forum

ROKINA - Icicle Stinger [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
85
show more
Topic Starter
EdamaMe411

Chromoxx wrote:

recheck, no kds

Kantan-Muzu look fine now

[Oni]
01:20:879 - add a d to follow the melody ok!
01:54:669 - i'm not sure about the introduction of ddk triplets like 01:55:511 (289,290,291) - in the last kiai, it may feel weird just introducing them now... maybe change the ones like this to ddd or something No....If I use ddd or kkk,this map so simple construction. So,I don't change~ :(

diff generally follows the main melody of the song a lot better than before!

[Inner Oni]
01:54:669 - 1.1x SV is a bit over the top here, you said something earlier about not wanting to change it because it's supposed to be a hard difficulty or something. That's what the Taiko Holic difficulty is for. This difficulty isn't really that hard and using 1.1x SV here is a bit unneccesary imo.
00:33:301 (223,224) - ctrl G and delete the finisher, sound goes upwards here

to be honest i feel like this difficulty still needs a lot of work. The patterns in the Taiko Holic diff are more comfortable to play than this, which already says something, going through all this stuff individually would be pretty pointless and cost too much time, just please rework this difficulty in a way that it will become more smooth to play as i already hinted in the last mod.

ALL FIXED :?
And I'll try to change clearly.... :o



Call me back when Taiko Holic stuff is fixed and the Inner Oni is reworked to play smoother.
Chromoxx
Inner Oni could be a bit more dense 1/2 wise in the first kiai, maybe make stuff like 00:40:564 (282,283,284,285,286) - a full 1/2 pattern
Topic Starter
EdamaMe411

Chromoxx wrote:

Inner Oni could be a bit more dense 1/2 wise in the first kiai, maybe make stuff like 00:40:564 (282,283,284,285,286) - a full 1/2 pattern
improved
tasuke912

Chromoxx wrote:

recheck, no kds

[Taiko Holic]
01:36:932 (49) - delete this note, the length and start of this stream comes completely unexpected and doesn't fit the song.
00:53:143 (80) - again, delete this note. You said the pitch change to d is enough emphasis, but it definitely isn't. By that logic that note is the same strength as 00:53:406 (85) - 00:53:564 (88) - 00:53:721 (91) - 00:53:879 (94) - . also starting the stream at 00:53:090 - is a bit too over the top in general and doesn't really follow the music imo.
02:03:195 (16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46) - this stream is longer than the last finale stream at 02:06:774 - even though it really shouldn't be. I would highly suggest deleting a note at 02:03:985 (31) - to emphasize the sound at 02:03:932 (30) - like you did with all the other patterns here to keep consistency. You may argue that the part here is a bit more intense and you put the longer stream here because of that, but it is by no way intense enough to warrant a stream of this length here, which is even longer than the final stream.


I'm not willing to discuss about the things pointed out in the taiko holic diff, since they are pretty serious imo. It's only deleting 3 notes, which when looking at a diff like this isn't actually asking too much and probably also lenient compared to what other BNs would suggest.

Call me back when Taiko Holic stuff is fixed and the Inner Oni is reworked to play smoother.
1st, 2nd: changed. I had different opinions thought there seems to be no sense to keep them anymore.

3rd: The stream is actually longer than last stream, but the difference of only four notes doesn't matter because both streams are enough long. Between 32 and 28. so small difference. Then I tried your suggestion and I felt beatmap became too boring by five streams of same length. I won't apply it.

http://puu.sh/tinS8/7b6fbddf41.zip
Chromoxx
will look at it again later today in search of another solution. definitely not ok with it as it is now though since there isn't enough to suddenly justify a stream of this length. There'll probably be a more interesting to play solution than just cutting the stream there so i'll check it out but it would be cool if you can try searching for another solution too.

EDIT:
I have an example suggestion on how to solve this problem without making the stream section boring with repeating lengths:
02:03:774 (27,29) - delete these notes and 02:03:669 (25,26) - ctrl G. would sound good with the music and also create some variety, having a slightly longer stream at 02:03:932 - to emphasize the part there while also leaving a short point of relief at 02:03:827 - to make the whole thing a bit smoother to play.
This is just an example suggestion, there are definitely other ways to cut the stream that also fit. If you like what i suggested here feel free to implement it. If not, please find another way of cutting this stream.
Thanks :D
Topic Starter
EdamaMe411

tasuke912 wrote:

Chromoxx wrote:

recheck, no kds

[Taiko Holic]
01:36:932 (49) - delete this note, the length and start of this stream comes completely unexpected and doesn't fit the song.
00:53:143 (80) - again, delete this note. You said the pitch change to d is enough emphasis, but it definitely isn't. By that logic that note is the same strength as 00:53:406 (85) - 00:53:564 (88) - 00:53:721 (91) - 00:53:879 (94) - . also starting the stream at 00:53:090 - is a bit too over the top in general and doesn't really follow the music imo.
02:03:195 (16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46) - this stream is longer than the last finale stream at 02:06:774 - even though it really shouldn't be. I would highly suggest deleting a note at 02:03:985 (31) - to emphasize the sound at 02:03:932 (30) - like you did with all the other patterns here to keep consistency. You may argue that the part here is a bit more intense and you put the longer stream here because of that, but it is by no way intense enough to warrant a stream of this length here, which is even longer than the final stream.


