forum

Igorrr - Pavor Nocturnus [2015]

posted
Total Posts
show more
ComfyWolf
I agree with grumd here to an extent, if we're going to change the title here are some ideas...

For the artist you can use something like Igorrr & Corpo-Mente, or something like that sort. (I guess Igorrr and Laure Le Prunenec works too...)

As for the song you can just either A: make a combination of the two titles, or B: put both titles in.

As for the map...

I actually really like it :) Don't think I hate it cause I actually think it's fun as hell (especially that deathstream at the hell good christ)

I just would suggest slightly darker combo colours; I like the contrast but I think it can maybe benefit from a darker colour? (especially because of the gloomy nature of pavor nocturnus)

Great map, I think you just got the short stick this time from the community. :(
Topic Starter
Kyshiro
If there's going to be a QAT DQing this, please do talk to me IN GAME first before DQing, that's all I'm asking. Thank you
grumd

A Mystery wrote:

One thing I want to say: If you use 1/4 instead of 1/8 you are not doing anything wrong (technically), so those points are invalid to an extent
If you want to use 1/4 instead of 1/8, do it consistently.
grumd

Baraatje123 wrote:

Meta data, look to Bad Apple (Yoyoyuppe), or the new MIIRO
It should be fine as long as the other song's name is in tags
Then change the title to "Igorrr - Pavor Nocturnus [2015]". Remastered 2015 version has a different official name.
https://soundcloud.com/igorrr/pavor-nocturnus-2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCakBQPKY_M
These are different
Topic Starter
Kyshiro
honestly, adding [2015] to the title sounds dumb as fuck, but i guess that's a valid point if that actually does need to be changed. I still do not agree with the rest however
A Mystery

grumd wrote:

A Mystery wrote:

One thing I want to say: If you use 1/4 instead of 1/8 you are not doing anything wrong (technically), so those points are invalid to an extent
If you want to use 1/4 instead of 1/8, do it consistently.
It doesn't have to be consistent imo, for some places it works out better to just use 1/4 streams instead of using 1/8 sliders all the time
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

A Mystery wrote:

A Mystery wrote:

A Mystery wrote:

A Mystery wrote:

ALSO like I said it's FAR too distorted to make out which rhythm it is at most points. I DID pay attention to rhythm a LOT, hell there's even a 3/16 slider in it.
Stefan
Man, I was about to ask if I could do a Taiko Difficulty for this. darn

Also, keep this thread civilized. Before anyone thinks about to start a shitfest I am going to warn you before.
Secretpipe

Stefan wrote:

Also, keep this thread civilized.

Secretpipe wrote:

Take it easy
Rinn_old_1

grumd wrote:

Baraatje123 wrote:

Meta data, look to Bad Apple (Yoyoyuppe), or the new MIIRO
It should be fine as long as the other song's name is in tags
Then change the title to "Igorrr - Pavor Nocturnus [2015]". Remastered 2015 version has a different official name.
https://soundcloud.com/igorrr/pavor-nocturnus-2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCakBQPKY_M
These are different
Exactly, it is a re-recording. A remaster is basically re-doing the original mastering of the track without altering the original composition.
Pavor Nocturnus [2015] is altered in its original composition with different vocals, mixdown, effects and instruments.
So, it's not a remastering.
Raiden
Not very fond of speedranks, but I didn't find anything out of place (even tho I don't map nor mod standard and thus this post is plain useless)

Would have loved a taiko diff for this one.
Okoratu
grumd

grumd wrote:

I have huge questions about the source of the mp3. This is basically your own mp3 which you created by compiling two different songs from Gautier Serre? One is Corpo-Mente, and then there's a second one which is Igorrr - Pavor Nocturnus [2015]. Source in soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/igorrr/pavor-nocturnus-2015
There was no other place where this song was released. Therefore, this is NOT "Igorrr - Pavor Nocturnus", so the beatmap title was incorrect. You just made your own custom mp3 using two songs from different artists for the sake of it being longer than 5 minutes?
This should be disqualified at least to change the song title. It's wrong. ✐ this actually is a valid point but the amount of stress you put on the word wrong already gives off that you will most likely continue in this tone

