forum

LGBT+ osu! players

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
momp
I think it's important that everyone feels welcome and safe in the osu! community, and I haven't seen any threads regarding this, so I've decided to create a little hub for the LGBT+ players of osu!.

If you'd like to start by introducing yourself, including your name, identities, interests, etc., that'd be really great! If you aren't comfortable sharing that's totally fine too, I understand. Allies are welcome to join the discussion as well as long as you do not speak over the voices of your LGBT peers.

Players of all ages are welcome here. You are never too young or too old to discover who you are. I'm also open to PM's in-game and through the site if you ever need/want to talk. I'm not great at giving advice but I'll do my best.

No bullying or discrimination of any sort. This is meant to be a safe space for all sexualities and genders. Harassment will not be tolerated and you will be reported.

I'll go ahead and introduce myself. I'm momp, but you can call me Hailey if you want. I'm panromantic and demisexual, and I go by she/her or they/them pronouns. I'm really into anime and cartoons, and I also enjoy drawing and singing. I've been playing osu! for almost 4 years, and I mostly play standard but I'm also experienced in CTB.

So what's up?
kirueggy
Please, oh please, lord Jesus that this thread doesn't go to shit.

Hello, momp. Welcome to the forums from both myself and the rest of the community. I'm that guy at school who gets called gay for supporting LGBT people, but there is always ignorance in the world... I guess straight people can't act nice to anyone
E m i
hi
Topic Starter
momp

kirueggy wrote:

Please, oh please, lord Jesus that this thread doesn't go to shit.

Hello, momp. Welcome to the forums from both myself and the rest of the community. I'm that guy at school who gets called gay for supporting LGBT people, but there is always ignorance in the world... I guess straight people can't act nice to anyone
i'm hoping this thread goes well too. i was kind of worried about making this because i've seen how this stuff gets treated around here.

Momiji wrote:

hi
hi, welcome!
Nepeta Leijon
hihi i'm really glad we have a thread here!!

i'm expecting at least 3 trolls coming in here to say shit tho
HaruryuuSan

kirueggy wrote:

I'm that guy at school who gets called gay for supporting LGBT people, but there is always ignorance in the world... I guess straight people can't act nice to anyone
same ;w;
Shohei Ohtani
Hi

I really feel like having a thread like this isn't super neccessary, as the LGBT community is well integrated into the game and it's not that big of an issue to where a separate segregated thread is needed.

But I guess it's more of a support center building and peer development thread so that's cool
B1rd

momp wrote:

No bullying or discrimination of any sort. This is meant to be a safe space for all sexualities and genders. Harassment will not be tolerated and you will be reported.
haha take your safe space authoritarian progressive bullshit back to Tumblr, you have no authority here. We say what we like.

momp wrote:

I'll go ahead and introduce myself. I'm momp, but you can call me Hailey if you want. I'm panromantic and demisexual, and I go by she/her or they/them pronouns.
Hello I am a genderfluid omnisexual transracial fish-kin, nice to meet you. My pronouns are he/she/zhir/thon/bun (check my blog to find out which one I am currently identifying as).
mouse_old_1
yeah dude im gay too
Shohei Ohtani

B1rd wrote:

momp wrote:

haha take your safe space authoritarian progressive bullshit back to Tumblr, you have no authority here. We say what we like.

momp wrote:

I'll go ahead and introduce myself. I'm momp, but you can call me Hailey if you want. I'm panromantic and demisexual, and I go by she/her or they/them pronouns.
Hello I am a genderfluid omnisexual transracial fish-kin, nice to meet you. My pronouns are he/she/zhir/thon/bun (check my blog to find out which one I am currently identifying as).
Like it's B1rd so I pretty much expected him to not understand that not everything is a overblown liberal parade like the internet makes it out to be but still.
B1rd

Reditum wrote:

Like it's B1rd so I pretty much expected him to not understand that not everything is a overblown liberal parade like the internet makes it out to be but still.
The OP is almost beyond parody, but you're already so deep in the progressive mindset you can't even tell.
Topic Starter
momp

B1rd wrote:

momp wrote:

momp wrote:

i understand if you don't agree with me but i'll kindly ask that you don't do that here. not that i expect you to listen to me but it'd be much appreciated.

to everyone else, hello and thank you for the support!
Alucard
I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful.
I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body.
From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly.
If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.
Railey2
B1rd's and Alucard's criticism seems rather misplaced here. This thread is not an "overblown liberal parade" (great way to put it, Reditum). It's just meant as a platform where people can talk in LGBT-context. Nothing bad about that, although it is fair to question if there is a need for this platform.

