forum

Three Days Grace - Unbreakable Heart

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Lumael

ByBy13 wrote:

We fixed a lot of jumps in Unbreakable diff.

Rebubbled!
Thank you! ^^
riffy
Yo, a random bubble check as we've been discussing this beatmap with ByBy for some time.

Popping over corrupted hitsoundfile.

[General]
  1. soft-hitclap.wav is corrupted. The file is too short and does not provide any audible feedback that would make sense with the song. image. Apparently, someone gave you the corrupted file. You can just replace it with a copy of soft-slidertick2, I guess.
[Hoen's Easy]
  1. 00:16:842 (3,2) - minor - as the overlap is quite visible it might appear untidy/unpleasant. Try to avoid it to improve appearance of the difficulty?
  2. 00:16:842 (3,2) - try to make the slider 1/1 shorter (finish it at 00:20:698). So, we can focus on following the vocals closer. Afterwards add a slider from 00:21:127 to 00:21:555 - the slider will reflect "listentoyour" in the vocals.
    Note: you'll have to reove the circle from 00:21:555 - and get rid of a couple of unused green lines.
  3. 00:22:841 (2,3) - please avoid stacking sliderbody and slidertail completely, this is the easiest difficulty, it might confuse beginners. Same happens to a few more sliders, be sure to check out out all of them!
    Note: you can simplify it like this or maybe like that. Either way is fine.
  4. 00:27:127 (3,2) - minor - you can avoid the stack here by re-shaping 00:29:699 (2) -

The difficulty is quite fine, although I'm not really happy with the overlaps.
[Normal]
  1. Is there any reason to keep HP Drain low? THe song is short and it allows you to use HP4 here, so let's go for it! Average players want some challenge, too.
  2. 00:39:127 (1,2,3) - this is the only stack in the whole difficulty and it sort of breaks the intense way your flow goes here. Consider unstacking?

In general, this difficulty is pretty well-done. Although I would cosider adding a few 1/2 sliders to th non-kiai parts just to even the spread a bit.
[Hard]
  1. If you did increase HP on Normal, do the same here for the balance. If you think 6 is too high, try 5,5.
  2. 00:22:627 (2,4) - minor - is the overlap here intentional? YIf not, you can easily avoid it by using a stack like this.

I feel like the kiai part could emphasize the claps in the music with some soft jumps to make the difficulty itself more enjoyable and to improve the spread, but everything else was quite cool.
[Insane]
  1. Probably HP can be a little higher. Increase it by 0,5 or even 1, I guess.
  2. 00:28:841 (1,2) - once the players finish the slider they will be ready for some spacious patterns, give them a jump between thewse two objects.

Get somebody to testplay the difficulty and see f all the jumps work exactly in a way you intended them to. Everything else is fine with me.
I am still kind of upset that you did not map the full version, but I guess it's too late to change it. The set itself is not bad, and I'll be happy to see it ranked. Once the issues are adressed - feel free to poke BNs or me to get your bbble back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best of luck!
Topic Starter
Lumael
Oh, I'll apply changes during the night when I come back to home, thank you for your mod ^^, about the small file, I regret not making full version, but I'm planning to map more songs from this band and this time it'll be the full version

edit - fixed everything, hoen as well
riffy
[Hoen's Easy]
  1. 00:32:270 (1,2) - I am pretty sure that this is confusing for a low-ranked player and should be avoided in the easiest difficulty.
Call me back.
Topic Starter
Lumael

Bakari wrote:

[Hoen's Easy]
  1. 00:32:270 (1,2) - I am pretty sure that this is confusing for a low-ranked player and should be avoided in the easiest difficulty.
Call me back.
Fixed!
riffy
Lookin' good!

Rebubbled!
Topic Starter
Lumael

Bakari wrote:

Lookin' good!