Also your nice speedrank in 4 days results in unpolished map and wrong rhythm in some places. ➥ .
Examples:
02:11:147 - there is no sound in the music ➥ but... uhhm.. there.... is?
02:22:785 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - all the blue ticks here have no sound in the music, this is unneeded and overmapped ➥ while it is not the most obvious rhythm choice... there are sounds??
02:35:544 (3,4,5) - here you should add notes on the blue ticks and remove this note 02:36:147 (7) - since the rhythm of this part just doesn't follow the music ➥ elaborate on this point... the thing quite obviously follows the guitar, it's essentially the same as 02:33:130 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - which does... the same so i don't get your point
02:50:458 (5) - This note should be removed as well ➥ uhm. why? there's a sound, a quite obvious one
These are just minor mistakes in my opinion. The biggest and really important is with your 1/8 and 1/16 sliders.
02:42:785 (2) - This slider should have only 3 notes (1 repeat arrow). The reasons are simple: there's not enough time to unpress and press the button again. It's 1/8 and it's really not that easy to hit. Most of players will get a lot of 100s on this slider and a part of them will even break the combo. This pattern will be a lot better with the last repeat removed. ➥ contrary to your point, which to some extend makes sense i had literally no problem playing this, the way it's spaced is pretty much straightforward
02:46:233 (5) - This slider should end on 02:46:406 - because 1/4 rhythm starts here, but NOT here 02:46:492 - ➥ i think this is done intentionally, because either adding a circle on the blue tick or leaving it empty would feel really weird when playing it, so instead he extended a slider. though extending repeats is questionable i kind of agree on your point that it could have been a tiny bit closer to what the song is
02:54:509 (5) - This slider should start on 02:54:596 - (similar as above, just wrong rhythm)
02:57:613 (3) - According to the pattern you set earlier with using 1/8 and 1/16 (1/16 at sounds like this 02:51:751 (1,2) - and 1/8 at sounds like this 02:48:992 (3) - ) you should use here two 1/16 sliders instead of one 1/8. Not even saying that you missed same sounds at 02:57:958 (1,2) - ➥ actually spamming 1/2 sliders over the vocals is kind of understandable and straightforward? and 02:59:337 (3,4,5) - ➥ uhh i think this particular slider follows the same idea as 02:48:992 (3) - so i think it's been done on purpose to provide some variety in a chaotic song like this this kind of makes sense to me
02:59:682 (5,1) - Missed 1/8 sound between these two sliders. ➥ you didn't point them out just above right? uhh anyways i think the same argument with spamming 1/2 sliders over vocals can be applied to that
03:11:406 (1,2) - Here you can't decide whether to follow the vocals or the drums, that's why this part is played really awfully. You should choose between the two and follow the music better. ➥ uh the part from 03:05:199 - to 03:13:475 - is one of the most obvious buildups i have seen in a while. he used 1/1 sliders at first and increased SV on them until he ended up with sliders so long that splitting them into two makes sense according to the buildup. the way this all towers in a stream and a kiai flash makes this whole thing really obvious and i don't know if saying it's wrong is right
03:15:544 (1,2,3) - You were following 1/8 and 1/16 pretty strictly at the beginning but you totally forgot about them later. Here you miss a lot of rhythm again. Be consistent, either do not map 1/8 and 1/16, or map every pattern in the song like that. Don't map just half of it and forget about the other. ➥ uhm if you look at the part itself then it's obviously supposed to ignore more sounds because following everything would lead to even as dense rhythms here as in the kiai section, which might be the reason for not doing it here
03:17:699 - Missed a sound here. ➥ so?
03:20:630 - Yeah here as well. ➥ so?
04:07:354 - But this note should be removed, it's 1/2. ➥ are we both listening to the same song? this one is clearly not 1/2 and putting the weaker sound on the sliderend actually fits
04:07:958 (8,9,1,2) - These are 1/8 (1/16?) ➥ now you're hearing sounds that i don't hear, it's like a screeching sound, so mapping either way over them should be ok... which kyshiro does in order to be able to use more patterns for the same sound?
04:12:096 (3,4,5) - This is 1/8 ➥ so he's not allowed to follow the very strong 1/4 drums instead because that's what this would most likely feel like?
04:13:302 (6,7,1) - This is 1/8 ➥ yes, but 04:13:130 (4,5,6) - as well as 04:13:475 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - are constant 1/4 sounds which are quite loud, ignoring one of the circles for another 1/8 slider would pretty much play worse because you would have to stop for a more or less continuous string of sounds in order to hold down a key for the 1/8 slider
04:42:268 (7,8,1) - This is 1/8 ➥ literally the same logic applies to this one
04:37:268 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - This is totally not just simple 1/4 ➥ going with the logic of previous patterns it kind of makes sense to map this as simple 1/4 because a huge chunk of the streams in the kiai are simplifying the 1/8 to 1/4 circles
That's not every single mistake you did, these are just the things I could notice on my first sight. This map has a lot of rhythm problems and should be MODDED before it gets ranked. This song has a VERY hard to map rhythm, A LOT OF important little patterns, so it's not a 1/2 TV size you should speedrank. THIS NEEDS MODDING. Unless you want to make a shitmap. If you aim at shitmapping, go ahead and speedrank stuff like this. Would be much appreciated. ➥ so instead of modding it while considering the mappers intention and ideas behind it you go out of your way to say things are wrong because you think they are wrong?

So, to sum up:
This must be disqualified and modded to death.
1. Wrong title. This is not Igorrr - Pavor Nocturnus. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/57525 This is Pavor Nocturnus.
The song you mapped here is a custom mix made of Corpo-Mente - Arsalein and Igorrr - Pavor Nocturnus [2015].
This must be called something else. Some kind of compilation, remix, mix, anything but not just Pavor Nocturnus.
2. Major rhythm inconsistencies and basic mistakes. This map didn't even receive any fucking decent modding. Like, are you fucking serious? ➥ could you watch your language? It's not like it ended in the official ranked section after 4 days but in the qualified section
Please get some modding, make a good map out of this and then rerank. Thank you.
I'll go find some QATs to approve my point.

please explain your points better because as it stands now this is just a massive rant instead of a mod. The way you word things is sometimes insultive and sometimes lacks coherent reasoning behind it which makes it a lot less obvious as to why you actually disagree with the things presented by the mapper. Seeing how this difficulty looks I assume everything put in here is there for a reason, and the more I think about what possible reasons Kyshiro could use to prefer e.g. 1/4 circles over 1/8 sliders the more it actually makes sense to me.
If you don't like them doing that, please explain your viewpoint better because right now your only argument for most of the things you present as issues here are "i don't like this", if you can actually logically present why you don't like it and why it should be changed people might suddenly become a lot more cooperative and understanding.

I am by no means trying to defend this difficulty at all costs or anything like that I'm merely trying to tell you that the way you worded your post makes you appear rude and you in some instances - which i highlighted above - your reasoning does not seem to be based on logic but more on "I dislike this because this is not how I mapped the old version of it"

With that much said, I actually liked playing this and congratulations on the qualification, if it stays or not is not by me or grumd to decide but by a team who will either use a bot to post the issues they found in it, or will let it obtain the ranked status
Discussing this further based on how everyone of us feels about the map will not get us anywhere because right now the mapper cannot even change/implement any suggestions into it due to it being qualified.

We could just all get along and help the mapper altogether if it turns out this needs further help, right
Nomination Assessment Team

Disqualification Notice

This has been disqualified upon request by the mapper or nominating nominator within 12 hours after qualification. Please ensure to make your adjustments and then you are free to requalify it.

