forum

Integrated file sharing mumbojumbu

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Liiraye
I'd greatly appreciate an integrated part of osu (like osu!direct) where you can access your osu folder and send them instantly to others in osu.

This would simplify a lot in mapping, collabing etc... Just sending difficulties and adding them to the folder without leaving the game would be so helpful.

What do you guys think?
lingonberra
I approve bigtime! 8-)
Exa
Have osu folder open in the background, have puush downloaded search for the song find your .osu, Ctr+C and Ctrl+Shift+5 then copy and send the link.

It is litteraly a 15 second process..
Topic Starter
Liiraye
instead it could take 5 seconds 8-)

I get that it's not the biggest thing, but it would make things neater when handling mapping. Not having to resort to opening your own folders to do stuff in the game kinda makes sense doesn't it?
XinCrin
We have puush, works perfect ;)
Vesrand

Exa wrote:

Have osu folder open in the background, have puush downloaded search for the song find your .osu, Ctr+C and Ctrl+Shift+5 then copy and send the link.

Just navigating osu folder wiil take several minutes.You need to remember at what program files folder of what windows folder and on what hard drive osu folder is.

After that you have to launch searching though songs folder. Puting your tablet pen aside and writing song name will also takes some time and effort.

When you finally transmit your files to your friend (and it also could take some time because puush is always lagging) he will have to do same things in reverse order.

I'm not saying that this is realy hard work. Just telling that your argument about 15 seconds is invalid.
Piine
I find it funnier it takes me just a minute to upload something by using ShareX >3>
Bara-
Puush is fine
Topic Starter
Liiraye
yes puush is working fine, but that's not the point is it?

You could even use a way to allocate puush servers into file sharing through this integrated system if you think it's so great. Main point: I don't think going through your folders several times is a very efficient way of handling mapping. Seeing as peppy want people to use the osu folders less and less to edit things, I don't see the harm in something like this. You tell me if you'd use puush over something like this if it existed...
drum drum
why not just support
t/312710/
t/108829
Rilene
There's a bit of problem with puush though, it does not support some unicodes, screwing some of the metadatas though.

This might be useful, or instead, implement puush to support unicodes.
Karuta-_old_1
Please I need someone to send me the .osz file every time it is after 8pm here
Redon
Shohei Ohtani

Vesrand wrote:

Exa wrote:

Just navigating osu folder wiil take several minutes.You need to remember at what program files folder of what windows folder and on what hard drive osu folder is.

After that you have to launch searching though songs folder. Puting your tablet pen aside and writing song name will also takes some time and effort.

When you finally transmit your files to your friend (and it also could take some time because puush is always lagging) he will have to do same things in reverse order.

I'm not saying that this is realy hard work. Just telling that your argument about 15 seconds is invalid.
Bahaha this is actually really funny like you make it sound like a fucking adventure.

So i dont think anybody here is actually logically thinking so ill go ahead and give some osu! Folde strategies.

When you enter a beatmap in the editor, you can access the folder by going to "File > Open Folder (or something like that. Currently in bed so). Thats a simple process that makes things so much easier, since you dont have to make the magical trek between i guess like 30 hard drives to find osu! (Which downloads default to your Program Files (x86)). If youre having issues locating the folder, you can use the search bar on the top right hand side. But hobestly it sounds like youre just having issues with file organization, or making a small trek seem like a marathon.

You have the option of exporting an .osz of a beatmap in the editor too (and it even opens up the folder too), then use puush to upload that.

Working with collabs, .osu files are very small, and ive learned its even better to just send the file with just [TimingPoints] and [HitObjects], so I can just copy-paste it into the collab diff. Working with GDs, I guess it could work, but it seems like a lot of programming to be able to just send 10KB files, and honestly isnt that effective. Especially because Im assuming that this is done in the client, so if im offline or on irc, im still forced to use puush anyway :P.
Topic Starter
Liiraye
I know it's not top priority but it's a nice thing to have. I just always thought the way you have to go about making content for the game is kinda clunky and could be optimized.