forum

Increase max mouse sensitivity in osu! options [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Kert
Well, it can be strange for many of you, but 4x in osu and max sensitivity in windows is not enough for me..
If it's not hard to increase it to 5x or 6x, please make it.

P.S. Please, don't suggest me to buy a new mouse.
qlum
Have you maxed out the sensitivity in windows first? Because if you max them both in windows and in osu! you will get a very inaccurate mouse pointer, if the maximum in osu! where higher you would get a uncontrollable mouse.
Nakata Yuji
Well, getting a new mouse is tons easier. If you're using a regular ball mouse, then the mouse sensitivity is going to be much lower than an optical mouse. Well, from my experience anyways.
Topic Starter
Kert
2qlum Reread the first post. Yes, it's maxed out in windows and in osu up to 4x and the cursor is perfectly controllable.

2Nakata Yuji I have an optical mouse with 800 DPI.
I believe it's just like changing one or two lines of code in osu.. If it's a lot harder, than I'm not against denying my suggestion

Changing sensitivity in osu .cfg file doesn't work by the way, it resets to 4
saymun
make your game window size smaller ;)
GladiOol

saymun wrote:

that doesn't effect your mouse speed lol D:
Derekku

GladiOol wrote:

saymun wrote:

that doesn't effect your mouse speed lol D:
A smaller window would allow you to get to hitobjects much faster than a larger screen. :v
Topic Starter
Kert
I am playing fullscreen.
Playing in a window is a pain.. because when you accidentally move your cursor out of the osu window sensitivity changes to windows' and bringing it back leads to loosing control of everything and missing notes
GladiOol
@Derekku

I tried playing my usual 800 x 640 and then tried 1024 x 768.
I felt no diffrence in-game with mouse speed o.O
Rukario

CracK wrote:

I am playing fullscreen.
Playing in a window is a pain.. because when you accidentally move your cursor out of the osu window sensitivity changes to windows' and bringing it back leads to loosing control of everything and missing notes
You can't get out of the window while playing lol D:
Topic Starter
Kert

Rukarioman wrote:

You can. During spinners at least
saymun

GladiOol wrote:

I tried playing my usual 800 x 640 and then tried 1024 x 768.
I felt no diffrence in-game with mouse speed o.O
the speed of the mouse doesn't change, you just don't need to move your mouse as far to get to the other side of the screen (which gives practically the same result as increasing mouse sensitivity).
Rukario

CracK wrote:

Rukarioman wrote:

Nope, just tried just to be sure. I you cannot get out just by going out of the window. you have to at least Alt+Tab to get out while playing.
Topic Starter
Kert
Before I posted about spinners, I tried it by myself.
peppy
Sorry but this will not happen. If you need more than 4x, something is wrong with your mouse configuration. You may need to get drivers specific to your mouse, or adjust your windows mouse settings.
Topic Starter
Kert
Thanks for the response, peppy.
In the meantime, I found kinda a workaround, if anyone is interested. I changed MouseSpeed value in HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelMouse to 2 and it seems to work. There are also lots of other values there you can play with.
AnimeFreak16

CracK wrote:

Rukarioman wrote:

dam, since u play with 4x im assuming u are goood but u spin with big circles? i guess i was wrong about u being goood lol everyone knows that spinning in a small circle is way easier
Gens
1. 8 months old bump for something largely irrelevant to the thread's main point.
2. One can keep discussing preferences over what is 'better' when playing and not reach a conclusion because, well, they're preferences.
3. There are many threads regarding spinners in Gameplay & Rankings, I don't see why would you say something like this here.

Lockity lock lock to prevent other people from doing this.