To me it seems like you two got triggered by certain keywords (probably "safe, panromantic, demisexual") and instantly switched into a must-battle-tumblr-mindset.
Read what shes actually saying, don't get carried away.

Good luck with the Thread, OP.
deadbeat
now now. play nice or go away
Zerostarry
im cute-sexual
B1rd
Thanks deadbeat, you know how much I love to be silenced for speaking my opinion.

Railey2 wrote:

B1rd's and Alucard's criticism seems rather misplaced here. This thread is not an "overblown liberal parade" (great way to put it, Reditum). It's just meant as a platform where people can talk in LGBT-context. Nothing bad about that, although it is fair to question if there is a need for this platform.

To me it seems like you two got triggered by certain keywords (probably "safe, panromantic, demisexual") and instantly switched into a must-battle-tumblr-mindset.
Read what shes actually saying, don't get carried away.
I'm not triggered by those words. I just find these made up sexual preference terms stupid and thus I mock them. I did read the OP in fact, and the words that triggered me were 'safe space' and 'Allies are welcome to join the discussion as well as long as you do not speak over the voices of your LGBT peers'. These words are straight from the progressive college campuses where men get lynched for false rape allegations without a shred of evidence and people get expelled for speaking conservative opinions. It's this 'your rights end where my feelings begin' and 'free speech is a hate speech' mentality that I have a problem with and has no place in a forum which purpose is to discuss things. If you want me to not speak out against these things then you're gonna have to perma-ban me.
Topic Starter
momp

B1rd wrote:

I'm not triggered by those words. I just find these made up sexual preference terms stupid and thus I mock them. I did read the OP in fact, and the words that triggered me were 'safe space' and 'Allies are welcome to join the discussion as well as long as you do not speak over the voices of your LGBT peers'. These words are straight from the progressive college campuses where men get lynched for false rape allegations without a shred of evidence and people get expelled for speaking conservative opinions. It's this 'your rights end where my feelings begin' and 'free speech is a hate speech' mentality that I have a problem with and has no place in a forum which purpose is to discuss things. If you want me to not speak out against these things then you're gonna have to perma-ban me.
what i mean by "allies not speaking over lgbt peers" is that allies do not deal with the same things that lgbt individuals do, and thus they shouldn't try and invalidate those experiences. i'm not great at explaining things but that's the best i can say it. and when i say "safe space", i mean a place where those in the lgbt spectrum can talk without being ridiculed or judged, which is kind of what you're doing by calling my preferences fake and stupid. sure, you can have your opinions, i really don't care what you think about me, but the point is that this specific thread isn't meant to be the place for it.
kirueggy
sacré bleu people would it ever kill to have a day where LGBT people and straight people don't spend their time stabbing each other in the mouth i honestly wanted to just casually talk with LGBT people in this thread but nope instead I see classic typical "freedom of speech so I can become a cunt for just this occasion" shit. unbelievable
Yuudachi-kun
Do I count as a member of the LGBT community?

Yes or no I still think threads like these are dumb and safespace hugboxes are too
troke
wat
Miuyarai
SPOILER

B1rd wrote:

Reditum wrote:

Honestly, it's B1rd and he's given me sh!t before so don't bother to take any from him.

incoming witty comment from B1rd about how I am an X and was wrong about Y in thread Z
Granger
Hello Tumblr, remember that hugboxes and echochambers are of little value.

momp wrote:

I'm panromantic and demisexual?
Now i can understand panromantic (Basically biromantic for people who think bisexuality is not special enough) but what the hell is demisexual? What sex are you attracted to?

As for myself, i am just plain bisexual. This means i am attracted to all of the two sexes, both sexually and romantically.
show more