forum

3D model option for Pippidon

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
6_6
My idea is that there will be an option for skins in the skin.ini, where you can choose to either use the regular textures, or have a 3D Pippidon model.

Basically, the 3D models would act like the Wii U versions of the game, like this:

The default one would be a Don model, but with the hair and bandana of Pippidon.
You would get to be able to either use a normal 3D model of Don, or have a custom model. (like made in blender or something along those lines) It would use skin textures that wrap around the model, like most 3D Unity games. It would make skinning a bit easier, and more customizing. :)
Shohei Ohtani
Go ahead and develop that, skipper.

Like, not to sound like a douche, but its really a little bit too much programming for something that really would be bothersome. In Taiko and osu!mania it could be okay, but in osu!standard and CtB, itd be a hinderance. Plus, what would the 3D model do? (On my phone so i cant watch the video). If its going to dance like in EBA, thats a LOT of extra programming for something that most people would turn off.

If you really want to push for this, try developing your own 3D mode of Pippi and go from there
Bara-
Dear no
It'll give too much lag
Just be an artist and skin it yourself
abraker
-- This message is from 2050 --

Osu! Is now fully 3D VR enabled game. Hitcircles can be hit in all 3 dimensions, fruit can be catched from above, taiko is fully 3D, mania is now played like this, and touhosu censored to prevent space-time anomalies.
Igoorx
I think this is impossible simply because the osu engine was not programmed to do things like that, and the game will lose its essence of being "simple", in addition to losing perfomace in old PCs or PCs without video card to add an unnecessary thing :v
drum drum
so like how will people be able to skin pippidon now
XinCrin

Taken from another rhythm game. Anyways I don't agree with this, I don't want a 3d peppy around me lol
Rilene

drum drum wrote:

Skin wrapping on 3D model.
Like the picture above.
drum drum

Sirade wrote:

drum drum wrote:

Skin wrapping on 3D model.
Like the picture above.
i forgot all about that concept