forum

kradness&Reol - Remote Control

posted
Total Posts
show more
ztrot
A difficulty's name must indicate its level of difficulty, with the exception of the hardest level of difficulty in a set. The mapset's hardest difficulty may use an appropriate custom difficulty name, unrelated to a username. Mapsets may also use a complete set of custom difficulty names that clearly indicate their level of difficulty to the player. Marathon maps with a single difficulty may use free naming.

So the problem here is the name you have chosen isn't really appropriate, I mean I get the idea you had coming into this. But think of someone that has never heard this song or has no relation to the content, it just looks like a jumbled mess. I think to compromise you could do something like A B START! or maybe something like Max control! These names at least give a bit of insight to how hard the map might be tbh the 2nd one I mentioned is the better of the two the 1st one is pretty lax but I want to try and help keep your vision.
Mint
While I can definitely see why people think such a long difficulty name isn't appropriate, I didn't want to force this on the mapper - as it DOES relate to the song.

I can't fully agree with the point 'it doesn't indicate the songs' difficulty' tho... I doubt 'Stardust', 'DREAMER', 'STAR PLATINUM', or any other difficulty like that indicates the map's actual difficulty at all (considering the player knows nothing about the song / the songs background). It's even stated in the rule itself. 'A difficulty's name must indicate its level of difficulty, with the exception of the hardest level of difficulty in a set.'. I hope people won't actually consider this as an unrankable issue, if it doesn't 100% indicate the maps' actual difficulty.

However, that people can view the length as inappropriate I can accept, so if it gets changed after all, feel free to call me back again!
ztrot
Yeah there isn't any hard feelings with this I just think it might be a good idea not to make the name so large, it doesn't break anything atm but we are simply asking if it is possible that the creator please change it to something with a bit more meaning and a little less longer on the size, there isn't anything that legit says he can not do this, but really it just feels out of place and over sized it is the lyrics in the song, I just don't think that is a good idea imo, like if I mapped a song from sonic adventure 2 namely city escape, I wouldn't name the diff Rolling around at the speed of sound got places to go got to follow my rainbow!
Topic Starter
Taeyang
I think the difficulty name should only be related to the song.
Regardless of the length, like there's no 'the best' way to map something, I think there's no 'the best' way to name a difficulty.
Of course a simple difficulty name is nice,
but I hoped people would feel the rhythm by listening the several-time-repeated lyrics from 00:04:041 (1) - to 00:38:950 (1) -
But since many people are suggesting and consider this negative, I'll change it.

I loved that "Max Control!" that ztrot recommended, so I'll change to it. :D
Doyak

Taeyang wrote:

I think the difficulty name should only be related to the song.
Regardless of the length, like there's no 'the best' way to map something, I think there's no 'the best' way to name a difficulty.
Of course a simple difficulty name is nice,
but I hoped people would feel the rhythm by listening the several-time-repeated lyrics from 00:04:041 (1) - to 00:38:950 (1) -
But since many people are suggesting and consider this negative, I'll change it.

I loved that "Max Control!" that ztrot recommended, so I'll change to it. :D
Translated by me
CLSW
Don't forget to remove me and spectator from tags.
Topic Starter
Taeyang

CLSW wrote:

Don't forget to remove me and spectator from tags.
oops XD
Tag,Unused hitsounds removed
Enon
매핑도 어려운데 영어는 더 어렵네요

보다가 슥슥 넘겼다
Albatro
무사히 잘 넘어가나 했더니 결국...ㄷㄷ 아쉽네요 전 뭔가 색다른 난이도 명을 좋아 하는데 말이죠
Equim
Can you at least leave CLSW a chance to say farewell relievedly? ;_;
Yuii-
Could you add the CtB difficulty in the description? Someone will like to try it out even if it's not going for qualify!
Topic Starter
Taeyang

Yuii- wrote:

Could you add the CtB difficulty in the description? Someone will like to try it out even if it's not going for qualify!
I already persuaded him several times,even now
But he don't want
Doyak
업로드가 아니라 그냥 외부로 링크 걸어놓는 것도 싫으시대요?
Topic Starter
Taeyang

Doyak wrote:

이미 오전에 이미 걸어뒀어염
(깜빡하고 잊어버림ㅁㄴㅇㄹ...)
Doyak
유이가 말한 게 그거라는 사실
CLSW

Doyak wrote:

그건 상관없습니다
Mint
Difficulty name got changed and The CTB diff has been removed.
So I guess I'll just rebubble (#1) this, good luck once again!
CLSW
불협화음과 불규칙에서도 예술을 볼 수 있으면 좋겠습니다. 틀에 박힌 사고방식으로는 아마 제 맵들을 이해하기 힘들거에요.
애초에 저 혼자 만든 난이도도 아니지만은... 이번 일로 정말 현 캐치 매핑계에 크게 실망했습니다.
Doyak

CLSW wrote:

