forum

Quad Aces o!m Tournament (#20,000-∞) [Registration Closed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kaito-kun

In the currently on-going 4KMWC, various countries choose their best players to compete against each other for the cup, but I gotta ask, "What about the beginners that also want to feel the thrill of being inside a tournament?". Well, this tournament is for those begginers who want to participate in a tournament, but have yet to develop any outstanding skill:

Tournament Rules

• *This is a 1v1 single elimination tournament, meaning, one match lost and you are out, no second chances.
    *Matches played will be a BO7, meaning that first to win 4 maps, wins the match
    *This tournament is only for players who are ranked higher than #20,000 (#20,001, #20,002...).
    [list:1337]If you surpass the maximum range before the tournament starts, you'll be removed, so be careful with that.
*Max number of players for this tournament will be 16.
*This tournament will only be 4K, because 7K is rare along these ranks
*Only Hidden, Flashlight and Fade In mods will be allowed for use in the tournament, all other mods are forbidden for use
*Mappools will consist of 9 maps, 8 Freemods and 1 Tiebreaker (TB is also Freemods).
  • Mappools' difficulty will range around 2.5*-3*
  • Tiebreaker will only be played when match score reaches 3-3.
*Before the match starts, 2 warmups will be played, one chosen by each player
  • Warmup needs to be Mania 4K (no other modes/keymodes), and cannot be longer than 5 minutes nor Not Submitted
*This tournament will be scheduled using European Time Zone, and we are not at fault for any inconvenient times, so enter at your own discretion
  • Even tho this tournament will use European Time Zone, anyone can join, no matter the country
*Round of 16 and Quater-Finals will use the same mappool, and the Semi-Finals and Finals will use the same mappool too.
  • Mappools will be released one week before the matches (September 13th and 20th to be exact)
How to register

To register this tournament, you will have to PM me this information:
  • Username
    osu!mania Rank
    Email
We'll use your email to invite you to a Slack server, where all of the information wil be sent, so make sure to be active there. (Please contact me if you don't receive a Slack invitation on your email)
Anyone who fails to comply with this will be ignored until he/she follows the right registering procedure.

Schedule

Registration Open: August 24th
Registration Closed: September 11th
Round of 16 and Quarter-Finals: September 19th-20th
Semi-Finals and Finals: September 26th-27th

Staff

Organizators: Kaito-kun, Animetor, Lino1000
Referees: Kaito-kun, asdfghjkl609, Play, Dionysaw, Strangeangels, Cryztallize,Tracreed, IronicOxydant, Deviant, ForeverFabulous, Gluray, Ambient, ahsoka08, Ezzaro14, Alvi15, Scaroxa
Map selectors: Kaito-kun, AlexDB2x, Dionysaw, Alvi15, PixelAngel
Streamers: Animetor, PixelAngel, Laconid, Tracreed, Ezzaro14
Commentators: Animetor, PixelAngel, EpikIMMORTAL, Kyonko Hizara, _-Sakuya-_, Tracreed, ahsoka08

Prizes

1st Place: 1 year of supporter
2nd Place: 5 months of supporter
3rd Place: 2 months of supporter

Main thread may be subject to changes through this few days, so keep that in mind. (Changes will be announced via a post)
Vaporwave

Kaito-kun wrote:

*This tournament is only for players lower than #20,000.
  • If you surpass the maximum range before the tournament starts, you'll be removed, so be careful with that.
Is this for below rank #20,000 (19,999 and under), or is it for players above 20,000? (20,001 and above).

Also, will this be streamed?
Topic Starter
Kaito-kun

[ Wolfy ] wrote:

Kaito-kun wrote:

*This tournament is only for players lower than #20,000.
  • If you surpass the maximum range before the tournament starts, you'll be removed, so be careful with that.
Is this for below rank #20,000 (19,999 and under), or is it for players above 20,000? (20,001 and above).

Also, will this be streamed?
I think I made a small error, tournament is for players who are ranked higher than #20,000 (20,001 onwards. Made it more understandable now.
Regarding the stream, yes, we have plans to stream the tournament
Aleppie
name: alif akmal
osu mania rank: 22000 (i swear)

JUST LET ME ENTER
princesswell
name: princesswell
osu mania rank: 42 000 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

alif and me most legit over 20k players I swear maybe show match?
Aleppie
show match can be fun
Minhtam
Honestly, I don't see how you are going to get a lot of players on this one. I'm ranked #25005 on osu!mania, but I've used the USA rankings as a reference to what mania maps to focus on, and from what I can tell, I'm moving up the country rankings faster than I am the overall rankings, which tells me there aren't of players (outside Korea) that are playing mania at the moment.
Topic Starter
Kaito-kun

alif akmal wrote:

name: alif akmal
osu mania rank: 22000 (i swear)

JUST LET ME ENTER
No :v

Princesswell wrote:

name: princesswell
osu mania rank: 42 000 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

alif and me most legit over 20k players I swear maybe show match?
Call me when you create a more elaborate lie XD.

alif akmal wrote:

show match can be fun
I'll think about it for the end of the tournament.

