The Mafia Tree - Game Over

posted
Total Posts
show more
Haneii

Amianki wrote:

Amianki wrote:

Sorry, I can only see two possibilities right now:

1. Notscience was targeted for a kill and survived.
2. Scum no-kill gambited. This actually incriminates sLaiNi, if anyone, because he was the one who was trying so hard to get a massclaim of sounds.

Vote: sLaiNi

I really think we're overthinking this game by a massive amount.
What's ambiguous about this?
Nothing at all. But those are things you knew Day 4, yet you still chose to protect him that night. Which means you must have still thought he was town/most likely to be NK.

I'll ask again. What did Slaini do Day 5 that made you vote for him?
Amianki

Amianki wrote:

We were in a situation where NS and sLaiNi both heard each other two nights in a row and claimed actions didn't account for the discrepancy. Occam's razor says that sLaiNi is the scum in that scenario because of who was protected from kills at the time as well as his play after the kill was blocked.

This conclusion could only have been reached after night 4 since Ace Timing's scum flip kind of cleared up the air by itself and sLaiNi looked like the strongest contender for the nightkill at the time.
Raging Bull
Its probably because they both heard noises again and that slaini wasnt targetted for NK.

Haneii, do you know any reason why you were blocked?

CB what would you do if given noise block?
Raging Bull
Seeing as DL is approaching in 3 days, i will state that I will be voting for haneii tomorrow and avoid rushing. I cannot see (yet) CB being scum. States protected NS(?) and slaini. NS and Slaini both flipped town. No one also counter claimed doc. I cant see scum doc in that. Nothing in haneii particularly points him out as scum, but i feel like he became a little more passive lately and i dont see him as town as before.
Amianki
If I had an antitown role as town, I'd only use it to prove I had it. As scum, I'd probably use it either on myself or to someone next to me.
Amianki
Second sentence was to the specific role, if there was confusion.
Haneii

Amianki wrote:

I actually realized the moment after I voted that my logic for RB being conftown was wrong since it's impossible sounds haven't been tampered with and I've been meaning to try to piece together sound claims from the past days. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I've been not here today because my brain refuses to function today. It probably won't be much better tomorrow, but should be fine on Monday.

Got time yet?
Amianki
Kinda.

I have a faint memory of RB claiming another power. Did he ever put all that info in one post?
Raging Bull
Not that im aware of. I only hinted using a power, but haneii guess is correct. I toleblocked slaini and drezi.

If you were scum, why would you not use it on someone not near? I feel like you are more capable of defending or talking your way out of a sound claim and affect more people with noise block.
Haneii

Raging Bull wrote:

Not that im aware of. I only hinted using a power, but haneii guess is correct. I toleblocked slaini and drezi.
When have I guessed it? Also, you've never mentioned performing an action on slaini before now. What night did you role block slaini?
Raging Bull

Haneii wrote:

I agree. Do you really think they got 1 goon and 2 DVs? while we get dvs, a cop, a role blocker, a bus driver, and possible doc?

Pg 117. Am I wrong? Well its few days ago so ill give you that. I blocked slaini N1 after his hammer.
Raging Bull
I dont think I ever had a need to say i targetted slaini come to think of it. I blocked him, but a kill went through. The bus noise also didnt help anyone with sound making.
Haneii
I understand why you kept it to yourself early game, but you could have told us the other day when we were asking for role/action claims. Why keep it to yourself?

Also, at the time I wasn't guessing you were roleblocker. I was referring to the already confirmed pieguy.

Now that you role claimed, it's even more less likely. Town has two role blockers? Along with dvs, a cop, and a bus driver? Still feels a bit too much, even if we did have a miller.

Considering all the roles, it'd be more likely to have a scum role blocker...

Also, I still feel uneasy about how you claim to have role blocked drezi on a night where we didn't get a NK and never pressed the possibility that you might have stopped it. You dropped it so easily.

I've had RB as possible scum for a majority of this game and had Ami at null for pretty much the entirety of it. Gut tells me RB...but ahhhhhh
Topic Starter
Sakura
A vote count probably wont be necessary because people aren't voting.
I do want to inform you that there's about 43 hours left until deadline.
Raging Bull
When you asked for action claim, i thought you meant n3 only, so i did. I already hinted at it when i said there was no kill n3. The hell? Yet no one else seemed to care and only focused on slaini and ace, except for MB (i think). Throughout d4, when NS mebtiones possibility of doctor, i stopped as i didnt think about it because it was reasonable to also protect NS after his push on jess. So i shifted my attention to the ace and slaini discussion.

Haneii wrote:

I've had RB as possible scum for a majority of this game and had Ami at null for pretty much the entirety of it. Gut tells me RB...but ahhhhhh
Actually im worried about voting haneii now. I didnt even notice this. I cant see CB doing this to get anyone lynched as scum...
Amianki
RB what's your full action list?
Haneii
so you, a confirmed role blocker, decide that the failed NK didn't result from your role block, because others don't seem to agree with you/catch on to your hints/or care?

