Chewin
AWWW THANK YOU BIANCA <3
Satellite
Topic Starter
Chewin
*---* thanks!
Konei
No words, this is just awesome.

I will approve this when the cap is reset!
Satellite
Be careful

nominating nominator within 12 hours after qualification.

gl :3
Topic Starter
Chewin
I love you guys thank you so much for your support, really ♡
Yea Satellite we can wait *0*
Konei
Approved.
meii18
Complimenti Bia! :D
Topic Starter
Chewin
I just wanted to thank everyone who supported this and helped me to get it approved.
I just hope it won't be unqualified because I can't log in this game anymore, it would be rip probably T_T

Thank you so much to everyone, especially to BiaBia for 1st bubble, Satellite for 2nd and Konei for approval!

OzzyOzrock
Gratz chewin :3
Raiden
dem son

sir `L,,,`

itelien mepper drekenfors gud ye dem OzziOzrok break ´,,,J´ dem lel XD
Spazza17
Why is the audio quality so low though? Here

SPOILER
HP4 seems too low and almost feels like playing with no-fail, although Lesjuh used HP3 in the past so maybe it's cool

Congratz :lol:
Topic Starter
Chewin
Is really the audio quality so low? I even didn't notice it since I think it's perfectly ok °O° BNs didn't complain about it.
Well, it's not that bad tho. Not a 1969 file.
BTW I used HP 5 (it was 3 before) to keep the same lesjuh's low settings. Welp, thank you guys for gratz!
Bara-
Gratz!
alacat
Yes Chewih :D
BAldoTridentE
Grande cheeeeew :3
BlasterONE
gratz chewin :p
fartownik
05:10:037 (1) - Clearly 1/3 and would play/sound better as 1/3 (preferably repeat sliders since a 1/3 stream out of nowhere among 1/4 streams would certainly catch players off-guard).

About AR 8.5, it's obviously your own decision as a mapper to set the AR to whatever you like, and most likely no one is going to convince you to change it, but I'd like to say one thing while I'm at it. By setting the AR to what you have right now you basically restrict, and furthermore, discourage most of the players from playing it. The map's main difficulty right now is the note density and there's very few people around that are fond of this type of challenge, perhaps you should think whether sacrificing your map's playability for the sake of 'respecting' lesjuh's mapping style is actually worth it. I'm pretty sure most of the people capable of playing old lesjuh's Dragonforce maps would enjoy his maps better with AR9 or higher. More, maybe I'm assuming things, but I'm pretty sure lesjuh himself would set the AR to a higher one if he was mapping those maps today.

You will obviously do as you please, just dropping by with my two cents.
meii18

fartownik wrote:

05:10:037 (1) - Clearly 1/3 and would play/sound better as 1/3 (preferably repeat sliders since a 1/3 stream out of nowhere among 1/4 streams would certainly catch players off-guard).
The current one sounds good as I can see and it follows the guitar really nice in my opinion
Buttercup
congrats chewin, awesome map :)
Der

fartownik wrote:

The map's main difficulty right now is the note density and there's very few people around that are fond of this type of challenge[...]
As you said, this map is meant to be a challenge, not a map that you're going to play no-stop. And tbh this is a lot more playable than some Dragonforces...
Charles445

fartownik wrote:

05:10:037 (1) - Clearly 1/3
Went to check, not 1/3, guitarist is just struggling to keep up. It's 1/4 at that timestamp.
xxdeathx

fartownik wrote:

About AR 8.5, it's obviously your own decision as a mapper to set the AR to whatever you like, and most likely no one is going to convince you to change it, but I'd like to say one thing while I'm at it. By setting the AR to what you have right now you basically restrict, and furthermore, discourage most of the players from playing it. The map's main difficulty right now is the note density and there's very few people around that are fond of this type of challenge, perhaps you should think whether sacrificing your map's playability for the sake of 'respecting' lesjuh's mapping style is actually worth it. I'm pretty sure most of the people capable of playing old lesjuh's Dragonforce maps would enjoy his maps better with AR9 or higher. More, maybe I'm assuming things, but I'm pretty sure lesjuh himself would set the AR to a higher one if he was mapping those maps today.

You will obviously do as you please, just dropping by with my two cents.
this is pretty much my reasoning behind why i think the low AR is a poor choice, but when i tried to argue it on disqus everyone turned off topic and made it about me rather than the map
Charles445
The most important discussion would, to be honest, be stream quality. I've heard varying reports, but I'm not the intended audience for this so I can't be 100% certain.

The streams are made with grid snap on.
Usually when making streams you turn grid snap off.

Leaving it on makes streams not smooth and have varying spacing in-between.
Sellenite

xxdeathx wrote:

this is pretty much my reasoning behind why i think the low AR is a poor choice, but when i tried to argue it on disqus everyone turned off topic and made it about me rather than the map
candle
Topic Starter
Chewin

Charles445 wrote:

The most important discussion would, to be honest, be stream quality. I've heard varying reports, but I'm not the intended audience for this so I can't be 100% certain.

???????????????????????????????????
Rapthorn

Chewin wrote:

Charles445 wrote:

???????????????????????????????????
What i think Charles means is that you mapped the streams with grid snap on, which causes them to be unevenly spaced

Examples: 04:52:407 (2,3,4) -
04:58:187 (3,4,5) -

This one shows it pretty well
07:08:312 (3,4,5) -
Topic Starter
Chewin
Got it AR 8 Haters ^_______^
Squigly
all ar aside because i like low ar, i still dont agree with your speed ranking your map.

but if you want your maps to be shit after putting hard work into making them then so be my guest.
Yunomi
my memes will go on
ac8129464363
good job showing how reasonable and mature you are by dismissing actual concerns with something completely unrelated
Saoji
It's barely noticable, even les noticable in game play. As long as it's not 0.1 higher or lower I think it's fine.
Xantaria
Sad ... this had much much potential but this is not even close to lesjuh style. Your short sliders within streams made it a lot worse. Lesjuh only puts Repeat Sliders with multiple repeats into his streams to give a small break inbetween. He NEVER uses single short sliders.

Spaghetti did it right
Jenny did it right
Chewin did not :(

You have created a reading challenge whereas lesjuh's maps are the opposite. Despite their low AR they are perfectly readable.

Also I think by now AR 8 is outdated. It was the norm for maps like this back then. By now maps like this are played best with AR 9-9,3.
Der

Xantaria wrote:

Spaghetti did it right
Jenny did it right
Chewin did not :(
You can't say who did right nor who did wrong, cuz everyone has his own style. This map resemble Lesjuh's style, but actually it was made by Chewin.

Xantaria wrote:

You have created a reading challenge whereas lesjuh's maps are the opposite. Despite their low AR they are perfectly readable.
Also I think by now AR 8 is outdated. It was the norm for maps like this back then. By now maps like this are played best with AR 9-9,3.
If outdate means the majority can't play it you would have been right, but you aren't. The AR is a mapper's choice, as Chewin say in the comments right below the Beatmap.
Topic Starter
Chewin
I have said "inspired to" and not "this is a lesjuh copied map".
It's my map :)