1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted

Cagrux wrote:

M4M from your queue :D

Normal
  1. Did you make those fancy shapes at the lower diffs to make it more appealling to beginners or sth? Fancy sliders throughout is my way of making lower level difficulties interesting.
  2. 02:05:942 (3) - idk if you did this on purpose but the curves are not balanced out Intentional
  3. Seems perfect to me. Can't really find anything that's appealing to me


Advanced
  1. 00:11:748 (2,4) - I'm not really sure if a beginner can react to this overlap in time Well, there isn't much option for me to place this noce anywhere else, and I don't think an overlap looks very nice.
  2. 02:27:619 (1) - The curve at the end doesn't match the flow of 02:29:168 (1) - really well. Maybe you can make it go down or right or sth else? I'd say this flow is playable, it reverses the direction of where you came from the slider, so the angle is fine and seems to gove well with introducing the solo.
  3. Everything else seems good too.


Insane
  1. I guess the fancy shaped sliders stopped here lol. There's only so much I can do with short sliders.
  2. 00:37:490 (2) - Just sayin, I never got a 300 on these sliders for the entire map. The 1/8 beat timing man. Well maybe it's just me XD Well, these match the music fine, but I'll keep it in mind.
  3. 01:28:781 (1,2,3) - Dunno if this is on purpose but the pattern is not perfectly done Kind intentonal so that the spacing represents the music.
  4. 01:31:103 (3,4,5,6,7,1) - Really hard to read the slider that suddenly ends at the blue tick. Messed up my stream a bit and I'm bad at even numbered ones :3 Anyways I think ending the slider at the white tick would be just fine? I disagree here. The way this is at makes it so the first note in the stream is on the white tick, which I believe is more intuitive than starting the stream on a blue tick.
  5. 01:55:684 (1,1,2,1,1) - I'm sure players who's just starting to fc insanes would be raging over this jump lol Well it matches the music, but I'll reduce these if I get more comments on these.
  6. 02:47:748 (1,2,3,4) - I think a triple would do? Since the guitar sound is at the white tick I'm not sure what you're trying to suggest here, but what it current is seems to match the music to me.
  7. 02:49:297 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Not really sure if going full stream is good for the diff. Maybe you can loosen up? Well the song is a low-ish BPM and the spacing of these is really small, so it should be somewhat playable, but I'll keep it in mind.
  8. 03:45:039 (2,3,1) - Well, you did fullscreen in Advanced but not in Insane? I decided to go and change the spacing in Advanced instead.


Catharsis
  1. 00:37:490 (1,2) - Somehow can do this just fine :3
  2. 00:47:555 (1,2) - Doesn't need that here imo. I know there's the drum sound but the vocals are much higher for that to be noticed Well, this still maps the vocals, but as a bonus, it also maps the drums ;)
  3. 01:11:748 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Not a mod. Dat Game Over pattern tho :p
  4. 01:31:103 (3,4,5,6,7,1) - Same issue with Insane diff I still don't think there's anything wrong with these.
  5. 01:37:297 (3,4) - The corner's kinda feel weird with (4) at the top and not around the bottom-left of the slider After watching testplays, no one seems to follow the flow of the slider fully anyway /shrug. Changed the position of 4.
  6. 02:40:781 (2,3,4,5,6) - You know.....

And that's all! Hope this helps! :)
Mod my map pls :3
Also, have a star, because, why not
Thanks for the star!
posted
Hi

Insane

01:15:426 - how about placing here a slider like this 01:14:845 (1) - instead of a note?
01:56:458 (1,1,2) - feels like spacing issue, maybe just map it how you did here 01:55:103 (1,2,1) - ?
01:57:813 (1) - i'm not sure that this note is necessary. if you dont think so then how about starting here this slider 01:58:006 (2) - and make its volume increasing? the end is still on 01:58:152 - nwm
02:16:393 (5) - i hear it like 1/2 slider + note
02:22:490 - maybe note here? and make it a triple with 02:22:394 (6,7) -
03:10:781 (1,1,2) - same spacing issue
03:36:813 - maybe add note?

other diffs seems good, especially this extra Catharsis

rank it already

and have a star

and sorry for small mod

and dont give kd
posted
from my m4m queue!

[Catharsis]
HP +1, setting same hp with lower diff makes people mad because diff spread lmao
Can you reduce 3/4 patterns that ignore music, they're too much for this song and most of them doesn't fit there. In kiais they sound okay but other parts *facepalms*
  1. 00:30:717 (1) - needless whistle if you wanted to follow the sound in music properly. also it actually sounds more clear without a whistle for me. same to 2nd one which has the same pattern.
  2. 00:35:168 - No circles for a triplet here? even though you've overmapped this diff a lot (writing this after looking through the diff) you suddenly ignored somewhat strong sound, you've already done this pattern in your insane or more so you can use another pattern in hardest difficulty, to be more unique as a mapper.
  3. 00:47:555 (1,2) - Just two circles please. This is overmapping at all as there's nothing like 1/8 here. I still dislike putting this kind of pattern at 1/8 like 00:37:490 (1,2) - although that's still okay as it fits the music, this is not.
  4. 01:31:103 (3) - I have to point this out because this is obviously made for nothing, only makes uncomfortable to click circles with the music that never provides the rhythm. You could make the slider in 1/2 and a stream of 5, or a stream like 00:12:135 here.
  5. 01:44:264 (1) - move to the left a bit? it flows better. or just move 01:44:458 (2) - to the same way, I still prefer 1st one I suggested though. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4421044
  6. 01:45:426 (1,2,3,4,1) - like, rotate the direction to right, I mean in a clockwise direction. Current pattern has kinda bad flow from these kick sliders, and the stream doesn't fit to them well. its worth trying this out, you can do this easily if select all then CTRL + SHIFT + R in clockwise direction with 30° https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4421055 I noticed after mentioned this but same goes to 00:24:910 (1,2,3,4,1) -
  7. 02:03:039 (2,3,4) - How about a larger triplet, it should be fun with the stream after this. Okay I'm editing this, since you copied the patterns in 1st and 2nd kiais so idk, also I mean 1st chorus and 2nd one. not the two kiais that separated.
  8. 02:15:232 (1) - 3/4 one instead? I somehow prefer it.