###0
Topic Starter
Kyshiro
The reason I wanted it to be DQ'd was the title, [2015] needs to be added to it, im open for suggestions and will look into previous suggestions
ac8129464363
I thought if you made the mp3 you're free to title it how you want lol
Okoratu
welp deetz i think you can take the correct metadata for either of the songs used in it, and that's why this is in wip now?
23:45 Okoratu: 04:23:475 (5,6,7,8,1) - like why is this using lower spacing as most of the stuff surrounding it
23:46 Okoratu: you do it in 04:34:854 (5,6,7,8,1) - as well
23:46 Okoratu: so i assume there is a reason
23:47 Kyshiro: the 2nd one is kind of a buildup to the intense jumps
23:47 Kyshiro: the first one, idunno, i map by feeling, and i felt the song was going down in strength a bit on that part
23:47 Kyshiro: and recovered right after
23:47 Okoratu: it loses an instrument there
23:47 Okoratu: i just figured it out
23:48 Okoratu: the instrument that plays on every 1/2 in 04:22:785 (1,2,3,4) -
23:48 Okoratu: suddenly stops for that stream and picks back up in the downbeat
23:48 Okoratu: does that sense xD
23:49 Okoratu: am i the only one having a massive struggle with accuracy and the first part
23:49 Kyshiro: yeah
23:50 Kyshiro: that's normal cause it's 100bpm and 1/6 on some parts loll
23:50 Kyshiro: its too slow
23:50 Okoratu: did you throw both songs together
23:50 Kyshiro: well yes? wasnt that clear yet lol
23:51 Okoratu: not thaat clear because i would have chosen 2 songs with similar speeds
23:51 Okoratu: so that the ar for the first one doesn't feel real high
23:51 Kyshiro: well i looked for a similar sounding/feeling song more than a similar bpm
23:51 Kyshiro: that'd make more sense
23:52 Kyshiro: most people couldnt even tell by the way this went over into eachother 01:34:154 -
23:53 Okoratu: well i found it strange that they suddenly exchange the vocalist from female to male xD
23:53 Kyshiro: why
23:53 Kyshiro: there's female vocals in pavor nocturnus as well
23:53 Kyshiro: 03:06:934 -
23:53 Kyshiro: which are if im not mistaken, the same person
23:54 Kyshiro: cause corpo-mente is a side project from igorrr
23:54 Kyshiro: or at least a seperate band with the same people in it
23:54 Okoratu: yes but suddenly the whole thing changes pacing and vocalist
23:54 Okoratu: so i was like lols when playing
23:54 Kyshiro: well idk i dont think people notice that
23:54 Kyshiro: the pace, sure
23:54 Kyshiro: but the vocals idk
23:55 Kyshiro: and honestly 100 bpm 1/6 isnt so much different from 174bpm??? i think
23:55 Okoratu: 01:57:958 (1) - couldn't this one be better off with crtl g which would make it really similar to 01:55:716 (4,1,2) - but just more spaced dunno
23:57 Okoratu: 02:10:371 (1) - most other downbeats like this have jumps before them and this one sticks out by not having that i think
23:58 Kyshiro: i kinda
23:58 Kyshiro: chose pattern over logic there ithink
23:58 Okoratu: 03:04:165 (1) - does this have 1 repeat too much?
23:58 Kyshiro: LOL
23:59 Kyshiro: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
23:59 Okoratu: i think it actually does have one more repeat than it should have
23:59 Kyshiro: technically not cause the sound extends even past the note
23:59 Kyshiro: but it does have one more than it should i think yes fuck
00:00 Okoratu: considering how you do stuff like that for playability i think this one is actually not intended xDD
00:00 Kyshiro: i did purposely make it shorter
00:00 Kyshiro: but shit it's 1/16 and probably only made it 1 reverse shorter instead of 2
00:02 Okoratu: i can see how 04:10:371 (1) - might have been longer before
00:02 Kyshiro: that one actually HAS to end there though
00:02 Kyshiro: or
00:02 Kyshiro: what no
00:02 Kyshiro: IDK
00:03 Kyshiro: well the vocals end there
00:03 Kyshiro: is that a valid arguemtn
00:03 Okoratu: like i just said i can understand why you shortened stuff
00:03 Okoratu: because it would literally play like ass if you didnt
00:04 Okoratu: 04:31:578 (7,8,9,10,1) - i think the combination of jump and then direction-breaking low stream spacing provokes chokes unnecessarily
00:04 Okoratu: at least it made me choke twice until i just memorised it
00:04 Okoratu: just saying lols
00:05 Kyshiro: uh
00:05 Okoratu: u can just say that i suck and disregard it xD
00:05 Kyshiro: no i wont
00:05 Kyshiro: i take everything into consideration obviously
00:06 Kyshiro: i get your point but its not even that much of a jump really
00:06 Okoratu: it's not that much of a jump but when considering movements and cursor speed changes
00:06 Okoratu: this one is tricky
00:07 Kyshiro: well it does start the next part with a lowspaced tripple so
00:07 Okoratu: 04:42:440 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - doesn't pitch of this actually increase and streamspace decrease or
00:09 Okoratu: 05:14:509 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - also why does this work so well like everytime i tried something like this it ended up playing like ass for me but this plays so nice are you a magican
00:09 Okoratu: lool
00:10 Kyshiro: pitch increase and so does stream spacing
00:10 Kyshiro: at least that made most sense
00:10 Kyshiro: and lol idek
00:11 Okoratu: ye but why does it lower to 0.6
00:11 Okoratu: wouldn't increasing from base space also be cool
00:12 Kyshiro: oh i started it low
00:12 Kyshiro: because i didnt want to end up with 1.0 to 1.5 lol
00:12 Kyshiro: notes would be seperated
00:12 Kyshiro: and i also keep HR into mind a small bit
00:12 Kyshiro: just a tiny bit
00:12 Okoratu: oh ok makes sense
00:13 Okoratu: though i did think that going from streamspacing you had before would make most sense with nomod, you just couldn't do as drastical changes as you do there right now
00:13 Kyshiro: well i didnt want notes to be seperated in the first place
00:13 Kyshiro: because i hate that myself
00:13 Okoratu: the only thing that annoyed me about the diff actually
00:13 Kyshiro: and it'd be the only part where i did it in the whole map so meh
00:14 Okoratu: was 01:49:251 (6,7,8) - because this turn is sharper than like most other things
00:14 Kyshiro: actually the only thing that annoyed me was this 04:45:544 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
00:14 Okoratu: and myu reading fucked it up
00:14 Kyshiro: cause it looks like ass
00:14 Kyshiro: but couldnt change cause i'd need 2 new bubbles LOL
00:14 Kyshiro: uh
00:14 Kyshiro: it's really sharp yea
00:14 Kyshiro: just not enough for osu to autostack it
00:14 Okoratu: i don't think it needs to be thaat sharp considering the rest of the map and how sudden it is
00:15 Okoratu: so did you req a dq for metaderpa
00:15 Kyshiro: yeah
00:15 Okoratu: i just noticed lol
00:15 Kyshiro: DQ was inevitable
00:15 Okoratu: so you can actually change the stuff you think looks like ass
00:15 Okoratu: x)
00:15 Kyshiro: that too
00:15 Kyshiro: lol
00:16 Okoratu: and if anything i said was usefull at all
00:16 Kyshiro: yeah i'm gonna look back into the chat and fix stuff now
00:16 Okoratu: do whatever you want to
00:16 Kyshiro: so
00:16 Kyshiro: post log and i'll kd lol
00:16 Okoratu: k lol
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

