forum

kradness&Reol - Remote Control

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shiirn
Blue Dragon (as am I, and as most players, mappers, and modders) is (are) used to maps that have a roughly balanced set of difficulty parameters - that is to say, a map should generally focus on one aspect of challenge while providing a balanced set of base difficulty in all other points. For something like Ice Angel, the challenge is stamina and accuracy. For something like Furioso, the challenge is stamina and aim. For something like High Score, the challenge is aim and accuracy. But all of those maps have a "base line" challenge in the rest of the map. High score still requires stamina, and Ice Angel still requires aim, and Furioso still requires accuracy.

But this map has extremely low levels of challenge across the board, with the only point of difficulty standing out being the abnormally high accuracy challenge with very, very sporadic and brief (the longest jump section is 8 notes) aim challenges, which tends to inflate the resulting pp results without needing to increase the challenge of other aspects.

Hopefully that makes it a bit clearer as an example of what "pp mapping" tends to boil down to. In an ideal world, we'd have maps that could provide fair results for all forms of challenge that this game can bring, but that is a world that we will likely never see.
Sieg

Shiirn wrote:

But this map has extremely low levels of challenge
5.72 stars (c)

;w;
Mismagius

Sigi wrote:

Shiirn wrote:

But this map has extremely low levels of challenge
5.72 stars (c)

;w;
That's what he meant. Most of the map plays like a 4.5 star map with a few 5.7* jumps. That's not really the point of my post, though. I don't care much about the difficulty spikes (although yes, I disagree with them).
Sieg

Blue Dragon wrote:

That's what he meant. Most of the map plays like a 4.5 star map with a few 5.7* jumps. That's not really the point of my post, though. I don't care much about the difficulty spikes (although yes, I disagree with them).
right, you've interested me. and i've gotta agree on the spikes and imo they should be main concern for discussion here
01:29:859 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
01:35:677 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
01:41:495 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
01:46:404 (3,4,5,6,7,1,2,1,2,1) -
02:50:950 (5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
02:45:132 (5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
02:56:768 (5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
04:15:313 (5,6,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4) -
04:21:132 (5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
04:26:950 (5,6,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4) -
04:32:223 (3,4,5,6,7,1,2,1,2,3,1,2,3) -
-Makishima S-
Ok, so, played this few times, as someone who puts high pressure for acc and aim in nomod category - low mediocre rank feedback:

Low OD maps are main issue for me as nomod player, i tend to complain to friends a lot about "casual 180-190 bpm maps which are od7/od8 since they are perfectly playable with OD10". This map doesn't provide pattern challenge. In comparation to Glutamine or Saya, this one i could rate as easiest one in term of 3 remote control maps on OD9. Saya took me long time and i still cannot get it properly, Glutamine is still challenging in term on not jump spacing but how they are constructed. I ma perfectly fine with OD9.

Patterns are for most just copy paste and flip, i heared about being consistent with patterns for certain music parts but as many long maps differ some parts of patterns, this one have blatant copy paste.

As goes for streams, i have some kind of feeling that they are creating "music inside music from hitsounds". There is little to non feedback in music to them. They could be easiely changed to sliders / small jumps.

Jump section - oh boi. Why i feel it's just copying old Saya with this spacing ;w;

So well, after gathering my mind, i could rate this map as perfectly passable or even FCable for people ~10k rank who focus on short bursts / jumps / mediocre bpm.
fieryrage
Man I love post-rank modding
Ozato Fumika
게임은 즐기는 거라구~!!
ConsumerOfBean

after playing this for myself to see what the fuss is about, i feel that the od on this map is WAY too high, OR the map is WAY too easy. i have shit acc, but something just doesn't click while playing this, especially since this is a difficulty i feel comfortable with.
Topic Starter
Taeyang

Shioi wrote:

게임은 즐기는 거라구~!!
님!!! 지금 님맵 아니라곸ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Topic Starter
Taeyang
Ozato Fumika
Pls enjoy game

shoot dramas at your designated local cables
Topic Starter
Taeyang

Shioi wrote:

Pls enjoy game
Shiirn
Shitposting about drama doesn't mean there actually is any. I don't care how this is mapped, I simply explained why it's overscaled for the pp system. And people can and will dislike it for the same reasons it gives disproportionate amounts of pp. Nobody is asking for a derank and nobody is shitposting about how bad the map is - this is about as rational a discussion you can get and shitposting in response to it only shows immaturity.

People don't hate pp maps because they give lots of pp - Most of the really solid maps in the upper tiers of this game that give loads of pp are quite balanced. People hate pp maps because they don't like the imbalances they tend to have.

If it's "your style", then go on - fuck the haters. Only you can know for sure what you're mapping for.
Ozato Fumika
pls enjoy game
randomizer89

Shiirn wrote:

Shitposting about drama doesn't mean there actually is any. I don't care how this is mapped, I simply explained why it's overscaled for the pp system. And people can and will dislike it for the same reasons it gives disproportionate amounts of pp. Nobody is asking for a derank and nobody is shitposting about how bad the map is - this is about as rational a discussion you can get and shitposting in response to it only shows immaturity.

People don't hate pp maps because they give lots of pp - Most of the really solid maps in the upper tiers of this game that give loads of pp are quite balanced. People hate pp maps because they don't like the imbalances they tend to have.

If it's "your style", then go on - fuck the haters. Only you can know for sure what you're mapping for.
if map get tooo many pp... it's system problem of pp, not map problem.
Ozato Fumika
↑ exactly...

For those who are going to bitch more about this map, let me show you guys an example.

Let's put it this way.

Your class is taking an exam, and you see that question #5 is worth 5 points, but it is so easy.

On the other hand. you see other questions that are harder than #5 but only worth 2 points.

Of course, everyone in your class got #5 right and only those who are really good got the other questions right too.

In this case, would you go to your teacher and bitch about how #5 was easier than other questions and was worth more points therefore raising the average score in the class????

I don't think so.

Please enjoy game and learn to be thankful....
Natsu
Discussing a map in a healthy way is fine, and this discussion is totally fine, under my opinion, yeah the pp system is the problem, but then again some mappers loves to abuse the system, is like abusing bugs in a certain game.
Anyways if the map have good quality for rank, then it should not matter if the map is abusing the pp system or not, since sooner or later it will be improved, and Congrats for rank!
Doyak
I'll put my opinion here instead: https://ask.fm/Doyak/answers/135453468442
Beomsan
아이고 스레드 보니 난장판인거같은데... 고생한 만큼 보람을 느끼시면 좋겠습니다.
축하드려요~
Affirmation
those
For those of you that are complaining, you're doing it at the wrong time. Notice how there is a 6-day period of nothing in this thread from the time it was qualified. Learn to do it then, and perhaps the pool of ranked maps will have an increased average quality level.

Everyone needs to stop thinking that maps deserved to be ranked. You also need to stop thinking that disqualifications are negative/unnecessary.
-Makishima S-
I think it's more like advice for creator and actually comment on final creation (map in ranked status).
While qualified status noone is in this times sure if someone will from nowhere DQ it even without comments in thread (and it happend already).
Lunah
ayylmao copypaste