forum

DaGames - Break My Mind

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrCafecito
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on domingo, 06 de septiembre de 2015 at 10:02:50 p.m.

Artist: DaGames
Title: Break My Mind
Tags: fnaf 4, break my mind, dagames, five nights at freddy's 4
BPM: 130
Filesize: 24369kb
Play Time: 03:45
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.42 stars, 151 notes)
  2. Hard (3.35 stars, 257 notes)
  3. Normal (1.77 stars, 211 notes)
Download: DaGames - Break My Mind
Download: DaGames - Break My Mind (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
BEFORE PLAYING THIS BEATMAP I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU LISTEN TO THE SONG! https://youtu.be/xhdNa3iy5rw
Hello guys!
This is my very first beatmap, I absolutely love Five Nights at Freddy's and even more FNaF 4's song by DaGames.
So I decided to give him the chance to be in my first beatmap :p
Please tell me what you think and what I can improve! :D
FlyingLettuce
Nice work on this!
I think the beat is on point; the difficulties are both fine, although they're fast, it's still playable & it gives your map a more interesting touch!

the song is ridiculously catchy too

Keep it up! Perhaps you could add an easy difficulty?
Looking forward for updates and new maps /o/
Weber
mod here

Normal

• For easier difficulties like these, distance snap should be used almost all the time to help beginners learn how to play through note distance, here are the examples I could find where it needs to be fixed.

00:38:875 (3,4,5) -
    01:21:337 (1,2,3,4) -
    01:51:337 (2,3,4) -
    01:55:029 (2,3,4) -
    02:00:106 (3,4,5) -
    02:09:452 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
    02:09:452 (1,2,3,4) -
    02:21:798 (2,3,4) -
    03:20:413 (2,3) -
    03:21:336 (3,4,1) -

I would also recommend bumping the circle size up to 3 or 4. The screen tends to feel empty when you use too small circles on easier difficulties.
Good Luck.
Topic Starter
MrCafecito

SparklyLoveStar wrote:

Nice work on this!
I think the beat is on point; the difficulties are both fine, although they're fast, it's still playable & it gives your map a more interesting touch!

the song is ridiculously catchy too

Keep it up! Perhaps you could add an easy difficulty?
Looking forward for updates and new maps /o/
Thank you for the feedback :D
I will surely start doing an easy difficulty by tomorrow :)

qzyqzy wrote:

mod here

Normal

• For easier difficulties like these, distance snap should be used almost all the time to help beginners learn how to play through note distance, here are the examples I could find where it needs to be fixed.

00:38:875 (3,4,5) -
    01:21:337 (1,2,3,4) -
    01:51:337 (2,3,4) -
    01:55:029 (2,3,4) -
    02:00:106 (3,4,5) -
    02:09:452 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
    02:09:452 (1,2,3,4) -
    02:21:798 (2,3,4) -
    03:20:413 (2,3) -
    03:21:336 (3,4,1) -

I would also recommend bumping the circle size up to 3 or 4. The screen tends to feel empty when you use too small circles on easier difficulties.
Good Luck.
I appreciate your mod feedback :D
As it is my first map, I let osu choose circle sizes but it made them too small, certainly they need to be bigger.
And about the distance I will surely fix that too.
NewPlayer
PM request.

Offset: 14898, sounds much better.
Normal Song setup: HP3, CS3, AR3-4, OD3 (maybe it may be increased in the future since you're going to make Easy.
Hard Song setup: CS4, AR7-8, OD5-6, HP is fine
Will wait until you apply the previous mods. Also try to use more curve sliders and read (if you already didn't) this, this, this, this (may be helpful), some guides here and take a look in editor/play some recently ranked (2013-2015) maps to have some ideas how you can improve your map, copy some patterns etc. Also better try to catch me online so we may discuss some things about mapping.

No kds
Sangzin
Hello. From your request.
No kds please.