[Insane]
  1. 00:02:845 (3,4) - Did you really think this fits music best? this is obviously most relax part of the map and you still tried to overmapping from beginning, I really wonder why no 1/1 and make an empty at 00:03:426 honestly no one expects for this.
  2. 00:24:716 (2,1,2,3,4,1) - like wrong usage of 1/4 sliders again from the hardest diff, making a curved stream to away that ignores the flow from these kick sliders is not really fun to see in gameplay. 01:45:039 (1,2,1,2,3,4,1) - this is also good example for here tho I'll leave mine https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4421423
  3. 00:28:393 (1,2,3,4) - flow is messy, like you did this because have nothing good idea here, at least you can give a try making a triangle 00:28:974 (3) - with them. This doesn't jump that bad but can make the flow like for the jump. 01:48:910 (1,2,3,4) - same
  4. 01:16:200 (6,1) - I don't get why this is here. the stack seems forced to break the flow once and then only a jump after it >_> mapping like usual would be better. 01:17:361 (4,5) - this stacking is good idea so this is shame. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4421489
  5. 01:31:103 (3) - same thing as I've mentioned in Extra diff (Sorry lazy to type the diff name)
  6. 02:54:716 (1,2,3) - you made the rhythm somehow strange, the slider should've stopped at red tick and one more circle at 02:55:006, this looks trouble in edit but this plays far better than following wrong rhythm. http://puu.sh/mN3hX/81d3d94397.png


[Hard]
  1. 00:43:103 (1) - I don't think this new combo is important, I feel this like just kind of a nc spam that means nothing. I thought its like making easier to read them but these doesn't look really good.
  2. 02:35:748 - the sound of clap on the tick sounds weird, it's usually reasonable to be at 2nd white tick tho, you didn't put clap sound until 02:38:071 so I feel strange here :O you can give a try considering about mute this sound.
  3. 02:58:587 (1,2) - very loud, you have mapped this part with 1/4 sliders in harder diffs so these are good to emphasize it, but this time the whistles emphasize nothing. therefore volume at 90% for this is too much, decrease it by around 20 or something.
  4. 03:21:426 (3) - keep using the same distance in this part, that's just better.


[Advanced]
  1. 00:53:168 (1) - the usage of new combo suddenly becomes inconsistent :o
  2. 01:56:651 (3) - if you put the new combo at 01:55:878 (1) - because of finishes then no nc for this too? I still disagree the nc of 01:55:878 (1) - but if you would like to keep this as is why not. 03:10:974 (3) - same pattern here, also I wonder why 00:34:587 (1) - is easier compared to them lol
  3. 02:44:652 (1,4) - swap the nc? also don't get the reason why you started putting ncs per a downbeat from here, I think you just ruined the consistency...

    well I got tired of finding new combo issues, there's many lol. can you attempt find them out yourself? since putting new combos consistently is important in lower diffs, unless you have special reason to put ncs suddenly you should just avoid it.


I didn't find any particular issue in Normal difficulty except the NCs that I've mentioned about for Advanced diff.
posted

freebird42 wrote:

Hi

Insane

01:15:426 - how about placing here a slider like this 01:14:845 (1) - instead of a note? I don't think the music suggests using a kick slider in my opinion.
01:56:458 (1,1,2) - feels like spacing issue, maybe just map it how you did here 01:55:103 (1,2,1) - ? There is no spacing issue here.
01:57:813 (1) - i'm not sure that this note is necessary. if you dont think so then how about starting here this slider 01:58:006 (2) - and make its volume increasing? the end is still on 01:58:152 - nwm
02:16:393 (5) - i hear it like 1/2 slider + note I hear the guitar go beyond the red tick, so an extended slider is fine in my opinion.
02:22:490 - maybe note here? and make it a triple with 02:22:394 (6,7) - Not necessary in my opinion. I think these jump patterns feel better to play with the melody.
03:10:781 (1,1,2) - same spacing issue
03:36:813 - maybe add note?

other diffs seems good, especially this extra Catharsis

Delis wrote:

from my m4m queue!

[Catharsis]
HP +1, setting same hp with lower diff makes people mad because diff spread lmao HP8 is horrible though. I went and reduced Insane to HP6.5.
Can you reduce 3/4 patterns that ignore music, they're too much for this song and most of them doesn't fit there. In kiais they sound okay but other parts *facepalms* I changed a few during the guitar parts. I prefer to follow the lyrics as closely as I can, and for the 3/4 notes I left I felt they matched the music better. These notes were either a held vocal or guitar note that stretched longer than 1/2 but had a significant beat on the white tick which I felt best to avoid mapping with a slider end which a 1/1 slider would provide.
  1. 00:30:717 (1) - needless whistle if you wanted to follow the sound in music properly. also it actually sounds more clear without a whistle for me. same to 2nd one which has the same pattern. I switched it out for a soft whistle. This beat seems too significant to leave completely blank.
  2. 00:35:168 - No circles for a triplet here? even though you've overmapped this diff a lot (writing this after looking through the diff) you suddenly ignored somewhat strong sound, you've already done this pattern in your insane or more so you can use another pattern in hardest difficulty, to be more unique as a mapper. Fair enough, since this has been mentioned before.
  3. 00:47:555 (1,2) - Just two circles please. This is overmapping at all as there's nothing like 1/8 here. I still dislike putting this kind of pattern at 1/8 like 00:37:490 (1,2) - although that's still okay as it fits the music, this is not. Was also mentioned before, so I changed it.
  4. 01:31:103 (3) - I have to point this out because this is obviously made for nothing, only makes uncomfortable to click circles with the music that never provides the rhythm. You could make the slider in 1/2 and a stream of 5, or a stream like 00:12:135 here. Also mentioned before, so I changed to 1/2.
  5. 01:44:264 (1) - move to the left a bit? it flows better. or just move 01:44:458 (2) - to the same way, I still prefer 1st one I suggested though. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4421044 Alright.
  6. 01:45:426 (1,2,3,4,1) - like, rotate the direction to right, I mean in a clockwise direction. Current pattern has kinda bad flow from these kick sliders, and the stream doesn't fit to them well. its worth trying this out, you can do this easily if select all then CTRL + SHIFT + R in clockwise direction with 30° https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4421055 I noticed after mentioned this but same goes to 00:24:910 (1,2,3,4,1) - Changed.
  7. 02:03:039 (2,3,4) - How about a larger triplet, it should be fun with the stream after this. Okay I'm editing this, since you copied the patterns in 1st and 2nd kiais so idk, also I mean 1st chorus and 2nd one. not the two kiais that separated. I don't know why this was inconsistent.
  8. 02:15:232 (1) - 3/4 one instead? I somehow prefer it. I feel this is better as it is. The previous combo already had a 3/4 pattern to finsih off with, so another 3/4 here feels a little repetetive, plus I feel this triple is a good compliment to the stream later in this combo.