Minhtam wrote:

Honestly, I don't see how you are going to get a lot of players on this one. I'm ranked #25005 on osu!mania, but I've used the USA rankings as a reference to what mania maps to focus on, and from what I can tell, I'm moving up the country rankings faster than I am the overall rankings, which tells me there aren't of players (outside Korea) that are playing mania at the moment.
Actually, there are lots of players playing mania at the moment. Not only pros, but also new players that came to mania interested in the mode (recently, the number of new players is higher than I have ever seen, even in my country). Idk how USA rankings are, but probably you are at a level in which every player has a 1pp difference between them (just an assumption, not to be taken seriously), so maybe that's why you go higher easier than overall (which having in mind the new players coming in swarms, there is a lot of competition worldwide around there).

Anyways, I don't see the difficulty regarding getting players around that rank, but thanks for your concern.
princesswell

Kaito-kun wrote:

But that was best lie 2k15. :( But for real I hope this tournament will be a success (and maybe you can organize one for higher rank players later)
And I'm ready to play a show match with alif if possible
Topic Starter
Kaito-kun

Princesswell wrote:

Kaito-kun wrote:

But that was best lie 2k15. :( But for real I hope this tournament will be a success (and maybe you can organize one for higher rank players later)
And I'm ready to play a show match with alif if possible
Thx. Maybe we'll do a tournament for higher players in the future, but not for the rest of the year as things currently stands (the QA schedule is full for this year, and there's also the 4KMWC going on for all of September, and the 7KMWC on November/December, so there's also that). I'll look into it to make a tournament for the higher players, but for now, I want to give the lower ranked an opportunity to participate in one, as small as it may be :P.

About the showcase match, I'll think of it, I'll tell you about it when I have everything sorted out
MaKappa
NAME: SteardierLOKI
Topic Starter
Kaito-kun

SteardierLOKI wrote:

NAME: SteardierLOKI
Please follow procedure, you forgot the Email and you need to PM me the information, not post it :P
Minhtam

Kaito-kun wrote:

Minhtam wrote:

Actually, there are lots of players playing mania at the moment. Not only pros, but also new players that came to mania interested in the mode (recently, the number of new players is higher than I have ever seen, even in my country). Idk how USA rankings are, but probably you are at a level in which every player has a 1pp difference between them (just an assumption, not to be taken seriously), so maybe that's why you go higher easier than overall (which having in mind the new players coming in swarms, there is a lot of competition worldwide around there).

Anyways, I don't see the difficulty regarding getting players around that rank, but thanks for your concern.
If what you're saying is true, they certainly aren't coming from USA. The PP for USA rank #20,000 is increasing as slow as molasses...
princesswell

Kaito-kun wrote:

About the showcase match, I'll think of it, I'll tell you about it when I have everything sorted out
Okay

Minhtam wrote:

If what you're saying is true, they certainly aren't coming from USA. The PP for USA rank #20,000 is increasing as slow as molasses...
At least in Finland the amount of players has been increasing in the past 6 months. For example the amount of pp I had when I got into top 20 is now barely enough to get into top 50. So the amount of players shouldn't be a problem.
Aleppie
inb4 S P A C E T I M E for the tiebreaker of the finals
princesswell

alif akmal wrote:

S P A C E T I M E
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ S P A C E T I M E Hype boyz ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
TrueLucifer
Horey sheet. *Mania improvement intensifies*
Aleppie

Princesswell wrote:

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ S P A C E T I M E Hype boyz ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
tutututu teeeeet teeeeet
Topic Starter
Kaito-kun
Prizes have been decided for the First, Second and Third Place!

1st Place: 1 year of supporter
2nd Place: 5 months of supporter
3rd Place: 2 months of supporter
Kimitakari
Name : Nelly
E-mail : duckapp1@gmail.ru

And is this will be only 4K?
Vaporwave

Nelly wrote:

Did you read the page at all? o_o
Topic Starter
Kaito-kun

Nelly wrote:

Please follow the "How to register" section to sign up. And I clearly said that it will only be 4k in the tournament rules, so if you haven't read the rules, please do so before registering for the tournament.
Ascendance
dang if this was one week later it would be so much better ;; the finals of my own tournament is the week it starts.. rip. I can maybe join if there is a way I can play my matches when I'm not doing referee/stream stuff at my own tournament?
Topic Starter
Kaito-kun

Ascendance wrote:

dang if this was one week later it would be so much better ;; the finals of my own tournament is the week it starts.. rip. I can maybe join if there is a way I can play my matches when I'm not doing referee/stream stuff at my own tournament?
I may be able to avoid giving you an unconvenient time if you PM me the tournament's schedule, so that I know when you are busy doing referee work. Also remember that this tournament will use European Time Zones to program it's schedule. Anyways, if you decide on joining, just send me the times you will be busy refereeing along with the how to register info.
Kimitakari

Kaito-kun wrote:

Nelly wrote:

Please follow the "How to register" section to sign up. And I clearly said that it will only be 4k in the tournament rules, so if you haven't read the rules, please do so before registering for the tournament.
No Ive readed the rules, I just had a question
show more