forum

[resolved] Screen tearing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
heiwajimaisa
Problem Details:
I've never had these problems before and I don't really know what's happening.

I have screen tearing and I don't know how to fix it.
I tried to run Osu! with 60 fps limiter (v-sync) and it gets worse.
I tried to active v-sync in my graphics options and it gets slighlty better, but just slightly.
I tried to play with v-sync in beta/cutting edge, it gets worse. With the v-sync of my graphics active, Osu! can't even run properly. So Stable is the best option.

I tried everything I think I could and I don't know what I can do anymore.
Refresh rate of the monitor is 60hz and my notebook should run Osu! fine, because I can get 600fps in unlimited gameplay. Some months ago I didn't have this problem, I had to install Windows 7 again and then this happens. Osu! didn't even crash before, now it crashes some times.

Any help?

osu! version: b20150812.11
Trosk-
Probably you were playing on Borderless and now you are playing on Fullscreen mode. It is normal to have screen tearing on Fullscreen mode.

Also, would you mind putting here some specs of your PC here? Because normally people are getting better performance and less tearing on Beta and Cutting Edge release streams.
Topic Starter
heiwajimaisa
Intel Core i5 2430M (2.40GHz)
6GB Memory 640GB HDD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

And I'm playing with 1600 x 900 (Borderless)
Nekonyan
have tried to use Triple Buffering setting in Nvidia Control Panel? also don't forget to set your osu! renderer to OpenGL and VSync enabled.

You could try triple buffering setting on DirectX too.
in case you're curious about what's triple buffering

click the image for further explanation.
Topic Starter
heiwajimaisa
Looks like the problem was enabling v-sync in Nvidia Control Panel but keeping DirectX as the renderer (I read in another forum that these Nvidia functions only works with OpenGL just like you told me).

Thank you very much. <3
Nekonyan

heiwajimaisa wrote:

Looks like the problem was enabling v-sync in Nvidia Control Panel but keeping DirectX as the renderer (I read in another forum that these Nvidia functions only works with OpenGL just like you told me).

Thank you very much. <3
Glad it helps. ;)
Trosk-
Tip: Change to Beta release stream if you want to use OpenGL. It has so many problema on Stable.