[Insane]
  1. 00:02:845 (3,4) - Did you really think this fits music best? this is obviously most relax part of the map and you still tried to overmapping from beginning, I really wonder why no 1/1 and make an empty at 00:03:426 honestly no one expects for this. This matches the vocals quite well in my opinion. The vocals here are strong held notes, and mapping the white tick to a slider end also doesn't seem suitable in my opinon since mapping with a hard note represents the music better.
  2. 00:24:716 (2,1,2,3,4,1) - like wrong usage of 1/4 sliders again from the hardest diff, making a curved stream to away that ignores the flow from these kick sliders is not really fun to see in gameplay. 01:45:039 (1,2,1,2,3,4,1) - this is also good example for here tho I'll leave mine https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4421423 Changed.
  3. 00:28:393 (1,2,3,4) - flow is messy, like you did this because have nothing good idea here, at least you can give a try making a triangle 00:28:974 (3) - with them. This doesn't jump that bad but can make the flow like for the jump. 01:48:910 (1,2,3,4) - same Changed.
  4. 01:16:200 (6,1) - I don't get why this is here. the stack seems forced to break the flow once and then only a jump after it >_> mapping like usual would be better. 01:17:361 (4,5) - this stacking is good idea so this is shame. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4421489 Changed.
  5. 01:31:103 (3) - same thing as I've mentioned in Extra diff (Sorry lazy to type the diff name) Changed.
  6. 02:54:716 (1,2,3) - you made the rhythm somehow strange, the slider should've stopped at red tick and one more circle at 02:55:006, this looks trouble in edit but this plays far better than following wrong rhythm. http://puu.sh/mN3hX/81d3d94397.png Changed.


[Hard]
  1. 00:43:103 (1) - I don't think this new combo is important, I feel this like just kind of a nc spam that means nothing. I thought its like making easier to read them but these doesn't look really good. Fair enough.
  2. 02:35:748 - the sound of clap on the tick sounds weird, it's usually reasonable to be at 2nd white tick tho, you didn't put clap sound until 02:38:071 so I feel strange here :O you can give a try considering about mute this sound. Understandable, but muting this tick seems to make this section sound very plain because of the 3/4 repeats. I think it's better to keep this here personally.
  3. 02:58:587 (1,2) - very loud, you have mapped this part with 1/4 sliders in harder diffs so these are good to emphasize it, but this time the whistles emphasize nothing. therefore volume at 90% for this is too much, decrease it by around 20 or something. Alright.
  4. 03:21:426 (3) - keep using the same distance in this part, that's just better. This seems to be a mistake.


[Advanced]
  1. 00:53:168 (1) - the usage of new combo suddenly becomes inconsistent :oThere's a reason for this. So far, the NC pattern is one for every two measures. The first half of the Kiai works fine with this pattern, until you reach 00:50:071 which is the beginning of the new verse in the chorus. The pair of measures for the next combo should ideally be this and 00:51:619 but that isn't really ideal because the latter is the start of a very strong beat which I feel is best emphasised with toggled kiai and a NC (and storyboard fanciness). If we want to continue the pattern after this, then the next pair of measures has to start at 00:53:168 which also makes more sense in the music than making 00:51:619 and 00:53:168 the pair.
  2. 01:56:651 (3) - if you put the new combo at 01:55:878 (1) - because of finishes then no nc for this too? I still disagree the nc of 01:55:878 (1) - but if you would like to keep this as is why not. 03:10:974 (3) - same pattern here, also I wonder why 00:34:587 (1) - is easier compared to them lol This however, is a mistake. NCs removed.
  3. 02:44:652 (1,4) - swap the nc? also don't get the reason why you started putting ncs per a downbeat from here, I think you just ruined the consistency... Same reason as before, but I changed some things around to improve the consistency.

    well I got tired of finding new combo issues, there's many lol. can you attempt find them out yourself? since putting new combos consistently is important in lower diffs, unless you have special reason to put ncs suddenly you should just avoid it.


I didn't find any particular issue in Normal difficulty except the NCs that I've mentioned about for Advanced diff.
Thanks for modding!
posted
Hey,

From your M4M queue.

General

storyboard is amazing!

[Normal]

00:28:393 (1) - I feel like this could look a bit nicer, just seems unnecessary.
00:34:587 (1,2) - These could be double taps, not singles. I mean it is a normal, not easy.
01:55:103 (1,2) - ^
03:09:426 (1,2) - ^

really not much to say about that, it's pretty much exactly right.

[Advanced]

00:12:716 (4) - Not the easiest note to read on a lower diff like this
00:44:458 (2) - don't like this spacing
02:36:135 (3) - this is the solo, I feel like you should make this a bit harder.
03:10:006 (2) - this stacks kinda weird in the editor

[Hard]

00:50:071 (1) - stacking is off
01:05:555 (1) - Why NC here? seems illogical
01:07:103 (1) - ^
02:26:071 (1) - ^

OD 6.3? why?

basically nothing wrong with that diff at all. Excellent

[Insane]

00:05:168 (1,2) - these could be angled nicer
00:29:942 (1) - don't really like the positioning of this to start the jumps
01:10:200 (1,2) - i think this would be better if the slider and the single switched places. idk i just get that vibe
01:12:522 (1) - I would stack this underneath the yellow single, looks better
02:58:587 (1,2,3,4) - angles on these seem unnecessarily unattractive
03:27:619 (6) - I would move this so it follows down from the end of 03:27:232 (5) -

[Catharsis]

00:43:393 (4,1) - why? I get that it's the last diff but it doesn't really call for it, imo. your choice though
01:10:200 (1,2) - this is just awkward, definitely change
01:36:329 (6,7,1) - this stacking should be more like the rest
01:55:684 (1,1,2) - the song doesn't really call for spacing like this
02:03:910 (4,1) - jumpstreams again, your call but eh.
02:59:748 (1,2,3,4,1) - not a fan of this. too hard for no reason
03:10:006 (1,1,2) - these jumps really aren't called for
03:35:168 (5,6,7) - if this was straight it would look better, imo. maybe that's just me

