forum

[resolved] My osu is completely broken.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xiniox
Problem Details: So, this happened just an hour ago when I woke up, I've been searching around for solutions and have found nothing. Yesterday I was playing osu! and everything was completely fine. When I woke up, I tried to play osu!, and I noticed the sound was gone. I checked my volume, it was at 30%, like it always is. I thought the sound problem would dissapear if I played a song, so I booted up a random beatmap. But when I tried to click the circles it wouldn't even register my clicks. My cursor expanded when I clicked so I didn't press the wrong keys, but the game didn't want to "click" my circles, but for some odd reason it still registered sliders. And I also noticed the game isn't picked up in the Windows Volume Mixer, it doesn't exist.

I always play on Cutting Edge, so I tried going back to Stable, still the same problem. I have no idea what to do, and I need some help.
MillhioreF
osu! needs audio for its timing to function correctly, so the only actual issue here is that osu! has no audio. Check the options menu to make sure a valid audio device is selected; if it is (and sound works in other programs) you probably just need to restart your computer.
Topic Starter
Xiniox
I already tried restarting my computer, no difference :/

I also tried both my audio options (Default and Realtek) which made no difference.

EDIT: I managed to fix it. It appears that "Sound Blaster Cinema 2" had failed to recognize osu!. I reinstalled it and osu! is now working properly!
Trosk-
Well, I doubt this is gonna work but give I think it's worth to give it a try.

Go to your installation folder, copy "osu!.exe", paste it into a new and empty folder, and then run it. It will download the archives again on that folder. If it's still not working after that, I guess that you have a problem with your audio device/drivers.