forum

[invalid] Be able to grave pending maps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Negri_sk
Yes as the subject says i want to be able to grave maps by pressing a button in the pending slots just like resurrecting a map in the grave slots.
I find this quite a good idea since atleast for me all the maps i upload are not going for ranking actually and it is so very annoying when you want to start working on something for ranking but all the pending slots are taken.
Basicaly i map maps that are going for ranking and maps that are meant to be played for fun (unranked maps) and those that are meant to be for fun well i simply want to be able to grave them.
Now i am aware myself that there will be server problems with this probably if it got in the game so why not have it as a supporter thing or only be able to do it once every month?
Bara-
Hell no
Get ranked maps and you can upload more
Also, the cap is there to not let the database flow over with crap maps
sheela
Just let your beatmap rest until graveyard. If you upload a map that you won't be ranked, then use a file hosting site like Dropbox.
Shohei Ohtani
There is only so much storage space within osu!, and that storage space shouldnt be used to upload something that isnt going to be part of the game. the decision to not let people grave pending maps was literally made to dismotivate people from doing that. Even if it is a supporter only feature, its still taking up too much server space for something that honestly most people arent even going to play.

And I currently have the most graveyarded maps out of any mapper in this game so uhhh if anybody were to push for this, itd be me :P

Be happy youre allowed to upload and then send straight to grave. I remember (I think it was GladiOol or something) when someone had to delete some of their graved beatmaps because they were intentionally uploading stuff to let it grave.
drum drum

sheela901 wrote:

Just let your beatmap rest until graveyard. If you upload a map that you won't be ranked, then use a file hosting site like Dropbox.
http://osump.net/
Vesrand

Baraatje123 wrote:

Hell no
Get ranked maps and you can upload more
Also, the cap is there to not let the database flow over with crap maps

Reditum wrote:

There is only so much storage space within osu!, and that storage space shouldnt be used to upload something that isnt going to be part of the game.

Unranked map != crap map. I know a lot of unranked maps that are much better than some ranked crap maps. They are unranked just because they dont match some ranking criteria like difficulty spread.

Well I'm just pointing out. But yeah I agree that some irresponsible people can overload database with really crap maps.
WingSilent

drum drum wrote:

sheela901 wrote:

http://osump.net/
Such a nice uploader <3

About the suggestion, i don't really know, it is ... possible ? :(
deadbeat
i don't see this happening. if you can't wait to share maps when you have no map slots, host the .osz files elsewhere until you can submit them