Overall a great set and I think it'll be very popular. Good luck!
posted
from your queue
[Catharsis]
  1. 00:37:490 (1,2) - and similar places - your rhythm is fine, but since drum sound constantly increase in intensity you could try using a single repeat 1/8 slider instead to capture sound w/o adding extra emphasis to 00:37:587 - might also reduce the "overmapping" comments
  2. 01:07:877 (1) - and similar places - maybe remove 1 repeat to prevent sliderbreak
  3. 01:39:426 (7,8,1) - very weird to play since since stream doesn't flow into slider. maybe something more standard like this? http://puu.sh/mSSCW/e8882b89e4.jpg
  4. 01:55:877 (1) - is NC here necessary? these are all 1/2 rhythms and the spacing hasn't changed yet. also makes 01:56:652 (1,2) - more ambiguous cuz now its 1/1 rhythm
  5. 02:22:200 - senya, why you no put drums here :/
  6. 02:48:135 (2,3,4) - weird rhythm since triplet ends on red tick and 02:48:232 (3) - is overmapped. maybe try this rhythm to match guitar? http://puu.sh/mST84/954cd094db.jpg
  7. 03:00:329 - add note?
  8. 03:23:361 (1,2) - stronger beat is at 03:23:748 - instead of 03:23:652 - no? suggest you add an extra repeat to slider and place note at 03:23:748 -
  9. 03:40:200 (7,8,1) - make this triplet less curved so it flows better from 03:40:006 (6) -

[Insane]
  1. 00:02:071 (1,2) - make approach angles to these sliders more sharp so that they receive proper emphasis http://puu.sh/mSTBZ/7214de7439.jpg
  2. 01:17:361 (4,5) - weird to stack here since (5) isn't particular strong beat and you don't use 1/2 stacks anywhere else in guitar part
  3. 01:28:781 (1,2,3) - rapid continuous CW movement seems forced since you don't use this flow pattern anywhere else. prefer if you keep the flow/style more jumpy to be consistent with rest of map (sorry if this explanation doesn't make sense)
  4. 01:55:877 (1) - same concern about NC as extra diff
  5. 02:11:103 (1,2) - rotate by -40 and reposition so the reverse flow coming from the slider feels more apparent (like how you did 00:50:071 (1,1,2) - )
  6. 02:55:006 (2,3,4) - why is this more dense than your extra? I like your extra rhythm better since it captures guitar, so maybe try it here as well

[Hard]
  1. 00:26:652 - 01:47:168 - add note? i hear drum and vocal here
  2. 01:07:103 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - didn't notice before, but storyboard here is very nice :D
  3. 01:55:684 (1) - 01:56:458 (1) - I feel these NC are unnecessary
  4. 02:52:587 (2,3,4) - I would enjoy a bigger spacing here, but maybe just me

[Advanced]
  1. 00:50:458 (2) - and similar places - just a suggestion, but maybe you could represent music better by changing this to 1/2 slider
  2. 02:31:684 (5) - maybe change to 1/2 slider with repeat so you can add clap on offbeat?
  3. 02:40:200 (4) - ^ although here it's probably more important to emphasize guitar sustain...

[Normal]
  1. 02:58:587 (1) - looks a little strange, idk
  2. eh, i'm just being picky since everything else looks ok

Good luck. The lower diffs look very nice already.
posted

Neurofunk wrote:

Hey,

From your M4M queue.

General

storyboard is amazing!

[Normal]

00:28:393 (1) - I feel like this could look a bit nicer, just seems unnecessary. I'm not really sure what you want me to change. I editted the curve slightly.
00:34:587 (1,2) - These could be double taps, not singles. I mean it is a normal, not easy.
01:55:103 (1,2) - ^
03:09:426 (1,2) - ^ Well, this is the lowest difficulty in the set, so making this difficulty easier than a regular Normal was what I was aiming for.

really not much to say about that, it's pretty much exactly right.

[Advanced]

00:12:716 (4) - Not the easiest note to read on a lower diff like this Changed, since I've had comments on this before.
00:44:458 (2) - don't like this spacing I'm guessing you mean flow. Adjusted slightly.
02:36:135 (3) - this is the solo, I feel like you should make this a bit harder. Agreed. Changed.
03:10:006 (2) - this stacks kinda weird in the editor I intentionally stacked this the way it is. It's just the same as the auto-stacking, but in a different direction.

[Hard]

00:50:071 (1) - stacking is off Intentional
01:05:555 (1) - Why NC here? seems illogical
01:07:103 (1) - ^
02:26:071 (1) - ^ This is just how I prefer to do my NCs; on the downbeats.

OD 6.3? why? This is so there's a better spread between Advaned and Insane.

basically nothing wrong with that diff at all. Excellent

[Insane]

00:05:168 (1,2) - these could be angled nicer Adjusted slightly.
00:29:942 (1) - don't really like the positioning of this to start the jumps What's wrong with it?
01:10:200 (1,2) - i think this would be better if the slider and the single switched places. idk i just get that vibe I don't see anything wrong iwth what it is currently, so I'll leave it.
01:12:522 (1) - I would stack this underneath the yellow single, looks better Well that kind of messes up the pattern I'm trying to do here, assuming you're talking about yellow in the default skin.
02:58:587 (1,2,3,4) - angles on these seem unnecessarily unattractive Changed.
03:27:619 (6) - I would move this so it follows down from the end of 03:27:232 (5) - Alright.

[Catharsis]

00:43:393 (4,1) - why? I get that it's the last diff but it doesn't really call for it, imo. your choice though I feel it's a nice way to increase the intensity on that beat (white ticks are good for this) whilst the drums are getting louder. The jump is pretty tame and I wouldn't call it overdone. Arguably unnecessary, but I'd rather not have them barely touch, and any closer doesn't have the same effect.
01:10:200 (1,2) - this is just awkward, definitely change Define 'awkward' please. Flow? Rhythm? Pattern?
01:36:329 (6,7,1) - this stacking should be more like the rest Is it not already?
01:55:684 (1,1,2) - the song doesn't really call for spacing like this Well this is definitely an intense part of the map, where there beats get maximum emphasis (the other beats hardly have any notes on them in the music), so naturally I'd say large jumps represents these parts well.
02:03:910 (4,1) - jumpstreams again, your call but eh.
02:59:748 (1,2,3,4,1) - not a fan of this. too hard for no reason There are 1/8 drums being built up during this part of the song. I'd say this build up in hte music and the mapping is a nice way to finish off this section in the music.
03:10:006 (1,1,2) - these jumps really aren't called for
03:35:168 (5,6,7) - if this was straight it would look better, imo. maybe that's just me I can get why you say that, but I don't like them straight either. I changed the curve of these triples slightly instead.

