forum

Over 10k play count and over two years, yet...

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuudachi-kun

Philantropist wrote:

You guys are seriously hurting my feelings with these playcounts /s
You have double mine x^dddddd

But less hits
Risa
Playcount doesnt really matter i think. But u just need to play more. I dont think any top player ever said that low playcount is impressive
Nadfee
I habe 8,500 playcount 'n almost 3 months now.
gibe de playc0unt b0ss
Risa
Oh and ofc dont worry if ur not improving as fast as other ppl. The imprtant thing is to enjoy game.
And since improving fast doesnt necessarily equal to having a lot of potential, the reverse should also be true.
Nadfee

Reset- wrote:

Oh and ofc dont worry if ur not improving as fast as other ppl. The imprtant thing is to enjoy game.
And since improving fast doesnt necessarily equal to having a lot of potential, the reverse should also be true.
These are true words. When I was playing at rank #100k+ I always thought (oh I have to be like e.g _index in 2 years) or something like that. I let go of that mindset after I played songs I like and I just kept focusing on myself and challenging myself rather than focusing on a goal.

"Sometimes, people look at others so much they can't even recognize themselves"
Those words have stuck in my head since my grandfather passed away 2 years ago. I hope some motivation will help you OP!
otoed1
2 years of playing should be at least 40k playcount, if you hardly even play. 10k plays is virtually nothing.
Fleuret
You can't even count 3/4 of my play count actual plays. Seeing as how when I just started all I did was restart ever.single.time.I.missed.a.note.
Insyni

otoed1 wrote:

2 years of playing should be at least 40k playcount, if you hardly even play. 10k plays is virtually nothing.
40k playcount in 2 years would mean they would play 2.7 hours a day. I wouldn't consider that hardly playing, considering most "time spent on computer/ gaming" surveys often have approx 20 hour a week on the high end of the spectrum.
silmarilen

Reset- wrote:

Playcount doesnt really matter i think. But u just need to play more. I dont think any top player ever said that low playcount is impressive
playcount is like pp. it's not accurate but it's good for a rough estimate.
you can assume that someone who has 10k playcount in 2 years will not be as good as someone who has 40k playcount in the same timeframe

Insyni wrote:

otoed1 wrote:

40k playcount in 2 years would mean they would play 2.7 hours a day. I wouldn't consider that hardly playing, considering most "time spent on computer/ gaming" surveys often have approx 20 hour a week on the high end of the spectrum.
actually it's more like less than 1 hour per day average (40000/730≈55 plays per day, assuming about half of those plays are quick retries or fails)
Kumiho
dw dude, i have 16k playcount and i joined 6 years ago LOL
timemon
10k pc in 2 years is too low.
you should at least average about 1000 plays a month. Which is very easy to achieve if you play the game....
Sylveon
your score is average for your play count, (pp wise) if you only play vacations then i think you need to realise that you will always be limmited at this game. Either quit, or accept you can't spend your life here and move on.

PS since everyone else seems to want to spam play count... I was 8.5k playcount in my first month of play
Okoratu

otoed1 wrote:

Depends on what kind of person you are. If you retry a lot then this is accurate. Im at like 53k after 3.5 years though id say not caring much about your skill and just trying is usually better than tilting a lot about how you cant even pass <mapname> which many people with similar playcount can easily do.

It's a game guys lol u can be here for clicking circles and listening to music instead of being frustrated about clicking circles.
markii

Ahmad Nadheer wrote:

I still don't know how to hold my tablet pen (Wacom CTH-470), I always get a miss or my hand starts shaking for no apparent reason.

Pls send help ;-;

Play count doesn't matter, but hitcount does. hit 3 million more circles it get's easier
jesse1412
Play as much as you played in june CONSISTENTLY and your skill will increase consistently.
vsprite
10k in 2 years? Pfft, I had 500k in 2 days. Enjoy the fact that you still have a life
chainpullz
Hitcount per hour is a more consistent metric. Why are we talking in terms of play count again? An hour a day is roughly 12k Hitcount per day so roughly 8.6 mil keypresses expected in 2 years.
Vuelo Eluko
30k playcount in 2 years and i cant hit a jump
pandaBee
20k pc in half a year and i still can't alternate.
Mahogany
18k playcount in a year and I can't stream gud
meteor22
tssss
some people should spend more time playing and less time on these forums lol
Yuudachi-kun

meteor22 wrote:

tssss
What if you have times you cannot play the game?
timemon

Khelly wrote:

meteor22 wrote:

tssss
What if you have times you cannot play the game?
You don't practice osu! in your mind?
ZenithPhantasm
Play more or uninstall game and whine about how much you suck.
Nadfee
nvm
waifu
chainpullz

Nadfee wrote:

Im sorry this will be my last shitpost in G&R xd
Good joke.
Nadfee

chainpullz wrote:

Nadfee wrote:

Good joke.
thank you
ZenithPhantasm

chainpullz wrote:

Nadfee wrote:

Good joke.
^
Nadfee
oh u know me too well c;
CelegaS

meteor22 wrote:

10k playcount in 2 years is way too low
i dont even know how its possible to be so low
Just don't retry after every miss and play 90% of multi
Arctic
wait what
Bengon
I only have 10k playcount because I spent like 9 months just idle. It's not hard to boost it up if you play often however. You can probably play like 10-20 songs in a day even if you aren't really feeling it maybe even more. That's like 70-140 plays a week or 350-800 plays a month. 4200-9600 playcount in a year. If you got at this pace you should be at least 20k playcount or higher unless you dropped the game for a while like some people. Oh and don't forget that people tend to play more on weekends and such when they have more time away from school or work.
Alihassan580
I still don't know how to hold my tablet pen (Huion H420) , I always get a miss or my hand starts shaking for no apparent reason.

Pls send help ;-; >:( :o

Ahmad Nadheer
Endaris
Nathaniel
There isn't really correct way to hold it. You should just find what's best for you. The amount of time you play won't change your playstyle.