map pool -
Topic Starter
Lapis-
Schedule + Bracket and all that jazz is released.
Your Bae

Jenny wrote:

- awaiting the splashing waves of hatred regarding the map pool -
damn you jenny :D
Topic Starter
Lapis-
By the way guys, if youre going to send me PMs asking for reschedules, don't be a muppet and have forum PM's disabled, please enable them!

COUGHS LOUDLY ROTOM
Topic Starter
Lapis-
Dminic drops out by request. Helix advances.

Edit: KawaiiKupcake does the same - Wookiezi advances
idealnettles
Having internet problems right now, will hopefully be sorted in time *crosses fingers*
IEatCookies
Having my game go down today, can't wait.
Topic Starter
Lapis-
New rule, effective immediately.

In the event both players don't turn up and there has to be a reschedule - both players will be contacted. If one player does not respond and the other does, after 3 days of when their match was due to be played, the player that didn't respond to contact will be disqualified and the other player will advance.
Jerome
A sound rule. There do seem to be a lot of no shows, people should at least try and reschedule if they can't make it. It might seem a bit nazi-ish but perhaps we should not allow people into future tournaments if they don't at least respond as to why they didn't show up
Topic Starter
Lapis-

Jerome wrote:

There do seem to be a lot of no shows

It wouldn't be OUKT without the no shows, would it >_>
bandofponies

PortalLife wrote:

Jerome wrote:

There do seem to be a lot of no shows

It wouldn't be OUKT without the no shows, would it >_>
Who would do such a thing?
Topic Starter
Lapis-
You would apparently.
Jimbot
Rotom BOYSSS...
Topic Starter
Lapis-
Group stage is drawn: http://challonge.com/oukt5finals Schedule has been added to the spreadsheet, Map pool soon to follow
Ommetaphobia
Jesse ur fkd m8
Topic Starter
Lapis-
Next week will be a BREAK week. Matches will resume on the 10th of October.
L britt
Sweet, i need a break after my 'well earned' place in the next round.
Topic Starter
Lapis-
Alright lads, break is up. This weekend we will have the RO16 + Losers R1. Map pool is out and schedule is coming ASAP.
Topic Starter
Lapis-
L britt forfeits due to confidental reasons. Whoever gets him in the Losers Bracket will also advance.
Cozzzy
Is this weekend a break? I can't find the mappool or schedule for tomorrow but maybe I'm just derping :lol:
Topic Starter
Lapis-
Because of delays from my end (Apologies) The matches will be delayed to next week. (31st) Sorry about this but lifes been ramming me as I started up University again and need to keep ontop of that.
Cozzzy
No worries, just making sure I hadn't missed anything. Good luck with uni stuff!
Topic Starter
Lapis-
For now the tournament will be put on hold until I can find some time to get it done.

Sorry about this.
Topic Starter
Lapis-
OUKT5 RETURNS ON FEB 20TH/21ST WITH THE SEMIFINALS AND LOSER BRACKET ROUND 4 + 5
Hydria
As PortalLife has passed host onto me, I will be presenting the GRAND FINALS OF OUKT5!

The match will be Doomsday vs bahamete, scheduled for 2nd April, 16:00 UK time, subject to availability, and is a BO13 (aka First To 7).

A few changes have been made regarding the mappool, as we've expanded the mod pools to allow more variety (as a 14 map nomod pool looks weighted compared to 2 map mod pools). The mappool can be seen here. Due to the mappool being so massive this time (a total of 31 maps), we've decided to give the players an extra set of bans, so they aren't left with too many choices for only one ban. You can see that in the updated rules below.

• Tournament Rules
  1. A player may only pick from each mod pool twice.

Match Rules
  2. Before the start of the match, both players are given two bans on maps from the map pool. This will go in the order of Loser, Winner, Loser, Winner. (based on !roll) Maps banned cannot be picked. For mod parts of the pool, only two maps from each mod pool can be banned. (You can only ban 2 HD, 2 HR, etc.)
  3. The game mode will be set to Head to Head.
The match will be streamed as usual on the OUKT Channel, with only minor changes to the layout.

Best of luck to both competitors for the finals, and we hope to see you there! :)
Hydria
After the unfortunate events that occurred today, a win goes over to doomsday, but since doomsday needed to win twice, we still have a match to play.

The match will be rescheduled to a currently unknown time, to which any win from either player will win the tournament.

Pay attention here for any future updates to schedules.
Hydria
The match has been rescheduled to Friday, 15th April at 19:00 UK Time (18:00 UTC).
Hydria
2nd reschedule to Saturday, 23rd April at 19:00 UK Time (18:00 UTC) due to unforeseen clashes in schedules that only arose today.
Jerome
Match has been pushed 1 hour back on the same day, the new time is Saturday, 23rd April at 20:00 UK Time (19:00 UTC)
Topic Starter
Lapis-
Its over.

OUKT5 is won by Baha, with his 2nd OUKT title in a row.

GG. Thank you for the memories over the years everyone who watched, played and staffed.