deetz wrote:

I thought if you made the mp3 you're free to title it how you want lol
the actual song is called Igorrr - Pavor Nocturnus [2015] on soundcloud, so it should be this way i guess
VINXIS
hahahahahahaahhanvmwotiwrotehere
Sieg

grumd wrote:

You just made your own custom mp3 using two songs from different artists for the sake of it being longer than 5 minutes?
outstanding idea tbh
Topic Starter
Kyshiro
Okay so I made necessary changes from grumd's post and other people's IRC stuff as well. Rhythm wise I am confident that it's fine now. I take playability highly into consideration whether to place 1/8 or 1/16 sliders or not, I even went further than I normally would here because everyone knows 1/8 sliders play like shit most of the times.

If you got suggestions, go for it
grumd
Kyshiro, after reading Okoratu's post I thought I should apologize for being quite impolite and rude. Actually the main reason that made me kinda mad was the fact that you compiled two separate songs that don't even fit to each other. But well, you're free to map whatever you want. Actually there is a song from Igorrr which is meant to be the second part of Pavor Nocturnus, and it's Caros. You can listen how it sounds together here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jTDDOW_R68 This is just one interesting thing you might want to listen to.
But back to the main thing: your map. I indeed wasn't clear at all in my wordings when tried to point out the stuff I find wrong. I'm happy you've disqualified the map and that you're open for improvements. I'll check which changes you did and will post a more detailed mod with clearer explanations. At least I will try. I will try to be less harsh on 1/8s and 1/16s since they're indeed quite subjective, it's hard to tell which one should be mapped in a different way. But I'll try my best to help and search for BNs to requalify it.
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

grumd wrote:

Kyshiro, after reading Okoratu's post I thought I should apologize for being quite impolite and rude. Actually the main reason that made me kinda mad was the fact that you compiled two separate songs that don't even fit to each other. But well, you're free to map whatever you want. Actually there is a song from Igorrr which is meant to be the second part of Pavor Nocturnus, and it's Caros. You can listen how it sounds together here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jTDDOW_R68 This is just one interesting thing you might want to listen to.
But back to the main thing: your map. I indeed wasn't clear at all in my wordings when tried to point out the stuff I find wrong. I'm happy you've disqualified the map and that you're open for improvements. I'll check which changes you did and will post a more detailed mod with clearer explanations. At least I will try. I will try to be less harsh on 1/8s and 1/16s since they're indeed quite subjective, it's hard to tell which one should be mapped in a different way. But I'll try my best to help and search for BNs to requalify it.
Talked about the matter in game and things cleared up, just writing that here so i dont look like a complete ass lmao
A Mystery

Kyshiro wrote:

Talked about the matter in game and things cleared up, just writing that here so i dont look like a complete ass lmao
Doesn't work, you always look like an ass
grumd

