forum

MULTI: Skip intro [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
awp
Game Host ticks a box that forces the intro of a map to be skipped (applies to everyone playing that match).

Things like Ready Steady Go have a good 30 some odd seconds of intro or something? And you have to sit through it.

Also, if in the future maps have storyboarded intros, this would have to be watched every time you played the map in multi and would likely grate at people's nerves? So it'd be handy for the host to make it skippable.
peppy
Sounds like a plan.
Gemi
Maybe add some sort of a warning or a bit of extra time for others to react when the skip is used in mp? An alternative would also be to require everyone to press the skip button, but it would allow someone to irritate the others by not pressing.
peppy
The countdown would still trigger, which should be plenty of time.
Gemi
The countdown might be disabled in a song?
YoshiKart
Maybe if the countdown is disabled, then the countdown's length of wait time still exists, but no countdown is heard or shown.

That's my take. ^_^
Echo
That's what happens already. Skip always skips to ~8 beats before the first beat, whether or not countdown is enabled.
peppy
Already added in latest public. Just clearing out some threads here :).

Download: Timbaland ft. Katy Perry - If We Ever Meet Again (Symbolic) [Armin & xxheroxx's Normal].osu
gaph2000
Even though it's already done, another option could make it so that all players must click skip before it will actually skip
Saturos

gaph2000 wrote:

Even though it's already done, another option could make it so that all players must click skip before it will actually skip
This is how it currently works.
ROMaster2
I think before you even added it, I was able to use the Space Bar to skip it instead.