사실 랭크맵이라는 것에 있어서는 창의성이나 독창성도 중요하지만 대다수 플레이어가 이해가 가능한 보편성도 중요시되지 않나 싶네요. 일단은 맵을 랭크시킨다는 것은 오스의 공식 비트맵이 되는 과정인데 오로지 매퍼 자신의 느낌을 100% 반영해서 다른 플레이어들이 납득할 수 없는 패턴을 만든다면 아무래도 보편적으로 받아들여지기는 힘들지 않을까요?
CLSW

Doyak wrote:

CLSW wrote:

사실 랭크맵이라는 것에 있어서는 창의성이나 독창성도 중요하지만 대다수 플레이어가 이해가 가능한 보편성도 중요시되지 않나 싶네요. 일단은 맵을 랭크시킨다는 것은 오스의 공식 비트맵이 되는 과정인데 오로지 매퍼 자신의 느낌을 100% 반영해서 다른 플레이어들이 납득할 수 없는 패턴을 만든다면 아무래도 보편적으로 받아들여지기는 힘들지 않을까요?
디퀄 원인을 살펴보시면 1/8의 쓰임이 안맞는다 점프 넣는 타이밍이 점프 거리문제다 라고 하고 또 분위기가 뭐 stronger sound여야 이러한 사항들이 납득이 되겠다고 하는데 분위기가 강하고 약하고를 이 곡에서 따지기엔 좀 많이 애매하다고 봅니다. 누구는 이 곡을 강한 분위기라고 생각하고 누구는 약하다고 하는 등 개인차가 있음에도 저런식으로 '이건 분위기가 약하니까 넌 그대로 따라가아해' 하는 식의 태도가 정말 마음에 안드는거에요. 저는 상당히 강한 편으로 느껴져서 그에 맞춰서 매핑한겁니다.

보편성 말씀하셨는데 일반 유저들/모더들의 패턴에 대한 클레임은 단 한번도 들은 적이 없었습니다. 다들 OK하는 눈치였고요. 저 역시 당연히 캐치 QAT으로서 일해본 적이 있었기에 이 쪽 관련해서는 누구보다 잘 안다고 자신할 수 있습니다.

또 애초에 스탠과는 다르게 저는 현 캐치 QAT들에 대해 딱히 신뢰가 가지 않는 편입니다. 솔직히 말해서 낙하산 인사로 뽑힌거같아요.

EDIT : 아 잠시만요, 아예 통째로 리매핑을 해서 낼 수 있다면 아마 캐치맵도 같이 랭크가 가능할 것 같습니다.

Affirmation

CLSW wrote:

hyouri
korean memes intensify
Sonnyc
05:00:859 (1) - 9초 짜리 스피너가 다소 부담스러우리만큼 길다는 느낌이 들었는데, 적어도 악기 소리가 들리는 05:08:404에서 끊어서 8초 스피너로 두는건 어떻게 보시나요?
Topic Starter
Taeyang

Sonnyc wrote:

05:00:859 (1) - 9초 짜리 스피너가 다소 부담스러우리만큼 길다는 느낌이 들었는데, 적어도 악기 소리가 들리는 05:08:404에서 끊어서 8초 스피너로 두는건 어떻게 보시나요?
ok spinner cutted at here 05:08:404 -
and i added N:C4 finish sound in spinner

HP7->HP6.5

hyouri wrote:

korean memes intensify
nevermind that's just joke ><
CLSW
Song's intensity is a subjective problem. It seems pretty similar as https://osu.ppy.sh/s/115193 this map though..
Myxo
Rebubble #1
Spaghetti
4 bubble quali inbound
Pho
Rebubble #2
Mint
Qualified.
Topic Starter
Taeyang
Let's try again ~! :3
Crystal
congratz

why is that ctb difficulty removed lol
Down
太棒了!
Ascendance

Crystal wrote:

congratz

drama
Crystal

Ascendance wrote:

Crystal wrote:

congratz

drama
k another fine drama :)
-Makishima S-
Congratz~~

Didn't expected to like Tayen pp patern abused map~~

Nice one mate, really nice one 8-)

/s
ClrSCR
HAHAHAHAHAHAH . . .
free DT
fieryrage
taeyang literally can't make a map without it getting called dt farm rofl

i actually feel kind of bad now considering he's not actually a bad mapper
Mahogany
Can we please not fault mappers for a flawed pp system thanks
Okoratu
nice, comfortable jump patterns; enjoyable
Mismagius
don't want to blame pp mapping like everyone else, but what exactly is the reasoning behind OD9?... the patterns are simple and the map doesn't have much to offer. It doesn't correlate to difficulty, song complexity, approach rate or anything at all. It should've been at most OD8.2 to fit with the AR, but it's ranked now so there's not much I can say. If you don't want to be called a pp mapper however, you might want to watch out as these issues seem to be completely done on purpose.
show more