I saw this map and cannot mod because there's so many thing to point.To be honest, this is like old map and map like this would not be ranked. I prefer you to see these threads:
Avoid Unranks
Making common sliders neat
And the thing I use:
Diff setting
besides these threads, you use only 1/1 timing in hard diff. Hard diff would be 3.2~3.6. You should 1/2 and 1/4 timing to up star diff. Also, you don't have to use large grid, also personally, I recommend you to use tiny grid. but Easy and Normal diff, I recommend you not to use grid(cuz both diff must same ds).
Also, you need to watch beatmaps of these days(2013~2015)
I can help you as far as here. you may fix many thing . You should make more maps to improve your mapping skill.
AfroNinja360
Not too shabby for your first map, very very good! You really know how to handle difficulties, and this was the best song to test your skill! I look forward to your future maps. :D
Topic Starter
MrCafecito
Thanks to everyone for their support and advices!
I will start making an Easy difficulty :)
P.S. Updated both Normal and Hard difficulties
Sonnyc
Hi

I've done a brief look on your map, and I felt it was pretty aincient. The main reason for that was your simple usage of patterns which mainly consists of only linear sliders, and some unorganized notes.

Instead of giving a mod, since this map doesn't seems readied to be ranked or something, I'll give you some general tips.

1. Play several ranked beatmaps before mapping! Playing a ranked beatmap can give you a general idea of what patterns to use at what situation. Also you can construct a general idea how a beatmap would look like.
  2. Try modding other's beatmap! At first, you wouldn't fit much issues since you are new at modding. But you don't have to worry! Another function of modding is to appreciate other's maps, and trying to understand what other mappers thought. During that process, you could improve yourself by commiting critical thinking towards other's map.
  3. (One of the basics of mapping) Use Distance Snap before you get used to stuffs! A consistent spacing among objects is one of the most important stuffs in mapping, so if you have no idea about the placements of your objects, toggle the "Distance Snap" on. The distance value could be adjusted by 'alt+scroll'. Also to make distance snapping in real effect, don't forget to use at a small grid. Grid size could be adjusted by 'G'.
Hope you can improve after such procedures, and good luck for your future.

Do not give me a kudosu since this is not a modding post.
Topic Starter
MrCafecito

Sonnyc wrote:

Hi

I've done a brief look on your map, and I felt it was pretty aincient. The main reason for that was your simple usage of patterns which mainly consists of only linear sliders, and some unorganized notes.

Instead of giving a mod, since this map doesn't seems readied to be ranked or something, I'll give you some general tips.

1. Play several ranked beatmaps before mapping! Playing a ranked beatmap can give you a general idea of what patterns to use at what situation. Also you can construct a general idea how a beatmap would look like.
  2. Try modding other's beatmap! At first, you wouldn't fit much issues since you are new at modding. But you don't have to worry! Another function of modding is to appreciate other's maps, and trying to understand what other mappers thought. During that process, you could improve yourself by commiting critical thinking towards other's map.
  3. (One of the basics of mapping) Use Distance Snap before you get used to stuffs! A consistent spacing among objects is one of the most important stuffs in mapping, so if you have no idea about the placements of your objects, toggle the "Distance Snap" on. The distance value could be adjusted by 'alt+scroll'. Also to make distance snapping in real effect, don't forget to use at a small grid. Grid size could be adjusted by 'G'.
Hope you can improve after such procedures, and good luck for your future.

Do not give me a kudosu since this is not a modding post.
Thanks for the advice!
As this is my first map I expected it would not be as good as many others, but still, I'll try to improve it or even make another one (even better of course :p)
Ender Lain

Request from [urlhttps://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/365335]I.ZMod STD & Mania Queue[/url]

Hi there :)

Here's my Mod
=============================================
[Timing]
00:51:798 - Set Kiai Start at here (First Kiai)
01:04:721 - Set End of Kiai at here (First Kiai)
01:50:875 - Set Kiai Start at here (Second Kiai)
02:05:644 - Set End of Kiai at here (Second Kiai)
03:12:106 - Set Kiai Start at here (Third Kiai)
03:26:875 - Set End of Kiai at here (Third Kiai)

[Easy]
01:32:414 (5) - until 01:35:183 (8) - Change the circle's color
01:36:106 (9) - until 01:38:875 (12) - ^

[Normal]
03:33:336 (3) - Make the slider like this 03:34:721 (4) - Make the slider like this

Btw, i like the song. I hope this map will be get ranked
==========================================================

Good Luck :)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.