Rebubbled!
Thank you!!
meii18
We made some fixies through IRC and the map looks fine to me

You're the one, you're the unbreakable... HEART
Topic Starter
Lumael

ByBy13 wrote:

We made some fixies through IRC and the map looks fine to me

You're the one, you're the unbreakable... HEART

Thank you
SrSkyPlayer
CONGRATZ \o/
Mekki
Congratulations \(^ω^\)
Lach
Who actually thought it was a good idea to cut a 3 and a half minute song down to 42 seconds? This is absolutely disgusting.
Topic Starter
Lumael

Lach wrote:

Who actually thought it was a good idea to cut a 3 and a half minute song down to 42 seconds? This is absolutely disgusting.
I am sorry but this is my map, I can't make everyone happy D:
Lach

Lumael wrote:

Lach wrote:

I am sorry but this is my map, I can't make everyone happy D:
It being your map doesn't make it the right thing to do.
Topic Starter
Lumael

Lach wrote:

It being your map doesn't make it the right thing to do.
It being my map reserves me the right of making it the lenght I want.
Battle
Grats on that first ranked map o/
Topic Starter
Lumael

MkGuh wrote:

Congratulations \(^ω^\)

SrSkyPlayer wrote:

CONGRATZ \o/

[-Deemo-] wrote:

Grats on that first ranked map o/
Thank you all!
Rizia
gratz!
Topic Starter
Lumael

Rizia wrote:

gratz!
Double Thank you! For congratulating me and for bubbling this 3 times ^^
Spayyce

Lach wrote:

This is absolutely disgusting.
Hmm? I would reconsider some word choices so as to not offend anyone.
Lach

[ Space ] wrote:

Lach wrote:

This is absolutely disgusting.
Hmm? I would reconsider some word choices so as to not offend anyone.
But cutting a three and a half minute song to 40 seconds for an easy ranked map is disgusting. I'm not sure anyone could find it offensive.
Topic Starter
Lumael
It's not cutted for easy ranking. It's cutted because I have problems to keep up doing something for a long time, I can't map long songs because I get tired of them easily
Lust
lend your support to this RC proposal so stuff like this doesn't have to happen again
Topic Starter
Lumael
I doubt this will be implemented, BNs will die nodding full version of songs and the amount of dqed maps would increase so much that it would be worst for everybody
Shohei Ohtani
So let's actually think about this for like 3 seconds.

First of all, lots of full version songs are mapped. The main reason that people ignore them is because they're honestly lazy, and that's more of the BN's fault for having a shitty work ethic. Not all BNs are that stupid though and will literally only mod short songs, and if they are, then they honestly should be removed from the team.

I'm super neutral on this issue. I do agree that people should be allowed to map however they want, and that restricting someone to not being allowed to map something based on length is kind of silly, but I also agree that it's literally pretty stupid to shorten your song just because you have ADHD or something. (Especially when people don't do TV size cuts like wtf who cuts after the 2nd chorus)

I'm going to stay out of the argument that's probably going to come after this, but I just wanted to put that in since your view of how the BN works seems to be really skewed. BNs aren't children. Well, the good ones, anyway. They mod good maps, not just maps that have a certain length.

But please move this discussion to the link that Lust posted. This map would be a perfect example of showing why the NEW PROPOSED RULE (Disallowing cuts) should be made / should not be made.
Zerss
Congratz~ ! :D
DeletedUser_4329079
Disappointingly short
Topic Starter
Lumael

Z e r s s wrote:

Congratz~ ! :D
Thank you!
Kuuma
Gratz Lumael!
Topic Starter
Lumael

-Hanabi- wrote:

Gratz Lumael!
Thank you!
meii18
You did it! Congratz once again Lumael!
Spayyce

ByBy13 wrote:

Congrats! <3
Topic Starter
Lumael

[ Space ] wrote:

ByBy13 wrote:

Congrats! <3

ByBy13 wrote:

Survived! :P
Zerss
Ranked, GG! :D
Yoges
Happy birthday! ... oh wait.. shit that's not right... um... oh yeah. Congrats on ranked!
Topic Starter
Lumael

Yoges wrote:

Happy birthday! ... oh wait.. shit that's not right... um... oh yeah. Congrats on ranked!

Z e r s s wrote:

Ranked, GG! :D
Thank you!
osu master213
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)