forum

LGBT+ osu! players

posted
Total Posts
show more
Granger
Hello Tumblr, remember that hugboxes and echochambers are of little value.

momp wrote:

I'm panromantic and demisexual?
Now i can understand panromantic (Basically biromantic for people who think bisexuality is not special enough) but what the hell is demisexual? What sex are you attracted to?

As for myself, i am just plain bisexual. This means i am attracted to all of the two sexes, both sexually and romantically.
FuZ
What the fuck is LGBT, looks like a sect
Miuyarai

FuZ wrote:

Hopefully this isn't a complete troll, but LGBT stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender.
FuZ

Nanodermic wrote:

FuZ wrote:

Hopefully this isn't a complete troll, but LGBT stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender.
No it's not, for once. I don't understand the point of this thread tho
Miuyarai

FuZ wrote:

I just don't understand the point of this thread
Sometimes people can be really ignorant towards someone's sexual orientation, and so I guess this thread, according to the OP is a social/emotional support base, per se.
joi-

Nanodermic wrote:

FuZ wrote:

I just don't understand the point of this thread
Sometimes people can be really ignorant towards someone's sexual orientation, and so I guess this thread, according to the OP is a social/emotional support base, per se.
I hope you don't get this wrong but being ignorant and being rude are two different things. To be honest you can't expect people to pick their words carefully every time they say something.
Do note that I'm just being an idiot here and haven't bothered to even read the whole thread, so I'm purely moving based on assumptions here.
Granger
You know, i am supportive of LGBT, but id like to keep it down to earth and based on facts, sadly what tumblr perpetuates went to orbit and beyond. Theres hundreds of sexes, genders and whatnot and each has atleast a few dozen sexualities. According to Tumblr.

Real life has these:
Sexes: Male, Female. (And intersex which is one of the previous two but malformed)
Genders: Male, Female.
Sexualities: Homosexual (the same), Heterosexual (the other), Bisexual (both) and Asexual (Not sexual, ie neither.)

And Transgender doesnt even has anything to do with LGB because it is not a Sexuality but is packed in there anyways because people used tho think transgender people are just hyper-gay.

Edit: Forgot about asexuals. Everyone tends to forget them, somehow...
kirueggy

FuZ wrote:

I don't understand the point of this thread tho
A thread for LGBT osu! players to hang out and chill and discuss their own thing without fear or being criticized somewhere else... unfortunately this thread already went to shit real quick
joi-

kirueggy wrote:

FuZ wrote:

I don't understand the point of this thread tho
A thread for LGBT osu! players to hang out and chill and discuss their own thing without fear or being criticized somewhere else... unfortunately this thread already went to shit real quick
Isn't to be expected, these kind of threads always draw attention as they are meant to be support clubs of sorts.

I don't mean to discourage making threads such as this, but not expecting this to happen just strikes to me as being naive.
Yuudachi-kun
There's no reason other than to discuss how special you are. Hey dude I'm gay. Yeah me too. Cool.
Miuyarai

joi- wrote:

I hope you don't get this wrong but being ignorant and being rude are two different things. To be honest you can't expect people to pick their words carefully every time they say something.
I meant people were ignorant towards what their sexual orientation actually means and uses it as a means to be rude. I just didn't elaborate too far because I don't want to look on the dark side of things in a thread of which I do not apply to.
Hika
yooooooooooooooo
Topic Starter
momp

Granger wrote:

Now i can understand panromantic (Basically biromantic for people who think bisexuality is not special enough) but what the hell is demisexual? What sex are you attracted to?

As for myself, i am just plain bisexual. This means i am attracted to all of the two sexes, both sexually and romantically.
demisexual is basically not feeling attraction to someone until you've formed a bond with them. you can read more about it here. and bisexual is attraction to two or more genders, while pansexual is attraction to all genders. similar, but they still have differences.
kirueggy

Khelly wrote:

There's no reason other than to discuss how special you are. Hey dude I'm gay. Yeah me too. Cool.
FuZ

Khelly wrote:

That's what i was thinking
Topic Starter
momp
if you all really think there's no reason to have this thread then i'm fine with it closing. it derailed fairly quickly which honestly i should have expected. it was just something i wanted to try.
kirueggy
Hey, I actually like this thread and its idea. The only people that I know who are LGBT irl are my two uncles and a classmate of mine, and I've always wondered how having a gay friend on the internet is like lol
Granger

momp wrote:

Granger wrote:

demisexual is basically not feeling attraction to someone until you've formed a bond with them. you can read more about it here. and bisexual is attraction to two or more genders, while pansexual is attraction to all genders. similar, but they still have differences.
So... which sex are you attracted to?
Honestly, why has it to be a destinct sexuality to make romantic relationships out of your normal relationships? Its just redunant. It doesnt even tell me to which sex(es) you're attracted to... within your friends, so it isnt even helpful as therm, wouldnt you agree? Remember, sexualities are supposed to be a therm to identify which sex(es) you're attracted to.
For what its worth, i am not dating someone who i dont even know either, but i feel no need to invent a special therm for it. Most people are like this actually.

"Bi" means two, twice or both. A bicycle does not have two or more wheels either. (dictionary.reference.com/browse/bi-)
For that matter, "Demi" means half, lesser or partially. Not friend.

How many sexes are there? could you please list them for me and explain me their sexual characteristics?

I say theres only two sexes. Two is all of them, so if bi means two, its both of them, ergo them all, which makes pansexuality which means all rather redunant, wouldnt you agree again?

kirueggy wrote:

I've always wondered how having a gay friend on the internet is like lol
Its just like having a friend on the internet, except he likes guys. You're not missing much.
Granger
Ok, reading trough the link you gave me, what is the difference between sexual attraction and sexual feelings? Attraction is a feeling.
chaee
If you want a safe place for all sexuality and genders, go to tumblr or some other whiny website. Who literally gives two wangs about your sexuality on a weeby pink game. (This coming from a pansexual female)
Topic Starter
momp

Granger wrote:

So... which sex are you attracted to?
Honestly, why has it to be a destinct sexuality to make romantic relationships out of your normal relationships? Its just redunant. It doesnt even tell me to which sex you're attracted to... within your friends, so it isnt even helpful as therm, wouldnt you agree? Remember, sexualities are supposed to be a therm to identify which sex(es) you're attracted to.
For what its worth, i am not dating someone who i dont even know either, but i feel no need to invent a special therm for it. Most people are like this actually.

"Bi" means two, twice or both. A bicycle does not have two or more wheels either. (dictionary.reference.com/browse/bi-)

How many sexes are there? could you please list them for me and explain me their sexual characteristics?

I say theres only two sexes. Two is all of them, so if bi means two, its both of them, ergo them all, which makes pansexuality which means all rather redunant, wouldnt you agree again?
i'm attracted to all "sexes", and all genders. sex ≠ gender, though. gender is how you identify and has nothing to do with your anatomy. intersex people exist as well, which is also why i'm kind of against the use of sex in reference to gender. sorry if that doesn't make sense. (link talks about genitals so beware)

about gender, there are tons of genders out there. some may argue that tumblr invented them or whatever, but people going against the societal gender binary have been around for a while, but due to how socially unacceptable it was, nowadays it just seems like some new thing where suddenly everyone is trans. this explains the whole sex vs. gender thing a little better.

often, at least for me anyway, such specific terms like demisexual are used so people have something they can identify as and feel comfortable as. they look at a term for gender or sexuality and be like "hey, that's just like me!". it's not a matter of feeling special, but more of a sense of belonging and feeling proud of who they are, at least the way i see it. i don't really get why people are so quick to make fun of others just for being comfortable with themselves.

Granger wrote:

Ok, reading trough the link you gave me, what is the difference between sexual attraction and sexual feelings? Attraction is a feeling.
attraction and feelings are the same thing. romantic and sexual are two different things, though.

i hope that all makes sense. if you have more questions i'm happy to answer them.
Granger

momp wrote:

i'm attracted to all "sexes", and all genders. sex ≠ gender, though. gender is how you identify and has nothing to do with your anatomy. intersex people exist as well, which is also why i'm kind of against the use of sex in reference to gender. sorry if that doesn't make sense. (link talks about genitals so beware)

about gender, there are tons of genders out there. some may argue that tumblr invented them or whatever, but people going against the societal gender binary have been around for a while, but due to how socially unacceptable it was, nowadays it just seems like some new thing where suddenly everyone is trans. this explains the whole sex vs. gender thing a little better.
I know all this about sex ≠ gender already but i dont know why you bring it up, theres no need to, note how i was using sex to refer to the sex and not to the gender? (Still, it might be usefull for other people reading this.)

often, at least for me anyway, such specific terms like demisexual are used so people have something they can identify as and feel comfortable as. they look at a term for gender or sexuality and be like "hey, that's just like me!". it's not a matter of feeling special, but more of a sense of belonging and feeling proud of who they are, at least the way i see it. i don't really get why people are so quick to make fun of others just for being comfortable with themselves.
Please compare this to a ballclub. Why is it not enough to belong to the ballclub, but it has specifically to be the softball club? Of course, with this analogy you could argue that theres quite a difference since softballs are floppy and soft, while footballs are hard, however is it really this much of a difference between being attracted to someone and being attracted to someone from you friends?

attraction and feelings are the same thing. romantic and sexual are two different things, though.

i hope that all makes sense. if you have more questions i'm happy to answer them.
Well, the link you gave me differs between these two, stating that Demisexuals have no sexual attraction but sexual feelings, explaining it with that sexual attraction is not something you choose but sexual feelings are.
Ok, nevermind, i missread. Moving on.

In any case, thanks for answering my questions.
Yuudachi-kun
I'm convinced people keep making up genders in order to "specifically describe" how they feel about themselves.
B1rd

momp wrote:

what i mean by "allies not speaking over lgbt peers" is that allies do not deal with the same things that lgbt individuals do, and thus they shouldn't try and invalidate those experiences. i'm not great at explaining things but that's the best i can say it. and when i say "safe space", i mean a place where those in the lgbt spectrum can talk without being ridiculed or judged, which is kind of what you're doing by calling my preferences fake and stupid. sure, you can have your opinions, i really don't care what you think about me, but the point is that this specific thread isn't meant to be the place for it.
And I'm saying that safe space hugboxes have no place on this forum. There are plenty of sites like that on the internet but this one isn't going to be one of them as far as I can help it. Talk about your tumblr sexualities all you want but don't expect not have people give their opinions about it.

Nanodermic wrote:

Honestly, it's B1rd and he's given me sh!t before so don't bother to take any from him.

incoming witty comment from B1rd about how I am an X and was wrong about Y in thread Z
Don't remember you.

Khelly wrote:

I'm convinced people keep making up genders in order to "specifically describe" how they feel about themselves.
People make up all sorts of redundant terms so they can feel special and play the identity politics game.
deletemyaccount
Why can't we be friends
Granger

Philantropist wrote:

Why can't we be friends
counter question: Why cant friends have differing or opposing oponions on things?
deletemyaccount

Granger wrote:

counter question: Why cant friends have differing or opposing oponions on things?
They can, it's just that everyone is so concerned with ME ME ME ME ME that they can't accept the idea that other people are different
Granger
Also B1rd, judging on how OP answers my questions and stuff i dont feel like this is a echochamber/hug box, you may have overreacted a little....
B1rd

Granger wrote:

Also B1rd, judging on how OP answers my questions and stuff i dont feel like this is a echochamber/hug box, you may have overreacted a little....
No, that's what he's saying he wants it to be.
kirueggy

B1rd wrote:

Khelly wrote:

People make up all sorts of redundant terms so they can feel special and play the identity politics game.
Reminds me of the time where people introduced "demiboy/girl" to the long ass list of gender identities, and it means that you "partially" identify as a boy or girl. Like go ahead and label yourself whatever you want but just remember you will always be stuck born as one of two things; a man or a woman
Granger

kirueggy wrote:

you will always be stuck born as one of two things; a man or a woman
Not quite accurate (Trans people and them transisitoning is a thing) but this demigirl/boy fad was, for lack of a better word, pretty stupid.
Id respect these things much more if they'd actually do it rather than just say how special they are. Like, you identify as dog? Go and act like one, dog.
Cthru
I mean, don't get me wrong, im not about to bash, but I feel like this thread is misplaced.... like there are no threads for race and age, why should there be one for gender? The reason why we don't put up our faces as the profile pictures unlike something like facebook is because we don't really represent ourselves as the people we are in real life, we're here to play a game about clicking buttons and to talk about it and things relating to it.... idk just my opinion
Railey2

B1rd wrote:

Thanks deadbeat, you know how much I love to be silenced for speaking my opinion.

Railey2 wrote:

B1rd's and Alucard's criticism seems rather misplaced here. This thread is not an "overblown liberal parade" (great way to put it, Reditum). It's just meant as a platform where people can talk in LGBT-context. Nothing bad about that, although it is fair to question if there is a need for this platform.

To me it seems like you two got triggered by certain keywords (probably "safe, panromantic, demisexual") and instantly switched into a must-battle-tumblr-mindset.
Read what shes actually saying, don't get carried away.
I'm not triggered by those words. I just find these made up sexual preference terms stupid and thus I mock them. I did read the OP in fact, and the words that triggered me were 'safe space' and 'Allies are welcome to join the discussion as well as long as you do not speak over the voices of your LGBT peers'. These words are straight from the progressive college campuses where men get lynched for false rape allegations without a shred of evidence and people get expelled for speaking conservative opinions. It's this 'your rights end where my feelings begin' and 'free speech is a hate speech' mentality that I have a problem with and has no place in a forum which purpose is to discuss things. If you want me to not speak out against these things then you're gonna have to perma-ban me.
triggered in a sense that you heavily associated them with the movement you mentioned, instantly stopped thinking about what she was saying, and switched in your "must-fight-tumblr"-mindset. You just confirmed what I was saying. You even confirmed the keywords I mentioned.
I understand the association, but as I said, its totally misguided here. I doubt that OP identifies with modern age, men-suppressing, raging, lunatic "feminism". I doubt that anyone of that ideology is present here.
primrose
The thread started like, 2 days ago. Why is there already a drama holy shit
Faust

fallist wrote:

The thread started like, 2 days ago. Why is there already a drama holy shit
Statistically, clearly not fast enough.

To be vague on topic, I have more or less the same standing as Granger on this.
B1rd

Railey2 wrote:

triggered
Look

I read the OP in its entirety

and I think what was said is stupid even if it wasn't associated with anything else
silmarilen

Granger wrote:

softballs are floppy and soft.
Softballs are actually quite hard and i don't really understand where the name comes from. It's like those americans calling a game that barely uses feet 'football'.

I can understand where b1rd comes from with the attacks he made towards the mentioning of safe space, since it has been used in negative ways to hurt people who just wanted to voice their opinion. But can't we just have a nice thread about a certain subject without people bashing on it for once?
EneT

Hika wrote:

yooooooooooooooo
Yoooooooooo.

Well this thread was a nice read.
Yuudachi-kun

Granger wrote:

kirueggy wrote:

you will always be stuck born as one of two things; a man or a woman
Not quite accurate (Trans people and them transisitoning is a thing) but this demigirl/boy fad was, for lack of a better word, pretty stupid.
Id respect these things much more if they'd actually do it rather than just say how special they are. Like, you identify as dog? Go and act like one, dog.
Keyword: Born

Trans cannot change what you were born as
Miuyarai

B1rd wrote:

Nanodermic wrote:

Honestly, it's B1rd and he's given me sh!t before so don't bother to take any from him.

incoming witty comment from B1rd about how I am an X and was wrong about Y in thread Z
Don't remember you.
Good.
show more