forum

Hi! I'm new(ish...I've been on for 2 months now)!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BunPyon
I guess I'll introduce myself to the community since I'm playing so much. Hi, I'm Bun and I hope to one day complete even the toughest of maps! (Even with mods!) Any recommended songs or skills would be very helpful!
Also...how can I make the game lag as little as possible? (My laptop only has 1.4Ghz...*weeps*)
Annadine

BunPyon wrote:

Also...how can I make the game lag as little as possible? (My laptop only has 1.4Ghz...*weeps*)
Ugh... Mine is also just 1.6Ghz... I know that feel :?
My laptop used to lag a lot too. I disabled windows aero and use that old, classic windows theme (if you're a Mac user then I don't know). I also read somewhere that you should keep your desktop as 'clean' as possible. Uninstall useless apps. Umm, maybe you also need to close other applications while playing osu! (especially google chrome lol XD).
You should try entering full-screen mode too, it reduces the mouse latency. And always disable background video :>My laptop almost never lag anymore; and when it does, I would just restart and it would be ok again. I could restart my laptop like 3 times in a day if needed o.o
That aside, welcome to the forums :) And enjoy osu!~ :D

Best advice:
Practice.
Bara-
Welcome to the forums
Hope you enjoy it!
HazeL
I feel lag too XD enjoy osu
BleuVitriol
Welcome to the community. Don't be afraid to ask me questions that you have! Download beat-maps that have an option to not get the video, might help the map run more smoothly.
HaruryuuSan
Welcome to oss
HazeL
Fps control? Less graphics... better performance
HaibokuShounen
ok i would keep it on the stable version, no streams in the background use opengl version dimming at 100 welcome and thats all I have to say