• When I'm modding rhythm, I'm setting all the hitsounds to 5% to hear only the music and see if the rhythm is actually right. I strongly suggest you to do the same when checking my mod.
  1. 00:21:554 - You pretty much need a note here. All the music before this was calm and steady, but this note is a start of a new section which sounds really differently. You can't leave it without a note.
  2. 00:34:954 - Think about adding a note here? This one is a part of 1/6 section here 00:34:554 (4,5,1,2) - , it's the same as this 00:27:254 (4,1,2) - , so I guess you'd like to make it consistent.
  3. 00:41:154 - Maybe you could also add a note here and even less maybe here 00:41:254 -
  4. 00:43:554 - This pattern would sound a lot better if you replaced this second slider with a 1/6 stream, since this note 00:43:554 - is quite loud and high pitched compared to other notes on this pattern.
  5. 00:52:754 (1) - This bugs me just a bit, but the red point should be 1 pixel to the right, huh.
  6. 01:00:254 (2) - Why is it 1.2x? The stream was 1.0x before.
  7. 01:02:354 (2) - 1.9x with previous slider, but 2.15x with the next slider. If you want a nice triangle, then you should move 01:02:954 (3) - to x:242, y:222.
  8. 01:48:992 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4) - This about making this stream circular. It's quite cluttered here and messed up. A bit more clear pattern would be nice.
  9. 01:52:440 (3,4,5,6,1) - Your map is very inconsistent in terms of stream spacing. Here it's 0.6x, but here it's 1.1x 01:50:371 (5,6,7,8,1) -
  10. 01:58:302 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - This just looks ugly, I don't see what would were going to do here. Is it intended? Or maybe you just could reshape this stream to make it pretty. That's a minor thing though.
  11. 02:00:716 (5,6,7,8,1) - 02:02:440 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1) - Inconsistent spacing again. I don't see a reason to make the spacing different. Maybe fix these things? I'm not going to point out every single one, just if you want to polish this one, pick a spacing you'd like to use in similar parts and fix the inconsistency.
  12. 02:02:785 (6) - This beat is quite hard, bass here, think about adding a slider stream here? To underline the bass.
  13. 02:11:147 - Okoratu said there is a sound here. But with no hitsounds and with 25% speed I can't hear anything. Really, I don't hear any sounds. There shouldn't be a note here.
  14. 02:22:871 (2,4) - I think you should remove these two. It sounds a lot better without them, because the actual stream starts at 02:23:130 (5) - where the drums come in, and before this one there are only 1/2 clear sounds. Those (2) and (4) blue ticks either don't exist or are just too quiet. I can't hear them anyway.
  15. 02:35:544 (3,4,5) - Listen closely, it should be a stream. You missed notes on the blue ticks. 02:36:147 (7) - And this one should be removed. Try to listen at 25%. And turn the hitsounds off, as I suggested earlier. I hope you did this. Helps with rhythm modding a lot.
  16. 02:42:785 (2) - This thing again. It's really important. When I was mapping the first Pavor, I always left a space of 1/4 between a 1/8 slider and anything afterwards. You just need time to unpress the button and press again, and when the time is 1/4, you can play this one just like a 1/4 slider or a 1/2 note. It's really a lot easier to play, it's more fun, you don't get a lot of 100s and don't sliderbreak. And still it sounds exactly like a 1/8 slider, bringing the needed effect in the map. That's a good compromise between playability and rhythm. PLEASE REMOVE LAST REPEAT. Ok? Pls. http://i.imgur.com/CArsh6n.png
  17. Now we're coming to this talk about consistency. Look at these two patterns closely: 02:46:233 (5) - and 02:42:785 (2,3) - .
    If you listen carefully at 75% or something, you'll notice that they both are a bit of 1/8 + 1/4 triple. Basically 02:42:785 (2,3) - This one is a good way to map it, according to the music, but the next one (02:46:233 (5) - ) is wrong, since it uses 1/8 where should be 1/4 rhythm. I suggest you to replace the second pattern with something like the first one. Like, 1/8 triple, then a 1/4 triple and a stream afterwards. To make the border between this pattern and the upcoming stream more clear, you can use sliderstream for the last part. I'll screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/w8hwolf.png (first object at 02:46:233 - )
  18. 02:48:992 (3) - This one is less of a problem, but still. 02:49:165 - This note is a hard note and when you place it on the slider end, it's not emphasized. But it should be. When I mapped this sound, I used two short 1/8 sliders to emphasize the wizz sounds. And well, if you listen to this closely, you'll hear that this sound actually kinda consists of two short wizz-sounds. Eh. English is strong. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/E69k5b6.png (first at 02:48:992 - )
    This is a bit similar to 02:50:716 (1,2) - , but 1/8 instead of 1/16.
  19. 02:50:716 (1,2) - I would actually not use the 1/16 in this map since, as we said earlier, it's really hard to say when you should use 1/8 or 1/16, and because you alter this a lot, it brings a lot of inconsistency and misunderstandings in the map rhythm. I'd just use 1/8 for everything wizzy.
  20. 02:53:820 (1,2,3,4) - Eh, try to listen at slow speed. I think (1,2) should be only 1/2 rhythm, and (3,4) might fit as a sliderstream. (But I'd use 1/2 everywhere)
  21. 02:55:889 (1,2,3,4) - Sounds on these 4 are very subtle and quiet, it doesn't fit as a stream. Usually you use streams on hard and loud drums, but here you can hardly hear anything. I'd use 1/2 if not 1/1. Try to remap this pattern. The only clear 1/4 here is 02:56:406 (4) -
  22. 02:57:613 (1,2) - This sound in the music sounds more like 02:48:992 (3,4,5) - but not like 02:50:716 (1,2,3) - . Or I don't know. Again, hard to say if you should use 1/8 or 1/16. Consider changing everything to 1/8 just to make it less complicated. It will still be very nice to play.
  23. Consistency talks. 02:57:613 (1,2) - repeating wizz sliders - check. 02:58:647 (3,4) - repeating wizz sliders - check. 02:59:337 (3,4) - repeating wizz... Oh wait. Here you can see that all 3 patterns have the same sound in the music, totally the same wizz stuff, but first two times you use those repeating sliders, and later you just place simple 1/2. Might add same repeating sliders at the 3rd pattern?
  24. 03:19:509 (9,10,1) - Fix the spacing please.
  25. 03:22:096 (2) - This is the same as 02:48:992 - . You should use two repeating sliders instead of one.
  26. 03:40:371 (1) - This should be 1/4. Listen to the music. (I still like how it's with 1/2, just pointing out the proper rhythm)
  27. 03:44:509 (1,2,1,2) - Brilliant. But notice that free space between (1) and (2) is 1/2, but between others it's only 1/4. Maybe extend (1) until 03:44:939 - ?
  28. 03:58:733 (7) - This note should be removed. Listen to it without the hitsounds.
  29. 04:09:509 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - Listen carefully. You'll see that you can only hear drums for the first 5 notes. Drums are just as always, a 5-ple here. From (2) to (6). Starting from (7) the sound changes a lot. It's not the same stream anymore. I think (7) should be even probably removed. But later it's even more complicated. The same wizz sound as at 04:10:371 (1) - can be heard at (8) (04:10:027 - ). Ideally, you'd place a wizz slider at the place of (8), but a huge bass sound at 04:10:199 - (10) really breaks this idea. The best solution I could come up with was using a 1/2 slider from 04:10:027 - to 04:10:199 - . Try to place it and look how it sounds: http://i.imgur.com/73BnB9F.jpg
  30. 04:12:096 (3,4,5) - This is clearly a wizz sound, same as at 02:48:992 (3,4,5) - . Use those sliders please, they are cool. And again, consistency. It really sucks when you place a nice rhythm in one place in a map, then a minute later same thing sounds in the song and you use simple stuff pretending that you didn't hear the sounds. It really only brings the inconsistency. I don't see a reason to place 1/4 here.
  31. 04:12:958 (3,4,5,6) - This rhythm is quite hard to understand because it's getting overlapped with previous stream at 04:12:096 (3,4,5) - . That's a very hard and unusual rhythm, so you should make it clearly visible. If you fixed previous suggestion, then this problem should not exist.
  32. 04:16:233 (3) - Same thing again, as at 02:48:992 (3,4,5) - . You better use two 1/8 sliders instead of one. Just because of that huge hard sound at 04:16:406 - . http://i.imgur.com/nme2FeF.png
  33. 04:26:061 (2) - You didn't fix this important, very important thing from my original comment. The 1/4 stream should start at the white tick at 04:26:233 - . Yes, when you listen to it at 25%, you can hear subtle yellow tick 1/8 sounds, BUT! Which is a lot more important, it's very hard to start this stream from the red tick, because the red tick is a lower beat, and the long repeating slider make you go off the beat. It's a lot funnier and easier to start from the white tick here imo.
  34. 05:04:509 (2,3,4) - This should be a 1/4 stream according to the music.
  35. 05:09:682 - Consider adding a repeating wizz 1/8 short slider here because of the sound at the stream beginning. Just like here: 04:22:096 (3,4,5,6,7,8) -
I'm so fucking tired oh my god. I hate breakcore.
Hope this helps. Best of luck.
grumd

A Mystery wrote:

Kyshiro wrote:

gtfo srsly
A Mystery

grumd wrote:

A Mystery wrote:

gtfo srsly
>implying that I was serious
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

grumd wrote:

• When I'm modding rhythm, I'm setting all the hitsounds to 5% to hear only the music and see if the rhythm is actually right. I strongly suggest you to do the same when checking my mod.
  1. 00:21:554 - You pretty much need a note here. All the music before this was calm and steady, but this note is a start of a new section which sounds really differently. You can't leave it without a note.
  2. 00:34:954 - Think about adding a note here? This one is a part of 1/6 section here 00:34:554 (4,5,1,2) - , it's the same as this 00:27:254 (4,1,2) - , so I guess you'd like to make it consistent.
  3. 00:41:154 - Maybe you could also add a note here and even less maybe here 00:41:254 - I'd rather not do these, this is kinda where the guitar comes forward so it's kinda focused on that
  4. 00:43:554 - This pattern would sound a lot better if you replaced this second slider with a 1/6 stream, since this note 00:43:554 - is quite loud and high pitched compared to other notes on this pattern.
  5. 00:52:754 (1) - This bugs me just a bit, but the red point should be 1 pixel to the right, huh.
  6. 01:00:254 (2) - Why is it 1.2x? The stream was 1.0x before.
  7. 01:02:354 (2) - 1.9x with previous slider, but 2.15x with the next slider. If you want a nice triangle, then you should move 01:02:954 (3) - to x:242, y:222.
  8. 01:48:992 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4) - This about making this stream circular. It's quite cluttered here and messed up. A bit more clear pattern would be nice.
  9. 01:52:440 (3,4,5,6,1) - Your map is very inconsistent in terms of stream spacing. Here it's 0.6x, but here it's 1.1x 01:50:371 (5,6,7,8,1) - Thats just kind of the way the song feels, the vocals there make it sound really low, low pitch = low spacing or at least that's how I experience it
  10. 01:58:302 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - This just looks ugly, I don't see what would were going to do here. Is it intended? Or maybe you just could reshape this stream to make it pretty. That's a minor thing though.
  11. 02:00:716 (5,6,7,8,1) - 02:02:440 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1) - Inconsistent spacing again. I don't see a reason to make the spacing different. Maybe fix these things? I'm not going to point out every single one, just if you want to polish this one, pick a spacing you'd like to use in similar parts and fix the inconsistency.Same as before in a way, also for the sake of variation
  12. 02:02:785 (6) - This beat is quite hard, bass here, think about adding a slider stream here? To underline the bass.
  13. 02:11:147 - Okoratu said there is a sound here. But with no hitsounds and with 25% speed I can't hear anything. Really, I don't hear any sounds. There shouldn't be a note here.
  14. 02:22:871 (2,4) - I think you should remove these two. It sounds a lot better without them, because the actual stream starts at 02:23:130 (5) - where the drums come in, and before this one there are only 1/2 clear sounds. Those (2) and (4) blue ticks either don't exist or are just too quiet. I can't hear them anyway. already did that dangit l2 redl
  15. 02:35:544 (3,4,5) - Listen closely, it should be a stream. You missed notes on the blue ticks. 02:36:147 (7) - And this one should be removed. Try to listen at 25%. And turn the hitsounds off, as I suggested earlier. I hope you did this. Helps with rhythm modding a lot. I know and I really did this on purpose cause the guitar is really overwhelming the song more than the drums here
  16. 02:42:785 (2) - This thing again. It's really important. When I was mapping the first Pavor, I always left a space of 1/4 between a 1/8 slider and anything afterwards. You just need time to unpress the button and press again, and when the time is 1/4, you can play this one just like a 1/4 slider or a 1/2 note. It's really a lot easier to play, it's more fun, you don't get a lot of 100s and don't sliderbreak. And still it sounds exactly like a 1/8 slider, bringing the needed effect in the map. That's a good compromise between playability and rhythm. PLEASE REMOVE LAST REPEAT. Ok? Pls. http://i.imgur.com/CArsh6n.png fine jeez
  17. Now we're coming to this talk about consistency. Look at these two patterns closely: 02:46:233 (5) - and 02:42:785 (2,3) - .
    If you listen carefully at 75% or something, you'll notice that they both are a bit of 1/8 + 1/4 triple. Basically 02:42:785 (2,3) - This one is a good way to map it, according to the music, but the next one (02:46:233 (5) - ) is wrong, since it uses 1/8 where should be 1/4 rhythm. I suggest you to replace the second pattern with something like the first one. Like, 1/8 triple, then a 1/4 triple and a stream afterwards. To make the border between this pattern and the upcoming stream more clear, you can use sliderstream for the last part. I'll screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/w8hwolf.png (first object at 02:46:233 - )
  18. 02:48:992 (3) - This one is less of a problem, but still. 02:49:165 - This note is a hard note and when you place it on the slider end, it's not emphasized. But it should be. When I mapped this sound, I used two short 1/8 sliders to emphasize the wizz sounds. And well, if you listen to this closely, you'll hear that this sound actually kinda consists of two short wizz-sounds. Eh. English is strong. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/E69k5b6.png (first at 02:48:992 - )
    This is a bit similar to 02:50:716 (1,2) - , but 1/8 instead of 1/16.
  19. 02:50:716 (1,2) - I would actually not use the 1/16 in this map since, as we said earlier, it's really hard to say when you should use 1/8 or 1/16, and because you alter this a lot, it brings a lot of inconsistency and misunderstandings in the map rhythm. I'd just use 1/8 for everything wizzy. For this sound I either used 1/16 or just plain 1/2, shouldn't be too confusing, haven't seen anyone breaking on them yet either
  20. 02:53:820 (1,2,3,4) - Eh, try to listen at slow speed. I think (1,2) should be only 1/2 rhythm, and (3,4) might fit as a sliderstream. (But I'd use 1/2 everywhere) I realize that it's 1/2 though I think the 1/4 sliders(not circle stream on purpose) make for a nice strong effect here
  21. 02:55:889 (1,2,3,4) - Sounds on these 4 are very subtle and quiet, it doesn't fit as a stream. Usually you use streams on hard and loud drums, but here you can hardly hear anything. I'd use 1/2 if not 1/1. Try to remap this pattern. The only clear 1/4 here is 02:56:406 (4) - This is even stronger than the one before, these sliders kind of enhance that feeling
  22. 02:57:613 (1,2) - This sound in the music sounds more like 02:48:992 (3,4,5) - but not like 02:50:716 (1,2,3) - . Or I don't know. Again, hard to say if you should use 1/8 or 1/16. Consider changing everything to 1/8 just to make it less complicated. It will still be very nice to play. Same as before, the 1/4 open space in between really neglect the chance of sliderbreaks, the one at 2:48 is clearly different, and where I used 1/2 circles instead is just for the sake of variation I guess, shouldn't be too much of a problem
  23. Consistency talks. 02:57:613 (1,2) - repeating wizz sliders - check. 02:58:647 (3,4) - repeating wizz sliders - check. 02:59:337 (3,4) - repeating wizz... Oh wait. Here you can see that all 3 patterns have the same sound in the music, totally the same wizz stuff, but first two times you use those repeating sliders, and later you just place simple 1/2. Might add same repeating sliders at the 3rd pattern?
  24. 03:19:509 (9,10,1) - Fix the spacing please.
  25. 03:22:096 (2) - This is the same as 02:48:992 - . You should use two repeating sliders instead of one.
  26. 03:40:371 (1) - This should be 1/4. Listen to the music. (I still like how it's with 1/2, just pointing out the proper rhythm)
  27. 03:44:509 (1,2,1,2) - Brilliant. But notice that free space between (1) and (2) is 1/2, but between others it's only 1/4. Maybe extend (1) until 03:44:939 - ?
  28. 03:58:733 (7) - This note should be removed. Listen to it without the hitsounds. It does feel like a better lead in/outro/buildup whatever to call it to go into the slower part, removing that note kinda removes that tension
  29. 04:09:509 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - Listen carefully. You'll see that you can only hear drums for the first 5 notes. Drums are just as always, a 5-ple here. From (2) to (6). Starting from (7) the sound changes a lot. It's not the same stream anymore. I think (7) should be even probably removed. But later it's even more complicated. The same wizz sound as at 04:10:371 (1) - can be heard at (8) (04:10:027 - ). Ideally, you'd place a wizz slider at the place of (8), but a huge bass sound at 04:10:199 - (10) really breaks this idea. The best solution I could come up with was using a 1/2 slider from 04:10:027 - to 04:10:199 - . Try to place it and look how it sounds: http://i.imgur.com/73BnB9F.jpg Removing 7 is sufficient I think, there's a ''wizz'' sound indeed however there's also a clear 1/4 sound going on there which I'd rather stick to not to make it too confusing
  30. 04:12:096 (3,4,5) - This is clearly a wizz sound, same as at 02:48:992 (3,4,5) - . Use those sliders please, they are cool. And again, consistency. It really sucks when you place a nice rhythm in one place in a map, then a minute later same thing sounds in the song and you use simple stuff pretending that you didn't hear the sounds. It really only brings the inconsistency. I don't see a reason to place 1/4 here. I've listened to this many times on various speeds with and without objects but it really does sound more like distorted 1/4 than anything else
  31. 04:12:958 (3,4,5,6) - This rhythm is quite hard to understand because it's getting overlapped with previous stream at 04:12:096 (3,4,5) - . That's a very hard and unusual rhythm, so you should make it clearly visible. If you fixed previous suggestion, then this problem should not exist.
  32. 04:16:233 (3) - Same thing again, as at 02:48:992 (3,4,5) - . You better use two 1/8 sliders instead of one. Just because of that huge hard sound at 04:16:406 - . http://i.imgur.com/nme2FeF.png
  33. 04:26:061 (2) - You didn't fix this important, very important thing from my original comment. The 1/4 stream should start at the white tick at 04:26:233 - . Yes, when you listen to it at 25%, you can hear subtle yellow tick 1/8 sounds, BUT! Which is a lot more important, it's very hard to start this stream from the red tick, because the red tick is a lower beat, and the long repeating slider make you go off the beat. It's a lot funnier and easier to start from the white tick here imo.
  34. 05:04:509 (2,3,4) - This should be a 1/4 stream according to the music. Purposely kept this a bit simpler due to the music being calmer here, also a short time to kind of regain some stamina for the last part
  35. 05:09:682 - Consider adding a repeating wizz 1/8 short slider here because of the sound at the stream beginning. Just like here: 04:22:096 (3,4,5,6,7,8) -
I'm so fucking tired oh my god. I hate breakcore.
Hope this helps. Best of luck.
Really great mod, helped out a lot, thanks! Things I left no comment at are simply fixed
Secretpipe
Great to see that the map has been handled after the DQ.