Overall a great set and I think it'll be very popular. Good luck!

MokouSmoke wrote:

from your queue
[Catharsis]
  1. 00:37:490 (1,2) - and similar places - your rhythm is fine, but since drum sound constantly increase in intensity you could try using a single repeat 1/8 slider instead to capture sound w/o adding extra emphasis to 00:37:587 - might also reduce the "overmapping" comments Bar them being sliders mapping the 1/8s, this is no different to a regular triple. I feel what it is currently is fine.
  2. 01:07:877 (1) - and similar places - maybe remove 1 repeat to prevent sliderbreak Not really necessary in my opinion.
  3. 01:39:426 (7,8,1) - very weird to play since since stream doesn't flow into slider. maybe something more standard like this? Alright.http://puu.sh/mSSCW/e8882b89e4.jpg
  4. 01:55:877 (1) - is NC here necessary? these are all 1/2 rhythms and the spacing hasn't changed yet. also makes 01:56:652 (1,2) - more ambiguous cuz now its 1/1 rhythm I feel this is the best way to arrange the NCs in my opinion. Removing the NC here will cause an inconsistency with the nxet combo, and removing it from that one will make reading the timing a little more confusing.
  5. 02:22:200 - senya, why you no put drums here :/
  6. 02:48:135 (2,3,4) - weird rhythm since triplet ends on red tick and 02:48:232 (3) - is overmapped. maybe try this rhythm to match guitar? http://puu.sh/mST84/954cd094db.jpg I disagree with the overmapping, but I agree with it being a little weird to play. I changed this in my own way.
  7. 03:00:329 - add note? I went for a specific rhythm for this section of the music, where I intened to miss that beat.
  8. 03:23:361 (1,2) - stronger beat is at 03:23:748 - instead of 03:23:652 - no? suggest you add an extra repeat to slider and place note at 03:23:748 - I agree with the stronger beat being there. I don't like the idea of a double repeat though, so I tried something else.
  9. 03:40:200 (7,8,1) - make this triplet less curved so it flows better from 03:40:006 (6) - Alright.

[Insane]
  1. 00:02:071 (1,2) - make approach angles to these sliders more sharp so that they receive proper emphasis http://puu.sh/mSTBZ/7214de7439.jpg I feel that like that, there is a smaller angle between these two sliders visually, and that makes this pattern look a little more bland.
  2. 01:17:361 (4,5) - weird to stack here since (5) isn't particular strong beat and you don't use 1/2 stacks anywhere else in guitar part I don't use stacks for emphasis. This stack is here because these two are the same musical note in the music.
  3. 01:28:781 (1,2,3) - rapid continuous CW movement seems forced since you don't use this flow pattern anywhere else. prefer if you keep the flow/style more jumpy to be consistent with rest of map (sorry if this explanation doesn't make sense) If anything, these patterns are the most prominent in this difficulty. The vocals here are smooth and follow a decreasing pitch, so a smooth, circular flow pattern is what I feel best represents this.
  4. 01:55:877 (1) - same concern about NC as extra diff
  5. 02:11:103 (1,2) - rotate by -40 and reposition so the reverse flow coming from the slider feels more apparent (like how you did 00:50:071 (1,1,2) - ) Alright, I went and changed things in my own way.
  6. 02:55:006 (2,3,4) - why is this more dense than your extra? I like your extra rhythm better since it captures guitar, so maybe try it here as well Good question. Changed.

[Hard]
  1. 00:26:652 - 01:47:168 - add note? i hear drum and vocal here I intentionally changed the rhythm style for this section of the music since I feel this fits quite well. This means missing this beat.
  2. 01:07:103 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - didn't notice before, but storyboard here is very nice :DThanks!
  3. 01:55:684 (1) - 01:56:458 (1) - I feel these NC are unnecessary I've explained why I decided to arrange NCs like this in the previous mod.
  4. 02:52:587 (2,3,4) - I would enjoy a bigger spacing here, but maybe just me Seems quite nice to me too.

[Advanced]
  1. 00:50:458 (2) - and similar places - just a suggestion, but maybe you could represent music better by changing this to 1/2 slider Alright.
  2. 02:31:684 (5) - maybe change to 1/2 slider with repeat so you can add clap on offbeat? Sure.
  3. 02:40:200 (4) - ^ although here it's probably more important to emphasize guitar sustain... Yeah, this one I prefer how it is now.

[Normal]
  1. 02:58:587 (1) - looks a little strange, idk I wouldn't say there's anything significantly wrong with this.
  2. eh, i'm just being picky since everything else looks ok

Good luck. The lower diffs look very nice already.


Thanks for modding!
posted
Hello from my queue

[General]

  • 03:43:490 - I don't know this kind of kiai is unrankable or not. better delete the kiai or ask someone about this

[Normal]

  • Fine

[Advanced]

  • Fine

[Hard]
  1. 00:12:716 (5,1) - reduce a spacing a bit

[Insane]
  1. 00:37:297 (1,2) - same as [Catharsis]
  2. 01:57:813 (1,2) - ^
  3. 02:44:652 (1,2,3) - I recommend that using a slider with return is more easier and more flow to play with

[Catharsis]
  1. 00:37:297 (1,1,2) - using 1/8 from here is better and maybe reduce sound at first and then fade in to make it perfect
  2. 01:57:813 (1,1,2) - ^


I must say sorry but I feel boring to mod because of the copy&paste you did.... :|:|
posted

Mikkuri wrote:

Hello from my queue

[General]

  • 03:43:490 - I don't know this kind of kiai is unrankable or not. better delete the kiai or ask someone about this I do not believe this is a problem.

[Hard]
  1. 00:12:716 (5,1) - reduce a spacing a bit Any particular reason? It's somewhat tame, and the jump is justified by the impact of this note.

[Insane]
  1. 00:37:297 (1,2) - same as [Catharsis]
  2. 01:57:813 (1,2) - ^
  3. 02:44:652 (1,2,3) - I recommend that using a slider with return is more easier and more flow to play with Circles are still playable, and breaks up what I feel would be a more bland and repetitive pattern given I've already used this sort of slider just before. It also acts as a better build up into the next combo where the guitar beings to speed up again.

[Catharsis]
  1. 00:37:297 (1,1,2) - using 1/8 from here is better and maybe reduce sound at first and then fade in to make it perfect
  2. 01:57:813 (1,1,2) - ^ No to the rhythm change. The drums don't get prominent enough until the red tick, so I feel it is best to emphasise them on there instead. I added some volumepoints though


I must say sorry but I feel boring to mod because of the copy&paste you did.... :|:|
Thanks for modding
posted
recheck

-Mo- wrote:

[Hard]
  1. 00:12:716 (5,1) - reduce a spacing a bit Any particular reason? It's somewhat tame, and the jump is justified by the impact of this note. after slow part of the map to normal speed, using that large distance is some what "too quick" and "too hard" for [Hard] like you did in 00:34:393 (4,1) - < but this is kind of acceptable so I mentioned only that one instead
about 00:37:297 (1,1,2) - I have a reason of mine, it's more flow to place like this because of the vocal since volume of the hitsounds after red-tick can be decrease.

good luck bro
posted

Mikkuri wrote:

recheck

00:12:716 (5,1) - reduce a spacing a bit Any particular reason? It's somewhat tame, and the jump is justified by the impact of this note. after slow part of the map to normal speed, using that large distance is some what "too quick" and "too hard" for [Hard] like you did in 00:34:393 (4,1) - < but this is kind of acceptable so I mentioned only that one instead Fair enough, point taken. Changed.

about 00:37:297 (1,1,2) - I have a reason of mine, it's more flow to place like this because of the vocal since volume of the hitsounds after red-tick can be decrease. I still feel it is best how it is in order to represent both the vocals and the drums. There isn't anything significant enough to map to 1/8 notes inbetween white to red, and the red tick is where the drums first feel most apparent, so starting the 1/8 there makes more sense to me.

good luck bro
posted
00:25:297 (1) - Uh I think you got your co-ordinate wrong

now you have to mod two of my storyboard parts xd
posted
m4m thing

---

[Hard]

00:05:168 (1) - Stacking this normally under (3) would look better.
00:17:168 (4) - ^ This comment applies to pretty much all of the same cases throughout the map.
00:20:458 (5,6,1) - These 1/4s are so tightly compacted that they play exactly like a stack, so I'm curious as to why not just use a stack? I like compressed triplets in Hards, but you can definitely space them out a bit more.
01:36:329 (6) - Stack under (4)
01:55:684 (3) - Remove new combo
01:56:458 (3) - ^
03:10:006 (1) - ^
03:10:781 (1) - ^

very well done and very clean difficulty

[Insane]

00:06:426 - Why not map the 1/4 that starts here?
00:24:135 (1) - remove new combo
00:24:910 (1) - ^
00:47:555 (2,3) - Maybe just stack these.
00:48:813 (2,3) - ^ This goes for most of the 1/4 left in this map, refer to what I said in Hard for why.
01:12:135 (1) - remove new combo
01:12:910 (1) - ^
01:19:103 (1) - remove new combo
01:19:103 (1,2) - consider ctrl+g; better flow
01:31:490 (4,5,6,7,1) - should be spaced further away from (3)
01:38:458 (2,3) - just for reference, i think this looks perfect
01:46:006 - There's a bass beat you miss here. Add a note?
01:55:684 (1) - RNC
01:56:458 (1) - ^
03:10:007 (1) - ^
03:10:781 (1) - ^

[Catharsis]

00:23:555 (4) - Should be spaced further away from (3) and (1)
00:30:329 (1) - RNC
00:35:168 (1) - ^
00:35:942 (1,2) - ^
00:37:490 (1) - ^
01:55:684 (1) - ^
01:56:458 (1) - ^
01:58:006 (1) - ^
02:11:942 (1) - ^
02:42:910 (1) - ^
03:10:006 (1,1,1) - ^^^
03:23:361 (1,2,3) - Because this is a slow part, I don't think there should be this much space between (1) and (2)

---

This is mapped so well and there's really nothing important at all to point out. Go find a BN lol.

-SMIC
posted
From your Modding Queue c:

00:06:716 (1,2) - I prefer using the playfield here, kinda boring
01:00:910 (5,6,1) - ugly overlay
01:09:232 (2,5) - ^
01:16:393 (4,1) - ^
01:27:813 (2,5) - blanket
02:00:522 (6,3) - ugly overlay
02:09:038 (4,2) - stack
02:21:813 (6,1) - blanket:

02:30:329 (3,5) - stack
02:34:393 (6,3) - ugly overlay
02:48:910 (6,4) - stack
02:51:232 (6,1) - ugly overlay
03:08:651 (7,2,3) - ^
03:23:361 (2,2) - ^
03:36:134 (6,2) - ^
03:43:490 (1) - storyboard fails here
03:46:587 (1) - ^
00:04:974 (3,1) - stack properly
00:06:716 (1,2) - use the playfield
00:15:426 (4,6) - stack properly
00:16:781 (3,4) - ^
00:17:942 (2,3) - ^
00:23:555 (4,4) - ugly overlay
00:30:716 (1,2) - ^
00:41:555 (3,2) - ^
00:46:587 (4,5) - stack (4) onto (5)
00:47:748 (3) - goes out of playfield, mirror vertically
00:50:071 (1,1) - stack properly
00:50:458 (1) - plays weird
00:50:458 (1,2) - DS wrong
00:57:619 (4,3) - would look better if stacked
00:58:974 (4,3) - ugly overlay
01:30:716 (2,4) - stack properly
01:36:135 (5,3) - ugly overlay
01:38:458 (2,3) - stack properly
01:39:038 (4,2) - ugly overlay
01:41:555 (2,1) - ^
01:51:232 (1,2) - ^
01:58:200 (1,5) - ^
01:59:555 (5,2) - ^
02:53:361 (4,2,3) - ^
02:57:039 (1,1) - ^
03:28:393 (2,1) - stack


Best wishes! :D
posted

Cheesecake wrote:

00:25:297 (1) - Uh I think you got your co-ordinate wrong Oh yeah, I forgot about this.

