forum

[resolved] Trackpad Stops Working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
plump
Problem Details:
It seems that whenever I plug in my tablet and start playing my trackpad will stop working. Whenever it happens I restart my computer, but it still happens when I plug in my tablet and start playing.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Mouse cursor will appear above in-game cursor. (Can't screenshot with cursor in pic)

osu! version: 20150826.3 (latest)
Vaporwave
Make sure your tablet drivers are up to date. Assuming you're using a Wacom tablet, make sure to save your tablet area dimensions if you use a custom one before you update,
as they will be deleted when you update. (but you can just set it back if you save the dimensions.)
Topic Starter
plump

[ Wolfy ] wrote:

Make sure your tablet drivers are up to date. Assuming you're using a Wacom tablet, make sure to save your tablet area dimensions if you use a custom one before you update,
as they will be deleted when you update. (but you can just set it back if you save the dimensions.)

Didn't fix it but thank you for the answer.
VeilStar
t/336730

Seems to be an issue for mac users. Not sure what exactly causes it though.

If you plug your tablet in and don't launch osu!, does your trackpad still work properly?
If so, does your trackpad stop working only when you plug your tablet in when osu! is already launched?
Topic Starter
plump

VeilStar wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/336730

Seems to be an issue for mac users. Not sure what exactly causes it though.

If you plug your tablet in and don't launch osu!, does your trackpad still work properly?
If so, does your trackpad stop working only when you plug your tablet in when osu! is already launched?
osu! off : Trackpad works perfectly
osu! on : Trackpad stops working after starting to play.
TheVileOne
Please check that your trackpad is being disabled. It should say it isn't enabled in your trackpad settings. I think your tablet may be disabling your trackpad when using raw input.
Topic Starter
plump

TheVileOne wrote:

Please check that your trackpad is being disabled. It should say it isn't enabled in your trackpad settings. I think your tablet may be disabling your trackpad when using raw input.
I actually haven't even been using raw input. I feel it slows the cursor so I disabled it. But still no change in how the trackpad freezes.
Topic Starter
plump
Somehow fixed the trackpad issue a few months ago, just checking raw input again fixed it. :)