Bug me whenever you feel like it's rdy!
hehe
lolo lol sol LOol sSAME
grumd
already did that dangit l2 redl
:C

1. 01:03:554 (1) - did you fix this slider's position after moving (3)? i think you should fix this spacing
  2. > I know and I really did this on purpose cause the guitar is really overwhelming the song more than the drums here
    Yeah I didn't listen to the guitar indeed.
  3. > For this sound I either used 1/16 or just plain 1/2, shouldn't be too confusing, haven't seen anyone breaking on them yet either
    You just didn't see me playing xD I always break the combo on those for some reason. Maybe just didn't hold the button enough.
  4. 03:58:733 (7) -
    > It does feel like a better lead in/outro/buildup whatever to call it to go into the slower part, removing that note kinda removes that tension
    Actually in my opinion this works like this: 03:58:302 (2,3,4,5,6) - You have a drum pattern right here, usual 5-ple Igorrr uses all the time, and then there's a tiny pause before the buildup with a strong vocal and bass. You can hear how well are basses playing with the vocal on this triple: 03:58:820 (8,9,1) -
    These two patterns are quite different thus the pause between them builds up the tension and the power of the upcoming triple, making it a better intro in the next section. Just my opinion though. (I'd even stack the triple, feels even better).
  5. I think I still missed some parts like around 02:59:940 - where you'd better add some additional wizz sliders (sound there is pretty loud indeed), but I guess it's still fine as is.
Good job, man, now I feel this map is a lot better :)
I just commented some of your fixes, maybe you'd like to fix a couple more little things I pointed out, but that's more like just a comment/recheck.
I'd approve this now if I could :)
grumd
I just testplayed your diff again and I was hitting a lot of 50s and sliderbreaks on 1/16 sliders, so I tried to understand why this happens.
And I understood.
Basically, at this BPM a 1/16 beat is 22 ms. You can check it on your own.
And according to this table at OD9 you will get a 100 if you exceed 24 ms window.
So, basically, it's harder to hit a 1/16 slider without a sliderbreak than to hit a 300 circle.
If you start hitting the 1/16 slider 22 ms later than intended, then you're going to miss the first circle and the first repeat as well, which results in a sliderbreak.
You will get a sliderbreak if you hit the slider start with an accuracy for just a 100-ish hit. Does it deserve to break the combo?
That's really not any good. This means that anyone who can't hit a good 98% accuracy will be forced to break the combo at those 1/16 sliders pretty often.
But if you use a 1/8 slider, the hit window is doubled, making it 44 ms which is a lot better (almost like a 100 window for OD5-6).
I think you must change 1/16 sliders to 1/8, otherwise it's quite unplayable for most non-pro players.
ComfyWolf

Ok regarding my SB, I'd just like to say a few things to anyone reading.

Thank you very much Kyshiro for letting me do the SB for the first map I've worked on that will most likely get ranked in the coming days, ESPECIALLY since you could've just fixed the mapping instead of brainstorming with me for 7+ HOURS to see how both of our wants for the SB can come together in what I'd make.

Oh and I wouldn't recommend playing the 1/8 flashes starting at the second kiai on repeat, it'll really start to hurt after a while. ;)

Other then that, I hope you guys enjoyed it :)
VINXIS
Great map!
Shiguri

Mishima Yurara wrote:

Great map!
Erishtar

Shiguri wrote:

Mishima Yurara wrote:

Great map!
Secretpipe
rerank ty
ComfyWolf

Secretpipe wrote:

rerank ty
I'm hoping the map gets ranked. I think Kyshiro is just doing some stuff.

I would get a hold of him but he never seems to be online when I am. :?
Sonnyc

Krfawy wrote:

Not so fast Kyshirowetteriterino

Popped the bubble for an unused ".osb" file, call me back for a rebubble!
WOW LMFAO

It's been years when "remove unused .osb file" modding has got encouraged to be gone p/557573

and a bubble pop has happened because of nothing.
DeletedUser_4329079
Nice map
Topic Starter
Kyshiro
ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lmao

regarding the 1/16 sliders grumd mentioned, I've had a lot of people testplay it again, and I played it myself a couple of times as well, they really don't seem to be a bother, in fact i havent seen anyone breaking on them.

So, let's finish dis
show more