SuperMICrophone wrote:

m4m thing

---

[Hard]

00:05:168 (1) - Stacking this normally under (3) would look better.
00:17:168 (4) - ^ This comment applies to pretty much all of the same cases throughout the map.
00:20:458 (5,6,1) - These 1/4s are so tightly compacted that they play exactly like a stack, so I'm curious as to why not just use a stack? I like compressed triplets in Hards, but you can definitely space them out a bit more.
01:36:329 (6) - Stack under (4)
01:55:684 (3) - Remove new combo
01:56:458 (3) - ^
03:10:006 (1) - ^
03:10:781 (1) - ^ Eh sure. It's been pointed out a few times already.

very well done and very clean difficulty

[Insane]

00:06:426 - Why not map the 1/4 that starts here? Eh alright.
00:24:135 (1) - remove new combo
00:24:910 (1) - ^
00:47:555 (2,3) - Maybe just stack these.
00:48:813 (2,3) - ^ This goes for most of the 1/4 left in this map, refer to what I said in Hard for why.
01:12:135 (1) - remove new combo
01:12:910 (1) - ^
01:19:103 (1) - remove new combo These NCs have a nice effect for building up the finale for this section of the music, and makes the patterns look nicer in my opinion.
01:19:103 (1,2) - consider ctrl+g; better flow I feel that the flow is better how it is currently, and I prefer this pattern.
01:31:490 (4,5,6,7,1) - should be spaced further away from (3) Changed slightly.
01:38:458 (2,3) - just for reference, i think this looks perfect
01:46:006 - There's a bass beat you miss here. Add a note? This rhythm is intentional for this section.
01:55:684 (1) - RNC
01:56:458 (1) - ^
03:10:007 (1) - ^
03:10:781 (1) - ^ For this difficulty, removing the NCs would make things a lot more confusing to read, since then notes in the same combo and same spacing will have different timings.

[Catharsis]

00:23:555 (4) - Should be spaced further away from (3) and (1) There isn't a significant enough beat on 4 to warrant any higher spacing between 3-4. 4-1 increased slightly.
00:30:329 (1) - RNC
00:35:168 (1) - ^
00:35:942 (1,2) - ^
00:37:490 (1) - ^ Fair enough on this one.
01:55:684 (1) - ^
01:56:458 (1) - ^
01:58:006 (1) - ^ And this.
02:11:942 (1) - ^ Yep.
02:42:910 (1) - ^ Yep.
03:10:006 (1,1,1) - ^^^ Same reason as Insane for the others.
03:23:361 (1,2,3) - Because this is a slow part, I don't think there should be this much space between (1) and (2) Reduced. I'd rather keep these spaced apart without overlaps though.

---

This is mapped so well and there's really nothing important at all to point out. Go find a BN lol.

-SMIC

Prismetical wrote:

From your Modding Queue c:

Advanced
00:06:716 (1,2) - I prefer using the playfield here, kinda boring I'd say stacking has a much better effect for the impact in the music for this part.
01:27:813 (2,5) - blanket Not necessary since these objects are far apart and it will compromise flow slghtly.
02:21:813 (6,1) - blanket: As before.
03:43:490 (1) - storyboard fails here
03:46:587 (1) - ^ It looks off in the editor because the SB editor isn't very good. It's perfect in game.

Hard
00:06:716 (1,2) - use the playfield As before.
00:46:587 (4,5) - stack (4) onto (5) This makes for extremely poor time-spacing and spacing these apart feels best to follow the rhythm of the music. There's no need for these two to stack.
00:47:748 (3) - goes out of playfield, mirror vertically This is fine. The object is still completely visible in game.
00:50:458 (1) - plays weird How? It's a 1/3 slider so it may feel a little different to play, but this doesn't need changing.
00:50:458 (1,2) - DS wrong In what way? SV is reduced here and the notes are snapped to 1/3, so a smaller spacing seems more suitable for playability.
00:57:619 (4,3) - would look better if stacked This would compromise flow slightly, and ruin the blanket pattern that is here.

Best wishes! :D
All of the overlaps you have pointed out are of objects that are far enough apart in the timeline that it doesn't matter if they're overlapped in the editor, because you do not see any overlap in game whatsoever.


All of the stacks that were pointed out were manually placed and 100% intentional. It is my preference to have control over the direction of the stack rather than having every single one follow the default right-down flow. 1/2 stacks are offset for readability purposes.

Thanks for modding.
posted
Hello! I'm here from your 2 for 1 Mod for Mod queue. Keep in mind that this is only the second mapset I've modded, so feel free to explain any mistakes you feel I've made to me. Also note that I have difficulty playing maps over 4 stars, so I'll leave Insane and Catharsis for more experienced players.

Normal

03:46:781 (1,1) - I feel like this would work better as one spinner instead of two. I can see why you'd keep it at two, though.

Other than that, I can't see anything weird.

Advanced

03:46:781 (1,1) - Consider moving the end of the first spinner and the beginning of the second spinner back by 1/2 to match up with the vocals.

Hard

00:36:135 (1,2,3) - I'm not sure if this part of the song warrants jumps of this caliber on a Hard map.
01:56:651 (1,2,3) - Same here.
03:10:974 (1,2,3) - And here.
03:46:684 (1,1) - The 1/4 gap between spinners is a little wonky. Consider moving the spinners to how I suggested in the Advanced section. That way, it matches up with the vocals.

I realize I wasn't able to find much, but hopefully, I was able to help. Good luck!
posted

The Ash Raichu wrote:

Hello! I'm here from your 2 for 1 Mod for Mod queue. Keep in mind that this is only the second mapset I've modded, so feel free to explain any mistakes you feel I've made to me. Also note that I have difficulty playing maps over 4 stars, so I'll leave Insane and Catharsis for more experienced players.

Normal

03:46:781 (1,1) - I feel like this would work better as one spinner instead of two. I can see why you'd keep it at two, though. This shouldn't be a problem.

Other than that, I can't see anything weird.

Advanced

03:46:781 (1,1) - Consider moving the end of the first spinner and the beginning of the second spinner back by 1/2 to match up with the vocals. How I have it currently matches the cymbal crashes better, and I feel is more suitable this way than if I mapped the spinner start on the downbeat since there would be no hitsound.

