forum

Yu_Asahina - Trickstarz [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
hi19hi19
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 at 2:00:35 AM

Artist: Yu_Asahina
Title: Trickstarz
Tags: Stepmania Yu_Asahina Trickstarz
BPM: 177
Filesize: 7211kb
Play Time: 02:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. STEPMANIA - 4Key (5.64 stars, 2179 notes)
  2. Hard - 4Key (4.04 stars, 1608 notes)
  3. Medium - 4Key (3 stars, 1258 notes)
Download: Yu_Asahina - Trickstarz
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Converted from Stepmania.
Originally released in Super Revival Pack 2015
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz ... p?t=142388
Original file by hi19hi19
Conversion by Gazelle
NoSaucierMagic
24.303- i think the here relation of the beat sound pitch to the next one after it is not so good maybe can be rereviewed sry englis not so good but good map
Eiuh
cool map, dunno how i'm here though...

staiain? doesn't ring any bells
Frustration
stepmania detected
Gazelle
00:00:658 (658|0) - intro could use more holds :^)
Fullerene-
Might mod this later, but just a small note:
Substituting 1/8 (32nd) sounds for 1/6 (24ths) is considered not rankable.
Topic Starter
hi19hi19
Well the hardest chart has 32nds going to actual 32nds.
And then easier charts have 24ths and 16ths going to actual 32nds. In order to make them easier.
I assume the reverse is more acceptable?

This file has been reviewed at least half a dozen times before, so it shouldn't be too time-consuming to mod.
But what I definitely need help with is o!m-specific stuff (like health drain?)

Also not sure if I need one more easier difficulty. If I do, I can definitely add one, I know exactly how I'd step it.
Shoegazer
You need a chart that is 2 stars or below. The gap between each difficulty shouldn't be beyond 2 stars, but 1.5 to be safe.

For the sake of clarity, Accuracy difficulty = OD. I'd recommend this:
Easiest - OD7/HP7
Medium - OD7/HP7
Hard - OD8/HP8
STEPMANIA - OD9/HP9
Topic Starter
hi19hi19

Shoegazer wrote:

The gap between each difficulty shouldn't be beyond 2 stars, but 1.5 to be safe.
Hopefully not an issue in this case, with the jump to the highest difficulty being 1.6, but good to know.
I would struggle coming up with an elegant way to add a difficulty between the two. Light 24th JS?
I would greatly prefer not having to do that...

Shoegazer wrote:

You need a chart that is 2 stars or below.
This is what I was worried about. I will go fix that quickly at some point, maybe next week when I have time.
The chart I have in mind should be 1.5-2 stars, though I don't know much about the o!m difficulty algorithm so I could have to fiddle with it a bit.

Shoegazer wrote:

For the sake of clarity, Accuracy difficulty = OD. I'd recommend this:
Easiest - OD7/HP7
Medium - OD7/HP7
Hard - OD8/HP8
STEPMANIA - OD9/HP9
Okay, I will apply these settings when I add the Easiest chart.
Thanks for the help.

If possible, I would like feedback on the hold notes.
There's not many in each chart, but since holds work differently in o!m I want to make sure they are not awkward.
Should I extend them to the end of the beat, or keep them ending slightly before the next beat like is common in Stepmania?
Alternatively, should I remove them?
Shoegazer
I haven't really looked at the chart yet (if it's the same as the chart in Super Revival, I'll look at it from there) but I feel that the difficulty gap is fine. The star rating system is mainly used as a guideline, but streams are generally underrated and I highly doubt Trickstarz [Hard] is just 4* to begin with.

A 1.5-2* chart is mainly 4ths and 8ths.

(no kudosu please, I shouldn't get kudosu in my first post but it's no big deal.)

EDIT: Difference between Hard and STEPMANIA is fine, there's no other way you can make it harder unless you want to layer jumps to the 24ths, which I don't think is a good idea.
Topic Starter
hi19hi19
Even though it was in the finals mappool, did this file even get played once in an actual match? lol oh well

I hope I am okay to edit it now, though.