I'm not willing to discuss about the things pointed out in the taiko holic diff, since they are pretty serious imo. It's only deleting 3 notes, which when looking at a diff like this isn't actually asking too much and probably also lenient compared to what other BNs would suggest.

Call me back when Taiko Holic stuff is fixed and the Inner Oni is reworked to play smoother.
1st, 2nd: changed. I had different opinions thought there seems to be no sense to keep them anymore.

3rd: The stream is actually longer than last stream, but the difference of only four notes doesn't matter because both streams are enough long. Between 32 and 28. so small difference. Then I tried your suggestion and I felt beatmap became too boring by five streams of same length. I won't apply it.

http://puu.sh/tinS8/7b6fbddf41.zip
upload ok 8-)
Reficul
[TAIKO HOLiC]

Hey tasuke can you make SV changes a bit smoother? it's a bit confusing to read ;w;

01:34:458 - move this to 01:34:564
01:37:827 - this to 01:37:879
01:54:248 - I suggest doing a gradual SV increase from here because 01:54:669 feels too abrupt lol

no kds pls
Topic Starter
EdamaMe411

Midnaait wrote:

[TAIKO HOLiC]

Hey tasuke can you make SV changes a bit smoother? it's a bit confusing to read ;w;

01:34:458 - move this to 01:34:564
01:37:827 - this to 01:37:879
01:54:248 - I suggest doing a gradual SV increase from here because 01:54:669 feels too abrupt lol

no kds pls
Oh,,,sorry.
I had overlooked your last sentence :o
tasuke912
@Midnaait
fixed only first point. I prefer to make SV change on barline in order to emphasize the song better.

@Chromoxx
Tried millions times, and finally came up with a good one.

http://puu.sh/y9VjS/a4772b1067.osu
Reficul
o boi
is this happening???
Arrival
i will try modding it this week
Topic Starter
EdamaMe411

Arrival wrote:

i will try modding it this week
Really??????? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Arrival
okay so

[General]

01:39:511 - I think these sliders aren't very good emphasizing wise and it would be best for this part to be left empty (you've got them on kantan futsuu and muzukashii)

[Kantan]

00:33:406 (11) - not willing to use a finisher for this kind of sound ? i believe it would make the diff a bit more interesting for beginners (or at least here 02:00:985 (12) - )

[Muzukashii]

00:13:616 - to 00:16:564 - what do you think about this , i think it suits better the song overall

00:32:774 (54) - removing this note would emphasize these 3 00:32:985 (55,56,57) - better

[Oni]

00:16:458 - add a d here ?

00:37:827 (186,191) - consider putting these two as finishers too i think it fits very well with your other ones after

02:00:248 (326,327,328,329,330,331,332) - what do you think about kddk dk here ? considering you emphasize the K here 02:01:195 (333) - i feel like this note 02:00:985 (332) - is unnecessary.

[Inner Oni]

02:01:406 - I think the diffspike is quite too big here, consider at least deleting 02:04:300 (489,490) - to make a small break, so you keep the difficulty spike but doesnt contrast TOO MUCH with the rest of your difficulty.

taiko holic is awesome



call me back
Topic Starter
EdamaMe411

Arrival wrote:

okay so

[General]

01:39:511 - I think these sliders aren't very good emphasizing wise and it would be best for this part to be left empty (you've got them on kantan futsuu and muzukashii) I will discuss the point with tasuke 912 and decide.


[Muzukashii]
Muzukashii fixed all point
00:13:616 - to 00:16:564 - what do you think about this , i think it suits better the song overall

00:32:774 (54) - removing this note would emphasize these 3 00:32:985 (55,56,57) - better

[Oni]

00:16:458 - add a d here ? ok

00:37:827 (186,191) - consider putting these two as finishers too i think it fits very well with your other ones after ok,and 00:37:511 (185) - changed k

02:00:248 (326,327,328,329,330,331,332) - what do you think about kddk dk here ? considering you emphasize the K here 02:01:195 (333) - i feel like this note 02:00:985 (332) - is unnecessary.
kddk dk is ok.But 02:00:985 (332) sounds kick clearly,so no change
[Inner Oni]

02:01:406 - I think the diffspike is quite too big here, consider at least deleting 02:04:300 (489,490) - to make a small break, so you keep the difficulty spike but doesnt contrast TOO MUCH with the rest of your difficulty.
I changed it slightly.

taiko holic is awesome



call me back
tasuke912
[_Chichinya_]
IT'S HAPPENING :OOOOOOOOOOO
!
Arrival
okay give me a moment to make a quick recheck
Arrival
waiting for the tasuke diff upload
Greenshell
holy smokes it is finally happening
Topic Starter
EdamaMe411
[General]

01:39:511 - I think these sliders aren't very good emphasizing wise and it would be best for this part to be left empty (you've got them on kantan futsuu and muzukashii)ok,FIXED

ALL OK. tasuke912's diff uploaded
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply