Vibrance Player (aka. Edge Player)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kyozoru
Cool! Too Cool!!!!! :D
nki
I have an idea:
Would it be very cool if it could actually play the song along with the hitsounds from the beatmap the song came from?
robflop
Whenever I have this application opened I am unable to use the ^ button on my keyboard, and the first letters of anything I type don't get picked up.

Also, according to a friend, the Apply button is redundant and Sorting by Interpreter / Title doesn't work.

Besides that I'm liking it tho... just curious about that file LoliFlan mentioned.

LoliFlan wrote:

Why are you putting a file in system32 o_O
By the way, is there a method to bind Pause, Next Song and Previous Song to keys?
I'd like to do that.
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

natsukagami wrote:

I have an idea:
Would it be very cool if it could actually play the song along with the hitsounds from the beatmap the song came from?
Could be really hard to implement, because the application would have to read the beatmap file, get the information where the hitsounds are, etc.

robflop wrote:

Whenever I have this application opened I am unable to use the ^ button on my keyboard, and the first letters of anything I type don't get picked up.
The problem with the ^ key will be fixed in the next version.

robflop wrote:

Also, according to a friend, the Apply button is redundant and Sorting by Interpreter / Title doesn't work.
What does your friend mean by "sorting by Interpreter / Title doesn't work"?

robflop wrote:

Besides that I'm liking it tho... just curious about that file LoliFlan mentioned.

LoliFlan wrote:

Why are you putting a file in system32 o_O
I've already mentioned that I fix the bug. This will be fixed in the next version.

robflop wrote:

By the way, is there a method to bind Pause, Next Song and Previous Song to keys?
I'd like to do that.
Not now, but I will implement this ASAP. Thanks for the idea :) For now, you can use your "media keys" on your keyboard to control the player (e.g. http://abload.de/img/unbenannt2rsky.jpg)

Anyway, thank you for your reply.
bl8ck
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Update 1.3 is out!
IMPORTANT: For now updates can not be installed over the updater! There are some problems with the host.
  1. Added (Uninstaller): If the shortcut of the application is on your Desktop, it gets deleted
  2. Added: You can now re-sync at any time by clicking on "File" -> "Re-sync songs"
  3. Added: You can now reset the application 'settings through "Extras" -> "Settings" -> "Reset settings"
  4. Added: Invalid database entries will be deleted before syncing
  5. Added: You can now remove directories from your sync ("Extras" -> "Settings" -> "Manage directories" -> Select the directory you want to remove from sync -> "Remove")
  6. Added: Right-click on a song, navigate to "Song" and click "File information" to show you some basic informations about the song
  7. Changed: Blurred images now need less space on your drive
  8. Changed: The text fades out in the widget when too big
  9. Changed: Songs are now sorted
  10. Changed: The media control icons in the taskbar are now bigger and white
  11. Fixed (Installer): The application name was wrong
  12. Fixed (Installer): The shortcut had no icon
  13. Fixed (Uninstaller): The application name was wrong
  14. Fixed: The player tried to save a file to system32 (wtf?)
  15. Fixed: Smaller bug fixes
  16. Removed: The apply button in the settings window was useless
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Update 1.3.1 is out!
  1. Fixed: New graphics didn't load in the taskbar
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Finally, Update 1.4 is out!
  1. Added: Fullscreen feature! Press F12 to switch to fullscreen, press Escape to close fullscreen.
  2. Added: Play songs per drag & drop OR right-click in your explorer and select the player in the "Open with" dialogue
  3. Changed: The icon has now a winter-like apearance
  4. Changed: A new shiny progress bar and a new tab control ^-^
  5. Changed: The width of the tap pages changes with the width of the tab control
  6. Changed: The last played song starts now instantly instead of waiting for the sync to complete
  7. Changed: The installer, the uninstaller and the updater got a visual update!
  8. Fixed: Sometimes the player widget has displayed Play instead of Pause or vice versa
  9. Disabled: Updates, because I can't afford the server costs at the moment
This is the last update for this year. Merry christmas and a happy new year!
XinCrin
Are you using wpf for the GUI?
It would be cool if you add a kind of spectrum while playing the song, Some time ago I made a music player and I used bass.net library for the music playing and spectrum visualization but using winforms
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

XinCrin wrote:

Are you using wpf for the GUI?
It would be cool if you add a kind of spectrum while playing the song, Some time ago I made a music player and I used bass.net library for the music playing and spectrum visualization but using winforms
No, I am using Windows Forms :3
I thought about an audio spectrum too but I think wit NAudio this will be hard to achieve. Let's see what I'll add to the next version ;)