You felt that that the more likely scenario involved a speculated doctor, that might have protected NS, who was probably the target for the nightkill?
Raging Bull

Amianki wrote:

RB what's your full action list?
2 shot rb. I used it n1 on slaini who hammered and i didnt like it. Used it on drezi n3 as drezi heavily defended jess, who was scum.

Haneii wrote:

so you, a confirmed role blocker, decide that the failed NK didn't result from your role block, because others don't seem to agree with you/catch on to your hints/or care?

You felt that that the more likely scenario involved a speculated doctor, that might have protected NS, who was probably the target for the nightkill?
Yes. Unless im suppose to know something else. Slaini heard sounds coming from NS. Who else would target NS after he lynched scum? Not RB as I targetted drezi. Not invest since he died. Hider? No one died. BD would be obvious in this game.

Please let me know a scenario where a NS would be targetted by another role thats not a doc.

Inretrospect i should have claimed as I turnes VT the moment i rb drezi since i used my last shot.
Haneii

Raging Bull wrote:

Please let me know a scenario where a NS would be targetted by another role thats not a doc.
Mafia role cop, mafia role blocker, some other scum aligned role etc.

How are you so sure that NS was targeted by town, enough to disregard your role block.
Amianki
2-shot Cop
2-shot Doctor
N5 Compulsive Strongwilled Global Roleblocker
1-shot Bus Driver
D2 Double Voter

vs

D2 Doublevoter
1-shot Global Noise Mask (very likely)
1-shot... full blast fan? w/e masks sounds in one spot permanently (very likely)

???

2-shot Roleblocker
D3 Doublevoter
Amianki
If the game really is THIS simple that RB is scum, then I'm going to be mad.
Amianki
ok here's the conundrum

Evidence that RB is scum
His night actions are sketchy as shit. Haneii's point about him dropping it fast is solid and the nights he used the roleblock are the same night that both the scum noise things were used.
Would we really have this much power as town? Even if you factor in x-shots, it's really sketchy.

Evidence that Haneii is scum
Scum JoaT with two noise masks and double vote makes a lot of sense as a role.
Scum specifically having most of their power being in being able to screw with sounds makes more sense with another night action on the board. The problem is that even with this, the amount of power they got to screw with it is ridiculous.

---

So I think I was fully right in trying to shut down noise talk early on when it starts getting jumpstarted since I'm pretty certain at this point that this setup was designed to make the sound mechanic a double edged sword for town. I think that was the idea behind not giving scum much to counter everything else.
Amianki
I just looked back and the Navizel kill and I really really like the idea of RB using that as a tactical kill to set this type of situation up.
Amianki
siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

RB makes more sense as scum via play
Haneii makes more sense as scum via concrete info

dsfjalksdfjkl;asdlkf
Amianki
Wait I'm an idiot.

Scum's RB. I'm preeeeeeetty sure now.
Haneii

Amianki wrote:

Wait I'm an idiot.

Scum's RB. I'm preeeeeeetty sure now.
Then place the vote.
Amianki
nah
Topic Starter
Sakura
24 hours, 20 minutes until deadline.
Haneii

Amianki wrote:

nah
why not?
Haneii
Btw, you mentioned 2 scum noise mask. Which nights are you referring to? @amianki.
Haneii
Amianki????
Raging Bull

Haneii wrote:

Raging Bull wrote:

Mafia role cop, mafia role blocker, some other scum aligned role etc.

How are you so sure that NS was targeted by town, enough to disregard your role block.
I guess you are right about that. As he was a strong town player, it would have been equally as likely to have been targetted by mafia too. I really didnt even think about that since i was thinking about what he said about no one targeting jess due to her play and listed down town roles.
Raging Bull
MB is town, so i cant coordinate with him t use BD
Haneii
RB, do you still want to vote me today?
Haneii
Amianki

Haneii wrote:

Btw, you mentioned 2 scum noise mask. Which nights are you referring to? @amianki.
huh?

Night 1 was the night everyone heard machinery, and night 3 you were name-bolded.
Haneii

Sakura wrote:

Hi, you are a Treehouse Landmaster (Town 1-shot Bus Driver)
You are in charge of house property and inhabitants, however it's pretty costly to move people and so you decided that you'll only take the risk once.
1-shot Bus Driver: Target 2 players, those 2 players will swap houses permanently, this will be reflected in-game, in adition the night you use this ability, any abilities targeting them will target the other, and everyone will hear heavy machinery

You win when all the invaders have been kicked out of the treehouse

The noise night one was MB and they flipped town.
Haneii
Gone again?

I want to sleep...

...and then I'll be gone for most of tomorrow and miss deadline

Can't we end this tonight? Start placing votes?
Amianki
alright, tbh I don't see myself deviating from this regardless, so.

Vote: Raging Bull
Amianki
If I'm wrong, then I'm the worst, etc.
show more