forum

Why on osu!cuttingedge multi mode only for supporters?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yanQQ
I really want to play multi on osu!cuttingedge but I can't and I really want to. Maybe you are like fixing something but I want to know why.
NaTha
osu! is a completely free-to-play game, but running it is most definitely not so free. Between the cost of commissioning servers and high quality international bandwidth, the time spent maintaining the system and community, providing prizes for competitions, answering support questions and generally keeping people happy, osu! consumes quite a hefty amount of money! Oh, and don't forget the fact that we do it without any advertising or partnering with silly toolbars and the likes!
osu! is at the end of the day largely run by myself, to which you may know best as "peppy". I have had to quit my day job in order to keep up with osu!, and do at times struggle to maintain the standards I strive for. I would like to offer my personal thanks to those who have supported osu! thus far, and just as much to those who continue to support this amazing game and community into the future :).
Dean/ppy/peppy and his Team need Money too.
iCakeMan
What NaTha said.

And for your information:
Some time ago experimental releases were a supporter-only feature, but peppy decided to open it up for everyone for better/more feedback.
XinCrin
Anyways, Multiplayer looks exactly same as in Stable ;)
- Marco -

XinCrin wrote:

Anyways, Multiplayer looks exactly same as in Stable ;)
Yeah, but with one more mod, TargetPractice :)