forum

Mutiplayer: Handling people without beatmaps. [answered] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
GSGold
From what I can tell, if a person doesn't have a beatmap in a multiplayer game, the game can't start. While this is usually an innocent situation, I can see this quickly becoming irritating if there's no chat or the beatmapless person is staying in the room or rejoining when the host kicks them.

So what I'd like to see is some solution so they can either be quickly provided the beatmap (Perhaps a small "Get it!" button if you don't have the map that links to the page), or some automated way for them to be forced out of the room if everyone else is ready (The host can just start the game as usual, and people without beatmaps are pushed back to the lobby).

I haven't finangled with multiplayer enough to know a lot about it, but those are just a few thoughts I had.
Saturos

GSGold wrote:

So what I'd like to see is some solution so they can either be quickly provided the beatmap (Perhaps a small "Get it!" button if you don't have the map that links to the page)
I believe this is the solution that's in the works right now.
Darius Ukugagi
I really hope so, Saturos, it's a very small problem, but it impacts the enjoyability of the game quite a lot, especially with someone impatient like me.
peppy
A download link is already given to players without the beatmap? Have you guys never been on the receiving end of this situation? :P

Anyway if someone joins your game without the map and are holding you up, you can kick them. Or wait.

I don't really want to force them back to lobby.
RemmyX25
I wish some people had some ediquite (sp?) when it comes to multiplayer. I havent had any problems, but when I dont have a beatmap, I get it immediately, leaving a note in the chatroom. I can understand if you have a poor connection and beatmaps take a while to download, but PLEASE tell us so!
Topic Starter
GSGold

peppy wrote:

A download link is already given to players without the beatmap? Have you guys never been on the receiving end of this situation? :P
Well, I have most of the beatmap packs, so I didn't see that a link is already given until earlier today. The "click to download" link I got just led me to a page with a bunch of PHP errors. (Fun Fact, I typo'd that as "arrows".)

Anyway, I suppose there's enough solutions to get around this, except if the host doesn't bother to ever kick him and everyone else is ready, but even then we can start our own game. Problem solved?
Echo
If this isn't how it works already, I think if they have the music file but not the latest osu they should be able to download that from inside the room.