forum

So how can we find a BN to check our maps on earth?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jogfi2002
It is really like buying lottery when you try to find a BN.

Many of them are INACTIVE or have stated for REFUSE ACCEPTING for months.
Some of them are not likely to reply you because you are not their friend.

So what hell are the BNs for? Just a title seems awesome?
Why not move the inactive ones out and absorb more active members into the BNG?
Mappers should have a better way to get maps ranked. Maps is the most critical part to osu!.
Bara-
Believe me
As a BN my self, too many people request things
I decline a lot just because I'm not a bubble machine
Heck, I wouldn't even be surprised if my icon count per month is the highest of all (not that that's a great thing)
Also, last time, new BN weren't acceppted as there were too many, and we have caps
We can qualify up to 6 maps per day
As there are many BN, this is easily reached.
Also, most of the time, the map in common isn't just good enough
We almost always rank the outstanding maps, not the good ones, cause we have that cap

Oh, in case you didn't knew, getting into BN is hard, 180+ kudosu, 8 mods per month, high quality
This is to prevent troll ranking

Also, try to get much more SP, especially if you have no ranked maps
Oh, do M4M with BN, you mod their map, then they'll mod yours
But know, a mod doesn't guarantees an icon

orz, I'm soo bad at making a 'story' out of it. It just seems like random sentences
Mao
Some BNs also have modding queues, try your luck and find one that is open in the modding queues subforum. Otherwise yeah, private messages are a way to ask them but you can't be sure they will accept it.
xxdeathx
Before I was BAT, and after I joined, I was extremely active, modding like 15-20 maps per month and iconing most of them. Later I get more busy due to school and now full time work, it's tiring.

We get many requests every day and have to refuse most of them if we don't feel like it, you have to understand checking a map in detail can take a long time depending on the song length and number of rechecks. Usually i say no to a map because of reasons such as the song is long, the map quality is poor, I dont like the song, the mapper is not my friend, and so on. The more busy I feel the more I have to like the map to accept the request. These reasons I listed, you should try to minimize them with whoever you request - that much you can control.
Topic Starter
jogfi2002
Thank you all for replying.

Yes, I do understand that everyone has his personal matters to do.
And myself is getting more and more busy after graduation, so I can hardly hold so many Japanese Games translation projects like I did when was in university.
So I really understand what you want to express and feel grateful to the efforts you have been making.

But the situation has not changed a bit since I start to play osu! (about five years ago), or from when I start to map (about three years ago).
I just wondering why PPY does not build up anything better for mappers and BATs/QATs to make the process more smooth?

Also, I think there must be someone had spoken something to PPY.

What I want to say is, there should be a way of ranking for mappers who do not post on the forum everyday but keep working on his single map in a long time scale. You have to admit, it's very difficult for someone that not engaged in "social networking" to get a BN to see your map.

Thank you.
Myxo
The system is being worked on and discussed every day. It is way too complicated to explain it in detail here.

My question is, why don't you get friends with BNs, if others can get to mods in this way? BNs have high standards and they are doing this job voluntarily, so of course they mod maps they really like (mainly maps from experienced mappers) or maps from friends. Instead of asking for mods, try talking to them, asking for testplays to tell you what's wrong with your map etc.
Frim4503
just give up to find BN.
try to find mods and testplay your maps.
if you rush your map, it will end up in pending list with just only bubble icon
Raiden
Or not even bubble xd

Also yes, get mods, more mods, and even more mods. Also, mod yourself too
Topic Starter
jogfi2002

Desperate-kun wrote:

The system is being worked on and discussed every day. It is way too complicated to explain it in detail here.

My question is, why don't you get friends with BNs, if others can get to mods in this way? BNs have high standards and they are doing this job voluntarily, so of course they mod maps they really like (mainly maps from experienced mappers) or maps from friends. Instead of asking for mods, try talking to them, asking for testplays to tell you what's wrong with your map etc.
As I said above, not everyone have so much time to make friends with a bunch of BNs or posting on the forum or talk in-game everyday.
You understand BNs are doing voluntarily so they prefer maps from experienced mappers or friends, why don't you understand that mappers are also making maps voluntarily?

I have tried to talk to BNs for test play, but few of them will even reply you!
Yes, I can find many friends to test my map and give a lot of suggestions, they are all experienced players. So what? None of them has the power to give me a bubble even he think my map is really good.

In the other hand, I can see maps that are really boring or even sucking ranked everyday. You mean those are something 'high quality' and have been checked by two or more BNs? No, I just can't understand.

You have to admit this system is not friendly to mappers cannot pay much time on the forum and talk or 'make friends' with others.
Maybe you can just say, osu! is just not caring about those kind of mappers. Well, if so, that will be even a better answer for me, so I can give up making any map and leave here happily.

Frim4503 wrote:

just give up to find BN.
try to find mods and testplay your maps.
if you rush your map, it will end up in pending list with just only bubble icon
There are already more than 15 mods in my map now.
And it is over 1.5 year since I started this map.
Kibbleru
here's a secret:
if you ask a bn and they deny. most of the time is because they don't like your map. but they're too nice to say something like 'your map is shit' or something. so they make an excuse or smthing.

(i havent seen ur map so im not talking about you specifically)
Bara-
That's also true
I prefer not replying instead of replying in such negative manner
Mafumafu
Anyway I could add that, doing M4M would give more possibility. You can see that most of the BNs don't accept NM requests and honestly speaking the queue slots are quite rare, but there're some BNs who prefer accepting M4M requests, this is also a nice way of requesting a check from a certain BN member.
Additionally, M4Ms could improve your mapping and modding skills in the meanwhile making you more famous in the community, once you are making decent maps with high quality and becoming more and more famous, it would not be a (too) huge headache for you to request something from BN members. (You can even try to be BN yourself!)
Bara-

Regraz wrote:

Anyway I could add that, doing M4M would give more possibility. You can see that most of the BNs don't accept NM requests and honestly speaking the queue slots are quite rare, but there're some BNs who prefer accepting M4M requests, this is also a nice way of requesting a check from a certain BN member.
Additionally, M4Ms could improve your mapping and modding skills in the meanwhile making you more famous in the community, once you are making decent maps with high quality and becoming more and more famous, it would not be a (too) huge headache for you to request something from BN members. (You can even try to be BN yourself!)
This
Just this
I hardly accept anything which is not a M4M
Those other cases were because I had a quick look and I liked it, they are my friends, or the mapper is awesome (talk 0108, skystar, BD, fanzhen etc.)
Those can Always contact me (not that I'll accept it these days due to busy with school, but whatever)