Edit:
Just wanna show you how the next version could look because I am switching the audio libary from NAudio to Bass (Bass is the better alternative with equalizer, faster processing, visualizer, etc) :
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Update 1.4.1 is out! (And this time it really is the last update for the year^^)
  1. Changed: The windows is brought to the foreground if you trying to start the player twice
  2. Fixed: The Previous button didn't work
  3. Fixed: An exception was displayed when trying to start the player twice
XinCrin
Yeah it looks much better and yeah, you can do more interesting things with bass.net
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Just a "small" update of how the player looks so far:

The update will probably be ready in the following weeks :3
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Hey guys, I am back with a new feature, which enables you to add lyrics to your favorite songs! In the following video I demonstrate you this feature: https://youtu.be/O4uSpqsqLns
Roth
Awesome
RabbitHouseCafe
Found a bug: Pressing \ on the keyboard makes the player crash. It only happens when you are playing music in the background so if the mini-player is showing.
jyling

TheOnlyUnknown wrote:

Found a bug: Pressing \ on the keyboard makes the player crash. It only happens when you are playing music in the background so if the mini-player is showing.
not only it crashes, it also make the mouse buggy (the clicking cause the mouse input click+shift) which can be fixed by rebooting
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

jyling wrote:

TheOnlyUnknown wrote:

not only it crashes, it also make the mouse buggy (the clicking cause the mouse input click+shift) which can be fixed by rebooting
Thanks for reporting, I'll try to fix this bug asap.

EDIT: I tried every single key on my keyboard while the player was minimized and it didn't crashed. Maybe I fixed it without noticing it :D (The new update contains a LOT of new stuff and fixes)
KisamItachi
I cannot download it...
Pawsu

Might wanna fix that. :p
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Pawsu wrote:

Might wanna fix that. :p
Ty, I will fix that immediately! (Bitbucket makes changes without informing me, yay)

EDIT: Link is fixed
-[H i K a R i]-
Please help me when I'm going to open it he error Stopped Working :(
Sorry my bad english. Thanks
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

-[H i K a R i]- wrote:

Can you please post the log here? (under "C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Edge player\log.txt")
-[H i K a R i]-

bl8ckdr8gon wrote:

-[H i K a R i]- wrote:

Can you please post the log here? (under "C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Edge player\log.txt")
It is the first time I install OSU! Music player, I do not have the folder Edge player.
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Whoops, I meant osu! Music Player, sry ;D
Well, I will release an update today, so please be patient :)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Update 1.8 is out!
  1. Re-enabled: The update server is back online!
  2. Added: You can change the display format of the time by clicking on it
  3. Added: Visualizations
  4. Added: 10 band equalizer with preamplifier
  5. Added: Songname, author and album are now shown in the right upper corner of the player
  6. Added: The cover has a small reflection effect
  7. Added: An option to deactivate the feature which hides the program in your taskbar
  8. Added: Create keybinds for your "Media keys" (Play, Stop, Next/Previous song)
  9. Changed: Changed the colors of the player
  10. Changed: New checkboxes :3
  11. Changed: Switched from NAudio to Bass.NET
  12. Changed: New graphics!
  13. Changed: Changed the settings dialog a little bit
  14. Changed: The overall UI looks better
  15. Changed: Moved the directory sync to the footer
  16. Changed: Moved the "Search for updates" menu item to "Network"
  17. Changed (Directory Manager): "Cancel" is now "Close"
  18. Fixed: Some grammar mistakes
  19. Fixed: Fixed a bug where changes to your settings didn't apply properly
  20. Fixed: Fixed some bugs with the synchronisation
-[H i K a R i]-
He is still the error, but the Windows Vista operating system, I tested it on Windows 10 Pro and was perfect, has a chance to have support for Windows Vista?
Thank You for the update. :)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

-[H i K a R i]- wrote:

He is still the error, but the Windows Vista operating system, I tested it on Windows 10 Pro and was perfect, has a chance to have support for Windows Vista?
I will try to fix that ;)
-[H i K a R i]-

bl8ckdr8gon wrote:

-[H i K a R i]- wrote:

I will try to fix that ;)
Ok man thanks ;)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Update 1.8.1 is out!
  1. Fixed: The application could not start on devices running Windows Vista (thanks for letting me know, -[H i K a R i]-)
  2. Fixed (Installer): The Lyrics Creator was installed even if you've not selected the option
  3. Fixed (Installer): The Lyrics Creator shortcut didn't worked
-[H i K a R i]-
The program opened perfectly, thank :)
Kaiden Mikami
You should add a "Mod Selector" because there are musics that are better with DT/HT/NC
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Kaiden Mikami wrote:

You should add a "Mod Selector" because there are musics that are better with DT/HT/NC
I will try to add that in the next patch ;)
Pawsu
got this weird error, but everything seems to be fine
http://rainy.s-ul.eu/hFpJs0ZU
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Pawsu wrote:

got this weird error, but everything seems to be fine
http://rainy.s-ul.eu/hFpJs0ZU
Whoops, forgot to take that out. This was just a check if you have Windows 7 or higher.
Amaikai
There is bug which clears found songs list when detecting finishes. While program is detecting, all the songs work fine on songlist but it gets cleared upon finishing and only last played song is stored. Stats window says 0 songs while it's detecting.

Empty:
http://puu.sh/nIwYF/c0f66864f9.png

Detecting:
http://puu.sh/nIx67/a2217369cb.jpg

Somewhat relevant technical details:
Win10
Program running from C:, songs at G: drive
Running jap locale (¥ for path variables inside cmd instead of /)
Didn't test how it works on US-locale, ask and I can.
There is chance my songs folder has partially corrupted maps
There are unicode filenames in songs folder

Stack trace from log:
Oops! Something went wrong in the synchronisation process! Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and count must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: count
at System.String.Remove(Int32 startIndex, Int32 count)
at osu__Music_Player.Form1.SyncSongs_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Have fun debugging
-Programmer
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Amaikai wrote:

There is bug which clears found songs list when detecting finishes. While program is detecting, all the songs work fine on songlist but it gets cleared upon finishing and only last played song is stored. Stats window says 0 songs while it's detecting.

Empty:
http://puu.sh/nIwYF/c0f66864f9.png

Detecting:
http://puu.sh/nIx67/a2217369cb.jpg

Somewhat relevant technical details:
Win10
Program running from C:, songs at G: drive
Running jap locale (¥ for path variables inside cmd instead of /)
Didn't test how it works on US-locale, ask and I can.
There is chance my songs folder has partially corrupted maps
There are unicode filenames in songs folder

Stack trace from log:
Oops! Something went wrong in the synchronisation process! Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index and count must refer to a location within the string.
Parameter name: count
at System.String.Remove(Int32 startIndex, Int32 count)
at osu__Music_Player.Form1.SyncSongs_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Have fun debugging
-Programmer
Thank you very much for your report, I will look into this ASAP. It could be your locale, I'll try to set up a japanese Windows virtual machine and test the app on it. (corrupted maps usually show a messagebox saying "Unable to play this song!", and unicode filenames shouldn't a problem either)
TheMeq
The application cannot find any of my songs, even if I set the correct directory for them, for some reason it manually adds an entry to a folder that doesn't even exist, and the application disables the buttons so I can't remove it.

Also, do you even have any error checking on this?

Pressing play on the application even if there are no songs produces an index out of range error. You need to add error checking for literally everything...
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

TheMeq wrote:

The application cannot find any of my songs, even if I set the correct directory for them, for some reason it manually adds an entry to a folder that doesn't even exist, and the application disables the buttons so I can't remove it.

Also, do you even have any error checking on this?

Pressing play on the application even if there are no songs produces an index out of range error. You need to add error checking for literally everything...
Which operating system do you use? Are there any files with unicode characters in one of the beatmap names? (╔ for example) It would be helpful if you would send me a screenshot with the stats window of the player ("Extras" > "Stats")

The "Index out of range" message will be fixed in the next update
TheMeq
Here you go, no unicode names that would cause an issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d2erqsu47lph ... TtMya?dl=0

Also, for a brief second, if I click Re-sync songs, it pops up with "Detecting Songs (1/841) - Songs" in the status bar. I have more then 841 songs, but it doesn't put them in the list anyway.

Thanks
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

TheMeq wrote:

Here you go, no unicode names that would cause an issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d2erqsu47lph ... TtMya?dl=0

Also, for a brief second, if I click Re-sync songs, it pops up with "Detecting Songs (1/841) - Songs" in the status bar. I have more then 841 songs, but it doesn't put them in the list anyway.

Thanks
I'll look into this and try to fix that ;)
show more