Hard

00:36:135 (1,2,3) - I'm not sure if this part of the song warrants jumps of this caliber on a Hard map.
01:56:651 (1,2,3) - Same here.
03:10:974 (1,2,3) - And here. Reduced these.
03:46:684 (1,1) - The 1/4 gap between spinners is a little wonky. Consider moving the spinners to how I suggested in the Advanced section. That way, it matches up with the vocals. As before. I went and moved the second slider to the red tick though.

I realize I wasn't able to find much, but hopefully, I was able to help. Good luck!
Thanks for modding.
posted
late m4m

[Catharsis]
00:06:426 (4,5) - hitsounds are a bit loud for a lead in, lowering it by 5% or 10% could work better
01:01:684 (6) - nc, this chain is too long, and isnt really consistent with the previous nc lengths
01:07:103 (1,2,1) - as a suggestion, these sliders could use increasing volume, since the song has a buildup in the volume of the instruments as well
01:12:716 (2,1,2) - these 3 are all 1/2 singletaps, but the spacing difference is very large; the song doesn't have a huge change in melody either to warrent such a change in spacing.
01:18:522 (2,3,4) - these triple can be more spaced out, to create that "flowy" feel, especially when the other triples in this section of the song are more spaced out (such as 01:16:974 (3,4,5) - 01:13:297 (1,2,3) - etc)
01:18:910 (5,7) - these 2 can use a bit more spacing in between?
purely subjective, but imo the second break doesnt really fit; like, the music holding at that part doesnt really deserve the short break; if it was left as it is and just a blank space, it would have a better effect for the map (dun really kno how to explain this :/)
01:34:200 (4) - in terms of flow I think moving it towards the right can alleviate the sharp angle of 01:33:813 (2,3,4) -
02:44:264 (2,3,1) - too much of a sharp jump imo
02:45:813 (3) - ctrl+g, the current one's flow is rather awkward to aim
03:10:974 (1) - maybe move towards the left a bit just because it looks good? :v
03:12:329 (2,3,1) - these can be moved downwards a bit, feels more natural that way

[Insane]
01:17:361 (4,5) - imo this throws off the momentum a bit by suddenly stopping the flow and using a stack
02:39:813 (4) - idk but this downbeat shouldn't really be represented using a sliderend imo, since this downbeat sounds rather significant

[Hard]
03:41:942 (1,2,1) - these feel too clumped together lol

Im lazy to mod the 2 low diffs + not much to find
gl!
posted

StarrStyx wrote:

late m4m

[Catharsis]
00:06:426 (4,5) - hitsounds are a bit loud for a lead in, lowering it by 5% or 10% could work better Changed.
01:01:684 (6) - nc, this chain is too long, and isnt really consistent with the previous nc lengths Alright.
01:07:103 (1,2,1) - as a suggestion, these sliders could use increasing volume, since the song has a buildup in the volume of the instruments as well Can do.
01:12:716 (2,1,2) - these 3 are all 1/2 singletaps, but the spacing difference is very large; the song doesn't have a huge change in melody either to warrent such a change in spacing. Changed.
01:18:522 (2,3,4) - these triple can be more spaced out, to create that "flowy" feel, especially when the other triples in this section of the song are more spaced out (such as 01:16:974 (3,4,5) - 01:13:297 (1,2,3) - etc) Changed
01:18:910 (5,7) - these 2 can use a bit more spacing in between? Sure I guess.
purely subjective, but imo the second break doesnt really fit; like, the music holding at that part doesnt really deserve the short break; if it was left as it is and just a blank space, it would have a better effect for the map (dun really kno how to explain this :/) It was there for playability reasons (HP drain), but I agree it feels better without it. I'll see how it fares.
01:34:200 (4) - in terms of flow I think moving it towards the right can alleviate the sharp angle of 01:33:813 (2,3,4) - Not really necessary in my opinion. This would inrease the spacing through these combos which I feel isn't suitable right after the 'break'.
02:44:264 (2,3,1) - too much of a sharp jump imo Changed.
02:45:813 (3) - ctrl+g, the current one's flow is rather awkward to aim What it is currently is better in my opinion. It doesn't make much of a difference in terms of aiming to the start of this slider, and it also points towards the next triple this way. The direction of the kick sliders like this also reflects the pitch in the music too.
03:10:974 (1) - maybe move towards the left a bit just because it looks good? :v Not really necessary and kinda breaks the triangle pattern I have here. Moving the entire triangle breaks the consistency I've had for the other parts of the song.
03:12:329 (2,3,1) - these can be moved downwards a bit, feels more natural that way Sure.

[Insane]
01:17:361 (4,5) - imo this throws off the momentum a bit by suddenly stopping the flow and using a stack This got mentioned before so I changed it.
02:39:813 (4) - idk but this downbeat shouldn't really be represented using a sliderend imo, since this downbeat sounds rather significant The more significant beats are on the red ticks around this (start of held gutiar notes). I feel it is more suitable to map the held guitar note staritng at 02:39:813 with a slider than to properly map the downbeat.

[Hard]
03:41:942 (1,2,1) - these feel too clumped together lol Changed.

Im lazy to mod the 2 low diffs + not much to find
gl!
Thanks for modding!
posted
is this ship sluts

Catharsis:
00:50:071 (1,1,2) - would prefer (1) to end earlier so players are tapping on the downbeat. Especially with the meter change, it's imperative that players have a sense of the definitive downbeat. Apply to all similar patterns.
01:11:748 (1,2,1,2) - Why are these so huge. I let it slide earlier because you had like build-ups but this literally isn't building up to anything.
02:36:426 (4) - pls don't do this sliderend overlap
02:50:845 (1,2) - like the sliderjumps are weird here because you have reduced spacing for the normal notes but suddenly I'm sprinting across the map and like I don't get it lol. Make it somewhat more consistent or at least have reason within the music to have the jumps
03:12:522 (1) - finish pls

Insane:
fine

Hard:
01:36:329 (6) - This would be more effective stacked under (3) than (4)

AdvanceD:
01:43:490 (3) – This is the perfect opportunity to do a nice build-up and the long slider is a little disappointing.

Normal:
Fine

It’s actually a really nice map and I like it a lot
show more
Please sign in to reply.